IMDb > "Spider-Man" (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Spider-Man" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

The best

Author: Anthony Nardelli ( from Canada
9 July 2008

Really, this is my favorite cartoon of all time. Growing up as a small kid watching it everyday when coming home from school i quickly became a huge fan of the series and Spider-Man himself, if i hadn't had seen this series i would probably never had been a Spider-Man fan. Every episode was amazing they always had a great cliff hanger, great story, great characters, great voice actors and great animation. The Venom Saga was easily my favorite storyline i remember watching all the time on VHS after receiving it as a Christmas present, the storyline was amazing, i didn't read the Spider-Man comics to know the origin of the Symbiote but this TV Show told it better as far as staying in Spider-Mans world.The Storyline was very dark and scary if only the Spider-Man 3 film had followed the symbiote story it would have made more sense and been better but the storyline was pure incredible, Peters dark side was unique and scary. Venom quickly became one of my favorite villain to ever step into the Superhero world. The series didn't have the character of Gwen Stacy but i was totally fine by, i didn't discover her character until years later. The Green Goblin was always my second favorite character of the show his design was perfect and his character was perfect as well and he delivered one of the most amazing evil laughs i have ever heard. The series didn't feature much Electro so that disappointed me because he is my favorite villain ever believe it or not. I always enjoyed The Black Cat and Spider-Man episodes mainly because i enjoyed the love relationship storyline a ton, i enjoyed it more then the Peter and MJ story lines likely because Black Cat was like Spider-Man a lot fighting crime. If you are now in your teens and are a die hard Spider-Man fan it is likely because you grew up watching this series, like myself. This series is very special to me and it will always remain my favorite cartoon series ever. 10/10

the best representation ever

Author: Flaming Carrot from Canada
13 July 1999

I've seen all those other Spidey cartoons, and as hilariously bad as they are, they're painful to watch; however, this version of Spider-Man has the most accurate representation of the character Peter Parker/Spider-Man and all his friends and enemies.

The animation is interesting to look at, the story is quick-paced and exciting, and the dialogue has corny jokes and puns which are hilarious. They've even used the lesser-known villains, such as the Spot! Now THERE's an indication of a really good cartoon show.

It's a shame they had to end it due to legal problems. Will the world ever learn?

The Greatest rendition of Spider-man there Ever will be.

Author: Rett Mikhal from Framingham, Massachusetts
17 April 2005

Spider-man and X-men. There was nothing more a kid needed in the time of the 90s. Between Uncle Ben's sage-like advice and Nightcrawler's Piety, it's a wonder we all didn't revert back to the 1950's.

This show was a marvel of animation when it came out. In the spirit of Hollywood, cartoons coming out now are much blander and boring than what once was good, like this. The blended CGI which it was famous for was unique, and really helped to show New York in a "real" fashion (to us kids.) The story line can't be beat. While the comics go much deeper and have much broader character ties, this cartoon does the same thing as X-men and brings it to a realistic level that you can watch, and understand, without having to dig through comics to see what the hell just went on and who's who. Whereas the movies of both franchises have simple stories and characters (but big special effects), and the comics have HUGE stories and unlimited characters, the shows are a perfect zen of the two.

The best part of the whole series is easily the voices. The voices brought this show from the comic pages to the small screen. Christopher Daniel Barnes will always be Spider-man to me. Edward Asner (JJJ) and Jim Cummings (Shocker.) The absolute best is Roscoe Lee Brown as the Kingpin. The role was made for him.

The end of this show was really perfect, they redid the clone saga (which caused a HUGE upset in the comics) and gave it a much, much happier (and plausible) ending. Scarlet Spider is still there and he still kicks, along with Madam Web and the Beyonder. Spider-Carnage is also there, as evil as ever. Spider-Carnage's character represents a lot of hatred and malice that can be found in each and every person. The end of the series always gives me a sad/happy nostalgia.

This is one of the greatest shows ever made. Hands down.

"Spider-Man" - A loyal fan's review

Author: dee.reid from United States
6 June 2008

This is probably the best animated series of Marvel Comics' Spider-Man during the 20th century. I saw "Spider-Man" whenever I could on FOX Kids during its short run on television during the mid-1990s. If you've read the comics since "Amazing Fantasy #15" (Spidey's August 1962 debut), then there's no need to retell the story, but I'll do it anyway: Peter Parker is a shy high school student who gets bitten on the hand by a radioactive spider at a science exhibit. The spider-bite gives him a vast array of spider-like abilities, which he then uses to fight crime after the murder of his beloved Uncle Ben by a burglar. Fans also know that Parker's life wasn't easy, as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man: his relationships with the people he was closest to suffered (like with best pal Harry Osborn and - eventual - wife, Mary Jane Watson), and he became desperate for cash after Uncle Ben's death so he had to take a job as a photographer for the Daily Bugle to help support his widowed Aunt May - all this while fighting crime as tights-wearing wall-crawler Spider-Man.

