IMDb > Police Academy: Mission to Moscow (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Page 3 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Quick Reviews!!

Author: malkane316 from NI
15 March 2005

Oh well. They go to Russia to help investigate a mafia boss who intends to take over the world with his brainwashing games or something. As a big fan of the series i may be biased, giving other entries higher scores than they may deserve, but this is one movie too many. Hightower and Hooks are gone, as is Nick and Proctor, leaving only a few of the originals. In comes Conners, another Mahoney clone who does OK, better than Nick, and strangely, Ron Perlman, a quality actor as the bad guy. For some Chrisopher Lee is present, and adds some style, but does little. Claire Forlani adds some extreme beauty to the film, and she is pretty good, but clearly should not be making this kind of film. The comedy is wildly unfunny for the most part, mostly slapstick, and there are far too many unfunny noises on the soundtrack meaning we cringe throughout. The remaining actors all seem bored, and only Lassard and Harris get any chuckles. The only really funny moment I can remember is the fact that Lassard just walks into some Russian's house and becomes part of their family. It is so stupid, yet typically Lassard that you can't help but laugh. Oh yeah, and Conner's moustache being blown upwards is the other funny other moment. The rest of it is forgettable, and while the remaining characters once again show why they are there, what they do is just not funny. They should have stopped at 4. They definitely should have stopped at 6. Even so, i'm looking forward to 8.

4 out of 10

worst of the series

Author: MovieMan-104 from oc california
10 July 2004

no point in making this, Yes i missed bobcat n steve guttenburg when they finally left this series but there were still enough funny characters left. With this one well my fav character Jones played by Micheal winslow is still funny but not as funny as he was in the other movies. Tackelberry isent as funny either. And what happened to Hightower? The guy Bubba Smith played. He has become such an important character they should not have even made this without him. I miss fackler too. that guy who was always accident prone. Also sweetchuck n house were also great i doubt the guys who played them had anything better to do so they should been in this.I hope if they do a part 8 which i heard they r talking about doing they well bring all these guys back along with bobcat n guttenburg.

Not very smart

Author: elpaz79903 from United States
6 December 2005

First and foremost this is a funny movie. Problem is, it's been done six times before. We have here the seventh installment to the ever popular Police Academy series and not the best in the bunch, not the worst either. Personally, I thought part six was worse than this.

Having the Academy go to Moscow and reek havoc was so much of a good idea that it might work. It does work for a while until it becomes routine comedy. Slapstick is one but routine gets tiresome. Now I hope this is the final part in the series, 'cuz it gets old too fast.

The acting was okay, the direction was fairly decent, and that parts finding the person's DNA and habits with the hair and front desk clerk posing as the commander while sitting on the toilet were well done. The main plot was the sleeper here, and the small comedy parts were the interesting parts in this movie hence the 5 out of 10 rating I give.

Sequels keep piling on

Author: saint405 from United States
26 June 2005

Sure Police Academy: Mission to Moscow is not a great movie, no where near a good movie but it's a funny little pop corn movie that you can enjoy on a rainy day when there is nothing to do. We have at least 1/3 of the original cast returning with the help of a few good film actors including Christopher Lee and Ron Pearlman. We have an okay plot that will never happen in life and we have Russian versions of the Godafther, soup being dumped down a drain onto a man, a dog peeing in your eye, men dressed as females, guns, car chases, yeah the usual cop tied with comedy ideas. But we have pointless characters and boring jokes thrown in! This film is bad but it is good in a weird way, give respect! At least it's better then Miami Beach, it's better then Citizens on Patrol, it's not that bad a film. If you can, try to check this film out. Mission to Moscow gets the big 6, enjoy if your at a risk.

for Russians - funny

Author: Anna from New York
5 February 2002

I can't say I laughed (but, well, I rarely laugh at movies) but I liked it. I liked the way Russians were portrayed in the movie (being a Russian :)) I have not seen other PA movies, so I can't compare, but this movie was interesting to me from the point "how do they portray us" :)

It's the worst Police Academy movie!

Author: Chuckles11 from Virginia, USA
6 June 2001

This is by far the worst PA movie out there. It's not horrible because (like me) you are probably a fan of the other PA movies. This movie is one level above terrible just because it's a PA movie and has most of your favorite characters in it like Captain Harris, "Motor Mouth" Jones, Callahan, Tackleberry, and Commandat Lassard. The plot is really bad. There are some genuinely funny moments in the movie. But there are only a few. It seems low budget, poorly written, and basically everything else that can be wrong, is wrong. But I suggest you watch it so you will have the ability to say you've seen all SEVEN police academy movies, and can trick your friends into watching this debacle, just like what I'm trying to do to you right now.

Looks like the last of a redoubtable series

Author: John Seal from Oakland CA
11 December 1999

Call me weird, but I have always enjoyed the Police Academy movies, and I found this one a pleasant diversion thanks to guest stars Christopher Lee and Ron Perlman. It's as silly as ever, but quite inoffensive, and Ian Jones captures some wonderful Moscow locations. Just think, without the fall of the Berlin wall, this film would not have been possible! Rife with continuity errors (look at the car windows during the chase sequence, and note that Perlman's character's last name is spelled differently on a manifest than it appears elsewhere), this was obviously filmed on the cheap. I like it anyway.

Low budget comedy movies never work.

Author: Homicide-2
5 August 1999

We should all know low budget comedy movies with a storyline never works. Besides, it was the seventh sequel. You shouldn't expect that much from this movie. As a loyal fan to the earlier Police Academy movies...I am forced to like it.

A towering masterpiece

Author: Baldrick from Oxford University, UK
7 May 2002

This is a very advanced film. Pay no attention to past detractors who spectacularly fail to *read* the ironic witticisms of this amazing film, for this carefully constructed little gem tips its hat at past masters of the genre such (particularly Fellini) then proceeds to walk its own path of joyous hilarity.

Several key scenes are particularly brilliant, particularly the tongue-in-cheek satire of Bertolucci (no less, in the bathroom!), and the film resolves to a stunning climax whereby morality and forthright honesty overcomes all potential obstacles.

I strongly urge you to watch this film; its significance and monumental importance will forever stand the test of time.

10 / 10

Even the tagline suckski!

Author: MovieAddict2016 from UK
5 August 2003

Terribly unfunny addition to the "Police Academy" series involving no plot whatsoever. Guttenberg is gone, Goldthwait is gone, and pretty much the entire original cast is gone. Not that they were any good to begin with.

Continuity errors, including charactrs' names being misspelled on numerous occasions, make this (hopefully!) the last "Police Academy" film to come along. I'd actually like to see another one made, just so I can say, without a doubt, that this is the most-milked franchise ever.

0/5 stars -