IMDb > The Misery Brothers (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Misery Brothers More at IMDbPro »

Unwatchable. Grade: F-

Author: Cobra-10 from MD
16 November 2001

Even Pat Morita (who I thought was funny in such low-grade films as "Night Patrol") can't save this piece of trash from being anything but utter unwatchable garbage. I can't believe I watched the entire thing. I believe there's a sequel to this debacle but there's no way I'm checking it out after seeing this wretched mess. It's not even funny for bad movie buffs. F-

Achingly Bad

Author: Crap_Connoisseur from Australia
14 January 2006

This film is truly horrendous. From the painfully unfunny opening credits to the exceedingly ridiculous courtroom finale, "Misery Brothers" never manages to be anything but a cringe worthy, cinematic car crash.

As a huge fan of bad movies, I usually revel in paper thin plotting, appalling acting and general tastelessness. This film has all of those characteristics in spades but still manages to be as enjoyable as genital herpes. The main reason for this is the film's obvious desperation to find a cult following. Misery Brothers does everything but hire David Hasselhoff to achieve this aim. There are musical interludes, a wrestling match and more bikini clad women than you can poke a stick at. The film's general craziness comes across as forced and ultimately, downright pathetic.

My second grudge with Misery Brothers is the shocking waste of a veritable cornucopia of Z-grade favourites. I'm sure it requires a special talent to make a dull film when you have the likes of Rowdy Rod Piper, Lou Ferrigno, Mother Love and Debbe Dunning in your movie. Poor Lou Ferrigno fares the worst, playing a toothless butler who walks around at one point in a black G-string.

Despite the overwhelmingly dire nature of this film, there are still two reasons to see it (hence the two star rating): Appearances by two amazing, and sorely missed, actors - Pat Morita and Nell Carter. Pat Morita glides through the thankless role of a knife throwing judge with his usual grace. Nell Carter, strangely not credited on IMDb, has a minor cameo as a maid but does get to perform a brief song, which was an unexpected joy until Nell is almost completely obscured by a chorus line of bikini clad bimbos.

Author: tiffytaffy14 from los angeles california
15 July 2005

I hope I never stumble upon another one of this guys movies..ever EVER again. It was a pointless, and truly unfunny piece of work...this guy should really think about his career...I'm sure this movie was plenty damaging. The movie was dry and quite shallow...and really didn't offer up many laughs...If this was the last movie on couldn't pay me a million to watch it. Maybe he should rethink the genre of film he should direct...comedy is definitely not one of them. It's quite sad that there were a few actors/actresses in the cast that have made quite the names for themselves, and I hate to say it..but doing a movie of this caliber is surely not positive for the career. I give this one two thumbs down...way down.