IMDb > Babe (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Babe

Babe More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 19: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

The Best Film of 1995

Author: btimmer from South Pasadena, CA
27 December 1999

Years from now, film critics will wonder why this film didn't win the Best Picture Award for 1995 (instead of the violent epic "Braveheart"). The movie had everything. It had a wonderful story, great acting, both by the humans and the animals, and some of the most visually stunning effects ever seen on screen.

And we didn't have to see anyone chopped to pieces, we just had to see animals. getting threatened with being chopped to pieces.

Family Entertainment at it's best

Author: Jazzman-17 from Canada
11 August 1999

Babe is a very heartwarming story about the little pig that could. Babe is a pig who thinks he is a sheepdog. He struggles to fit in and prove his sheepherding merit. Adults and children will love this movie that has some unforgettable characters including Ferdinand the Duck, and who can resist the charm of the singing rats? A movie like Babe will stand the test of time . Second Rate childrens movies like the Power Rangers will be gone before you can say, "MightY Morphin!" **** OUT OF ****

An instant classic.

Author: joebofet from Pittsburgh, PA
9 August 1999

I have to admit that I reluctant ly saw Babe during an eventless Tuesday night in college, and expected no more than a mild disappointment. As it turns out, this is one of my favorite movies, and I fell in love with it before the opening credits had finished ( as the camera pans the pictures mounted on the wall, the picture of the pig opens to reveal it's innards. A brilliant piece of black humor which remained a constant theme throughout the film). Since that first viewing, I bought the film on video, and am very displeased to say that my "loose in the hips" ex-girlfriend is now in possession of it. In any case, this is one of the best films EVER made. I do not use that term lightly. Watch it. It's a masterpiece.

It's so much more than a children's movie!

Author: Michael Bregman from London, England
6 August 1999

A brilliant fairy tale about a very special farm and a very special pig. Funny at some points and dark at others.

Little Babe tries to find out what is this world around him and what's his place in it. Being a sheep dog seems to him like a good plan!

Beautifully done with tons of style and excellent special effects and musical score, this movie is CLASSIC.

I love Babe!

Kids will enjoy it too, but it's so much more than a children's movie.

A wonderful film...

Author: Anthony Einsel from Hastings, Nebraska
3 August 1999

Babe is a heart-felt film that is funny, beautiful, and dramatic. The plot was well-thought up and is made for a kind of family film like this. The characters are a strong part of this story. Ranging from Babe, to Ferdinand, to Fly. It showed the kindling of different subplots and mishaps that you do not find in a normal family film. All I have to say is...

wow...

***1/2

...more than a kids movie

Author: Liz-59 from Philadelphia, Pa
5 June 1999

Looking at the cover, you'd conclude that this is some nonsensical juvenile movie, and that the only adults who'll scrutinize it are those who run a day care. Well, this movie shows the signs of ascendancy and prosperousness as much as Forrest Gump does, but with only a brief more for the child in you. Babe is the protagonist, and the unique who ceaselessly had it in him but just at no time knew it. And Farmer Hogget is the one who needs to be saved, on account of all of his life he has been the one who never was listened to, so he learned to say nothing. But the way this pig came into his life and showed his love for Hogget changed his life, Babe's and everyone else on that farm.

Great movie for everyone

Author: (tajci@mailcity.com) from Zagreb, Croatia
11 January 1999

I went to see the movie because critics were praising it, but with some mixed expectations. I mean, on the one hand, it got very good reviews and it was from Australia, but on the other hand, it was a movie about a pig that ends up working as a sheep dog! In the end I was very pleased with this movie rather unique capability to be equally interesting for the children as well as for the adults. On the "children level" the story is rather simple: little polite orphan, pig Babe, lives happily on the farm with his various animal friends and a good master, does a valuable job and makes his master and all of his friends proud. Talking animals and singing mice are hardly an innovating idea, and this all sounds, more or less, like any other infantile children's cartoon that's interesting only if you're under 6. On the "adult level" things are rather different. It's a black comedy that raises serious questions. I cannot believe how many people describe this movie as "magical" or even "innocent"! From the beginning of the movie, when Babe thinks his mother and all of his brothers and sisters are going to "Pig's heaven", as everyone says, when in fact they are taken to be slaughtered, move is full of such black humour, including Mrs. Hoggett calling Babe "my little pork-chop", and farmer Hoggett wanting to kill Babe because he thinks that Babe is so much like a sheep dog that he could kill a sheep! And the fact that our beloved Christmas is a question of life or death for our little friend Babe, decision depending on this dilemma: "Pork-chops or duck d'orange?" Don't you get the irony? Well, I haven't seen "Babe: PINC" yet, but I intend to do so, as soon as it starts playing. And if it were darker than first Babe is, and everyone says so, I would think it's only natural. I mean, if idyllic life on the farm gave place for so much black humour, one can only imagine things that could happen in a big city.

A magical movie

Author: Emma97 from East Lansing, MI
3 December 1998

I just have to say that I love this movie. It is truly enchanting and magical and if you think about it more deeply, it carries an extremely valuable message. I think this is a movie that is worthy for both kids and adults. I wish more movies made me feel as good as this one does.

Magical!

Author: LeRoyMarko from Toronto, Canada
30 June 2001

Very good movie about that little pig who gets to live on the Haggett's farm. Warm, touching story. The way the narrator tells the story, it's just like an illustrated fable.

Reminded me of Chicken Run that I also really liked.

James Cromwell is just fabulous in the role of farmer Arthur Haggett.

Rent this one, even though you don't have any kid!

Out of 100, I gave it 83. That's *** on a **** stars rating system.

Seen at home in Welland, June 30th, 2001. Marko Roy.

WOW

Author: todd2u from Ohio
30 April 2000

Boy was this a good movie. This is one of my favorite movies. Everything about it was perfect. Anyone and everyone will love this movie. I don't have anything bad to say about this movie. I recommend this movie to anyone who loves a good childrens movie. Tell you the truth, this isn't just a childrens movie. Everyone will fall in love with Babe.