Anyway, the animated series "Spider-Man" is fantastic, a more-than-faithful adaptation of the comics. A lot of classic villains appear here, my favorite of which is Dr. Octopus, as well as my favorite Spider-Man character (other than Spidey himself), Venom - he's just the coolest anti-hero in the Spider-Man Universe!

I just wish this show would hurry up and come to DVD soon.

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
19 April 2010

As a 17 year old female, I really love this series. Then again, I am very fond of Superheroes, and I consider Batman:The Animated Series as one of the best cartoon series ever made. This Spiderman series is simply brilliant, with great voice acting, good writing, above average animation and gripping and faithful story lines. And I also love the characters, Spiderman is always likable, but I loved the villains, Kingpin, Dr Octopus, Green Goblin and Venom were all great. Plus the theme tune is very memorable.

Overall, I love Spiderman. It is a great series to watch, and it is great as an adaptation as well. 10/10 Bethany Cox

Amazing show, Even if it's for kids

Author: Alex Wardlaw from United States
23 September 2007

I watched this show every Saturday morning along with X-MEN in the early to mid 90's. I am watching season 1 through 5 now, and watching it brings me back to being a preteen again. But, watching it now makes me think how good of a show it was even if it was marketed towards kids. I think if it had a little darker tone and more violence it would be a perfect comic book to animated comic book series/show. I'm just saying, if it wasn't a kids show.

Anyways, I like how they take all the original stories from the original Amazing Spider-Man comic books and they do a very good job with bringing the stories to life. Even the new Spider-Man movies don't capture Peter Parker and Spider-Man like this show does. In the movie, they need to make Spider-Man more sharp and witty like he was in the comic books. But, for the show, it kicks ass. I think if you like Spider-Man, adult, kid, or whatever age you are. You will probably enjoy it.

Great Show, regardless of bad animation in spots

Author: AndytheDirector from United States
2 July 2003

Alot of people complain about the animation in this show. While it was rather poor in spots, it had some good CGI backgrounds of cityscapes, which looked neat. And then there's the story: AWESOME!! So what is the animation is spotty, people read Lord of the Rings even if the edition is 25 years old, water stained, and smells of dank basement. I loved the stories about Venom, they showed real moral dilemmas. It was on par with the spectacular X-Men show of about the same time. Fox should put a definitive DVD collection out of this, X-Men, and maybe EEEKstravaganza.

The best action cartoon ever!

Author: gamerzach7 from United States
15 January 2012

I woke up early pretty often to watch re-runs of this show, and cutting a little sleep was definitely worthwhile. This show is a perfect edition to the spider man universe. Every episode has strong animation,a clever and compelling story, suspense you will enjoy, plenty of action, and often a twist you don't see coming. Character emotion is a little weak, but gets the job done. The show usually leaves off in one episode to continue in the next, and this is surprisingly fun. Guest stars from other marvel stories are sometimes brought in to stir things up. When a kid grows up, this is something they will look back on.

Great adaptation for the famous Spider-man!

Author: CSGarfield
14 April 2005

Spiderman has many cartoons throughout the years, and this is among the best ones made. I've also like this along with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and perhaps also X-Men once I've seen more of it, and many other action shows with some good amounts of comedy. Luckily this is on the Family Channel for the weekends and even on Toon Disney during the Jetix block, which will later have Fantastic Four and The Tick.

So if you can find this series of the world's most famous wall-crawler/web-slinger, go ahead and watch it! Hopefully this will satisfy any Spiderman fan or anyone else of the other audiences. Catch it on Jetix!

Best Spidey series ever!!

Author: jschroeck92
16 July 2012

I grew up watching this series and I loved it. I was always looking forward to watching this when I came home from school back in the 90's. Its perfect with great story lines, well-based off of the original comics. The only thing that was missing was Gwen Stacy but I was perfectly fine with that. The creators did a great job. I only wish someone could make a new Spiderman TV series, just as good as this one, with well drawn characters (not the stupid Japanese anime crap) that the children of our generation today could love Spiderman as much as I did.

The villains in this series are amazing, my favorite is Carnage. If you actually compare this series to the original comics, it is actually so close to being exact. That's what people want! They want a classic Spiderman based off of the original comics. Not like the crap movies that have Toby McGuire in them. He is a terrible Peter Parker. This series is totally worth it. Check it out on Netflix.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]