IMDb > Someone Else's Child (1994) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Someone Else's Child (TV) More at IMDbPro »

dramatization based on a true story

Author: baldwidow
16 November 2003

This movie is based on the true story of baby boys switched at birth. Ten years later, when a paternity test reveals the situation, Cory Maddox wants to find out where her birth son is. I won't tell about all the twists in this story. The bizarre turns are TRUE, but I would like to know what the REAL drama was. This movie uses the typical drama of callous reporters, angry busybodies and bigoted friends.

A woman discovers that the child she raised is not hers, and works to meet the child she gave birth to, and ensure his happiness.

Author: iwalkbyfaith-1 from United States
29 July 2006

A good movie, that teaches of a mother's determination to help and protect her children. Much better than the reviews it's gotten, even if it is a little predictable, it's still good. All she wanted was to make sure her son was happy, but she was treated horribly. Meanwhile the son she raised is going through issues of his own, as it is discovered that his biological father is black. Corry fights the legal process for the happiness of both her sons, trying to do what's right by them regardless of who the law says the children "belong" to, as if they're property. The adopted mother of her son is very protective, and terrified of losing her child, which makes this difficult - she's afraid that Corry will take her son away. Predictable at times, but worth the watch.

what parent as she said WOULD NOT FIGHT for what is like stolen from them. i agree as i have as many more.

Author: ShaKaarii Melendez from United States
18 January 2009

goodmomsfightdyfs.com advocate on parental rights i agree with adoption if the kid is fully adopted with no issue etc. beside that note i must say again i love this this channel for years. just love lifetime true stories,and uh the movie was based on a real life story and yes the crummy adoptive step mother and or adoptive mother whatever.did abuse cute little sweet innocent nelson. i am glad she lost the custody battle at the end.ALL BASED ON TRUTH.i love the lovely actress so talented country singer clint black wife lisa.adore her for years.Since seeing her i think on dallas as a teen in the late 80s i do believe was the first time i seen her great talent.love her and the boys were so great in the film,really seem like brothers glad color did NOT really even matter to lisa character love it and the little mix boy was so pretty.so cute,so was the white son nelson.a great film true story always make it best. I give it a ten easily.i would fight for my child too if i was lisa as i am currently doing actually and shall win in th end based on the LAW.

What an extremely possessive woman!

Author: JTPB from Netherlands Antilles
16 November 2008

I just saw this movie and it made me wonder about Americans, if this movie at all is representative for cases like these. Therefore is was a good movie. It makes you think about the egoistic characteristics of some women and a judicial system that struggles with the rights of a child. I myself have a adoptive child, so I am a little bit biased. In my opinion the woman, who does everything to get back her biological child is crazy. If it was not for the fact that these adoptive parents abused their child, it would have been an absurd exhibition of a extremely possessive woman who for 'natural' reasons went on a rampage to satisfy her "biological" feelings that could have damaged both children. Of course the movie was too sweet to make it really realistic, but the story was OK.

I sat here just shaking my head over this movie.

Author: justmary328 from United States
29 August 2007

I don't know which was worse, the viewer's made dopes of, or the stars in this movie who look like dopes. Am I to believe that this woman raised this child for seven years, and never noticed the child was a bit dark ? Am I to believe her mother, her father, and her husband never once said, hmmm this child looks a bit dark ? Am I to believe when the courts ordered the mother to view the adopted parents records, that Lisa Hartman had this wow look on her face, when she told her mother, Christopher is half black ! What ! Was that for real,gee do you think so. So not only did the grandmother, and grandfather look dopey and stupid never once mentioning this, but i guess we were supposed to look surprised and say...hmmmmm omg he is half black ! Totally stupid movie, almost an embarrassment even to watch this !

BAD Chick Flick!!!!

Author: Sean Richard McCarthy (srmccarthy1000@gmail.com) from United States
1 December 2001

Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE "Chick Flicks" (although I AM a man). It is just that this one is a real BORE! It's predictable, and if that is not enough, it's the kind of move that makes you YAWN every five minutes and makes you want it to end so you can go to sleep. NO!, it won't PUT you to sleep, but it will make you wish you were. On the bright side, the acting is good, and the story is ok, but gee whiz, how can you enjoy this movie unless of course; you have a personal interest in the story itself?.