IMDb > "Hudson Street" (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hudson Street" More at IMDbPro »

Loved this series

Author: JJ1158 from United States
5 June 2002

I loved this series and was disappointed it only lasted one season. Hudson Street starred Tony Danza, playing a conservative police officer and single parent to his son, who was dating Lori Loughlin's character, a liberal police reporter from a rich family. Although the show didn't strictly focus on politics, the political insults they traded back and forth were my favorite aspect of the series. The dialogue was very well-written and the leads had nice chemistry as a couple. It's too bad this series didn't last longer.

Deserved more than one season

Author: Parker Lewis from United States
22 December 2016

I loved Hudson Street and it's a shame it didn't get more time to develop a following. Sure it wasn't a surefire hit like Friends, but let's not forget that Seinfeld wasn't an overnight hit, but NBC to its credit stuck with it. Anyway, Hudson Street was created by Randi Mayem Singer, and Hudson Street deserved at least six seasons and maybe more.

Tony Danza and Lori Loughlin lead the cast, supported by other talented stars such as Christine Dunford, Jerry Adler and Tom Gallop. There was much chemistry in the cast, and maybe there's room for this to be rebooted by Netflix or some other cable channel. I'm sure Hudson Street fans would love it!

Danza flops another :(

Author: DOYLE, RE (recon617@starfleet.zzn.com) from MD/DC (Gaithersburg)
3 March 1999

I like Tony Danza's shows, as I do Scott Bayo, after all I'm a product of the eighties. The show was slow to start off with, but gained momentum toward the end. Hopefully it will be able to show up in reruns on a Police TV Show Cable Station.