IMDb > "MADtv" (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"MADtv"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"MADtv" More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 11: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Late night sketch show better tah SNL

Author: Benjamin Wirtz from United States
17 November 2005

Mad TV is a sketch show featuring a cast of hilarious characters. It is on Saturday night and is better than SNL, my favorite actor is Frank Caliendo. Many of the actors go on to bigger things. Original cast member Nicole Sullivan stars on King of Queens and has appeared in siera Mist Commercials. Original cast member Orlando Jones was the original make 7 up yours guy and has also been in a few movies. Will Sasso starred on Less than Perfect. Michael McDonald has appeared on several sitcoms and in all three Austin Powers movies. Aries Spears appeared in the Pest and is now in Sierra Mist commercials. Alex Borstein has been in a few movies and now is Lois Griffin on Family Guy. Josh Meyers is now on that 70s Show. There are many original characters like Stewart (Michael McDonald) Miss Swan (Alex Borstein) Dollar Bill Montgomery (Aries Spears) Bae Sung "uh oh hotdog (Bobby Lee) Lauraen (Mo Collins) and many more. There are also impressions of real people the best in my opinion by Frank Caliendo. George w. Bush (Frank Caliendo), Bob barker (Michael McDonald) Rod Roddy (Frank Caliendo) Konnie chung (Bobby Lee) Ashley Simpson (Nicole Parker) and although Will Sasso's Kenny Rogers is loosely based on the rear Kenny Rogers it is considered an original character because it is nothing like Kenny Rogers.

Funnier Than SNL At Times, But Raunchier Than SNL All The Time!

Author: gluba2000 from South Boston, Massachusetts
21 December 2003

MAD TV is a mixed bag. It can be funnier than SNL sometimes, but raunchier than it all the time. But MAD TV and SNL have things in common... Their jokes can stretch out and in the end suck and get VERY annoying, some of their cast memebers suck, some of their cast members are good. But MAD TV sticks out like a sore thumb compared to SNL--it's MUCH more raunchier and even offensive at times. I prefer MAD TV over SNL sometimes. But you can judge for yourself which you like better.

Once fabulous, then faded, now resurging.

Author: lockbell from Atlanta, GA
15 February 2003

This show was great when Nicole Sullivan, Alex Borstein and Will Sasso were the focus. Mad TV's strength is in its pop culture parodies and it should stick to that. Nix the musical acts -- they give me a migraine. For a while, it was murderous to watch, but as of late, I think it's improved. Bobby Lee as Connie Chung is amusing and the Joe Millionaire clip with Bonifa, Anna Nicole Smith, and Lorraine was pretty good. I miss Alex and Will at the premieres and I hate that "Huntresses" skit, but overall, I think its getting better.

still good, but the beginning was the best

Author: DaADA1
20 April 2002

I used to love the beginning of this show. It was hilarious! Orlando Jones was wonderful. Mad TV and In Living Colour were my favourite shows until they started adding in new cast members and screwing things up. Now, the only sketches I watch are the ones with Will Sasso, since his talent truly holds this show together. His "Kenny Rogers Jackass" and Arnold Schwarzennager impressions are the best. I recommend muting the TV when he's not on...

Mixed Feelings

Author: Andy (snot_pe2012) from Maine
19 April 2002

First off, MADtv cannot even compete with Saturday Night Live. Anyone who says that this show is better than SNL is insane. MADtv was REALLY great in it's first 2 seasons. I remember watching it religiously and I can still recall many of my favorite skits. (Gumby & Poker, Action-Jackson, O.J. Simpson's Bloopers, etc.) However, in the recent years it has gone so far downhill that I refuse to even acknowledge it's existence. First off, they lost their best actors, especially missed is Artie Lange (Who is now on the Howard Stern show). Phil Lamarr, Nicole Sullivan and Orlando Jones are just a few others to mention. Now we have this lame cast and all of these STUPID recurring characters, like "Mrs. Swan," who I have yet to find any humour in (I swear, this show uses canned laughter) and then there is the godawful STUART! Don't even get me started there. The show has become an abomination to the magazine and is basically an anorexic version of Saturday Night Live. However, I still do enjoy watching the re-runs of the first couple of seasons, which airs on TNN (of all channels) for an hour every night.

