IMDb > "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Star Trek: Voyager"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Star Trek: Voyager" More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 31: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

love to watch

Author: fenna9 from Davis, California
18 February 1999

I love this show, I never miss an episode if at all possible and incapable of holding a conversation while it is on (well while Chakotay is on screen, talking or being talked about... what can I say I'm obsessive). I understand why my friends don't think this show is as good as some of the others out there but it's not terrible. The characters are just way too cerebral.. and far too serious all the time. Janeway should let her hair down (if she still had hair), why did they give her a first officer like Chakotay if she's not going to use him! The desire to get home is one that I think everyone understands and it makes the show interesting to watch. You never know how far the characters will go to shave a few more years off the journey and I am almost always surprised at how the "rules" are broken to suit each characters needs.

They just need to have more fun, get drunk, party like it's 2455 and figure out that "home" is a subjective term!

Not the best but great to watch

Author: Michael Berlouis (mberlouis@yahoo.com) from Glasgow, England
12 February 1999

I think voyager is a worthwhile TV show. It's almost as good if not as good as the x-files. While for one thing bad shows would not make it to it's 5th season now would they? The chemistry of the actors is a bit poor but it is passable eg. the docotr/nellix nellix/kes harry/7of9

The special effects are also excellent

The Best of Star Trek!

Author: max
10 February 1999

I think that Star Trek: Voyager is a really great show! It has many good acting characters, such as Seven of Nine and Janeway. Jeri Ryan playing the role of Seven of Nine is really good and keeps the entire show together! She performs best and keeps the flow of the show! She does excellent work!!! Overally, the show is a success and it is very good. Some episodes are unbelievably great however some are dull and boring.... however the main plot and storyline keep the viewers interest and is well thought of... The show is worth watching!

Captivating

Author: Denver Baines from Kidsgrove, England
3 February 1999

Like most dedicated ST fans, I was apprehensive during VOYAGERS early episodes. As with most productions that present the audience with a large variety of new characters, the risk of early program dismissal is high. It takes time to get to know the characters and watch them grow. I persevered and can honestly declare that ST:Voyager is the best incarnation yet of the whole ST genre. ( IMHO )

As stated by previous reviewers, there is a family feel to the program, unlike any other. It's no good being told to watch the show 'and you'll like it.' I have watched every episode upto date available on UK TV. ( Plus a couple of sneak video of later episodes...I couldn't resist ! ) It took me up until Series 3 to be this dedicated to the show. In summary - give the program a chance - albeit a long one. I did ! Denver

I don't know what your talking about!

Author: Robin Goins from America
28 January 1999

I have read some of the comments for Star Trek Voyager, and I don't understand why people are saying that the last season was blown? Good look at all the stuff they did, look how far the Characters have come! I think that the first and second season was set up for Voyager proving that it can handle its own, and once that was establised they could get more to the people that ran the ship. I loved it. And Voyager's first officer isn't taking up space like some people seem to think, I think he helps to serve as the captains other side, when she doesn't want to hear it. All in all I think that the show in a whole has gone farther that all the other shows and I must say that I like the command style that Janeway was given by the writers.

A good show in it's own right

Author: DeltaDav from Redwood City, Ca
20 January 1999

I personally don't understand the criticism of the show. But then again, I guess you can't please everyone.

The show I think has gotten better as time has gone on. The addition of Seven of Nine's character was a great idea. That they found a knockout babe to play her was even a better idea!

This is what I think......If Babylon five had never been made, we'd be saying voyager is a great sci-fi show.Before B5, no one else was telling really good Sci-fi stories other than Paramount with TNG. Then along comes B5 and a story line you just CAN'T turn away from, and it became the standard by which new sci-fi is now judged.

I'm a little off my main point......Voyager is a good show. I personally like B5 better, but Voyager's a damn good second!

I beg to differ

Author: Michael Oglesby (moglesby@ccta.gov.uk) from Noirwich, England
12 January 1999

Star Trek: Voyager is growing from strength to strength. I must admit that the first season of Voyager was pretty poor, or it could be me because I such a TNG fan that I was expecting the same. Now into season 4 the show is really good. The episodes "Scorpion" 1&2 were bloody fantastic! I can clear seen why the producers introduced the character 'Seven Of Nine', sex-appeal, but I'm not complaining. I would hope that Voyager had stayed in Borg space for a little while longer though and see some more action space fights, which we all love, because these are the episode that are remember the most. The characters in ST:VOY are good. The Doctor is great, as is Tuvok, but Neelix and Janeway can get a bit on your nerves. Just one question though, "How many Shuttle craft has Voyager got?" Call about the Nitpick of the year. Don't expect ST:VOY to be like TNG or DS9, if you do, you will disappointed. ST:VOY is original in it's own right and should be praised for that.

Voyager has proven to be a solid television series.

Author: Jay Jahoon Ku (jayku83@hotmail.com) from Exeter, New Hampshire
1 January 1999

Since its premiere, Star Trek: Voyager has received mixed reviews ranging from high praise to harsh criticism. Through its first season, Voyager showed that it was a series to be respected. The program illustrated its uniqueness by putting a woman into the captain's seat, something new to the Trek universe. After the completion of the first season, however, many felt that the series began to degrade. Despite this view, it has been clearly shown that Voyager remains to be a solid, strong show that continues to grow and expand into new places. Although there may have been shows that were not as high quality as the others, there have definitely been amazing aspects to each story that adds drama and action to the series. The actors themselves have greatly improved their relationships between their characters. Now, Janeway and Chakotay have a friendly, and potentially romantic, relationship that has added flavor to the show. Furthermore, there have been more developments between the cast. The most significant addition, however, has been the character of Seven of Nine. She brings a new perspective to the ship. Here is a woman who has never fully explored the delicate and elaborate constructions of her emotions and must deal with them. Moreover, with the addition of Seven, there are more relationships to be formed and developed. The plots and storylines of Voyager have also been consistently strong. Now in its fifth season, Voyager has been the epitome of exploration. Being in the Delta Quadrant is something that Voyager must forever face. Because they are in a new land, they will encounter numerous challenges. With the passing of the 100th episode, Voyager now passes into a stage in which it will continue to grow and improve on its already strong foundation.

This one is a treasure...

Author: Jayce Mynthe from The Netherlands
30 December 1998

I've never understood all the negative responds towards this beautiful series. Surely, the first two seasons may not have been superb, but they weren't as bad as many would like you to believe, and neither The Next Generation or Deep Space Nine started off as strong as they would become in later seasons.

I think Voyager has been misjudged by people who wanted to see something else. Well, Voyager is about a lovable crew trying to get home. I feel for these people, and I care about them. I care about the journey home for them. The crew acts like a family, and Voyager is like a home. It's hard to describe the feeling, but it's a feeling of warmth. And there are so few series that can give me such a feeling. Some people will probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Voyager is not for you then, so there's no reason to knock it: you just don't get it.

The fourth season is when it all came together. The addition of Seven Of Nine worked perfectly, the stories came in to focus and the characters became as lovable as any Star Trek character. I truly believe that by the end of next season, Voyager will have become the best Star Trek series to date.

Season 4 rocks!

Author: Svante Adermark (svante@oops.se) from Gothenburg, Sweden
29 December 1998

I'd just like to say that Voyager started out as a fairly weak Star Trek Series, but season 3 was incredibly good and 4 was even better.