Not Bad!

Author: Lho3323370 from San Diego, Ca
3 March 2002

Me, My Dad, And My Friends Like This Show. My Favorite Characters Are Miss Swan And Stuart. I Hear Debra Wilson And Will Sasso Are Dating. Michael I Hope You Get To Make An Appearance On Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. I Like The Old Lady.

HE LOOK LIKE A MAN!

Author: Matt (matthewjdarch@hotmail.com) from Canada
18 December 2001

Mad tv rocks! It is always fun to watch! Big laughs! Mo Collins,the "ups guy" and especially "Stuart" and Alex Borstein as "BUNNY SWAN" are awesome!! SNL has gone to the dogs but this show is consistently funny. Now it is on every day, three episodes in a row! I couldn't be happier! Me and my girlfriend always watch hoping that the character of Bunny Swan will appear, she is absolutely, nothing short of hilarious! Bunny quote: I tell you everyting, he look like a man!

wipes the floor with SNL

Author: silentbob2k5 from Livermore, CA
28 September 2001

I always loved the seasons of SNL with people like Phil Hartman, David Spade, etc. but then the new cast came in, like Cheri Oteri, Molly Shannon, Chris Kataan, etc. and ultimately ruined the show. MAD TV is constantly funny, unlike SNL. Lorne Michaels has turned his show into a corporate series, and constant advertising and isn't about making people laugh anymore, while MAD TV has some little backlot and is FUNNY. The show will decline if movie spinoffs and separate TV shows start to appear.

Toilet Humor That You Should Enjoy!

Author: Stealth-5 from Australia
23 December 2000

I rate MAD TV Depending on its seasons. Here they are.

SEASON 1 (1995) An excellent talented cast,with great original skits,and cool characters,definantley better than SNL.

SEASON 2 (1996) The great cast continue their work of art,most skits are excellent,and well done.Great guest stars too.

SEASON 3 (1997) Definantley a drop of fame,a few characters begin leaving,with casual fairly good backdrops,nowhere near as good as first 2 seasons,but still good.

SEASON 4 (1998) More Cast leave,so does the talent.MAD TV starts to become aggetated,the skits un-prepared and not so funny,new cast members are not good at all.AT best this season was OK.

SEASON 5 (1999) Only 3 of the original cast remain,with more new utnalented garbage,skits are boring,and re-occuring,SNL is definantley better right now.Poor Poor Attempt.

SEASON 6 (2000) Definantley its worst year,stupid characters,boring cast.Un-lively show,with lower amunts of GUEST STARS and talent,the show doesent live up to its reputation anymore.

So in other words the first 2 seasons were EXCELLENT.Seasons 3 and 4 were OK at best and seasons 5 and 6 are plain garbage. Its hard to find good skits these days,hopefully they will do something to boost up this sluggish show.

This show is still on?

Author: Rock Porch (PorchR@Bellsouth.net)
3 July 2004

I loved Mad TV since 1995, but this show is starting to become as stupid as Jessica Simpson talking about chicken of the sea. Most of the good actors have left to pursue other opportunities, so could you just do a favor to the others still there and cancel the show?

Many of the good skits are gone, also, "Reality Check," the "Vancome Lady," "Ms. Swan." Now, we are left with "OH OH, HOT DOG" guy and the almighty "Bibledude." I know the actors still there can do better stuff than this.

Now, there are still are good actors, like Michael MacDonald and......well that's it, and maybe Aries Spears. Bobby Lee doesn't suck, but he doesn't need to dress like a woman to get laughs. But back on the subject. The show says it's in a new season, but all I see is reruns.

So one last roundup. Season 1-5: 5/5 Season 6-?: 2/5