IMDb > MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday (1994) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Goodbye MacGyver!!!!

Author: michaelrustage from United Kingdom
3 October 2005

Sadly, this was the last time that Richard Dean Anderson played MacGyver. After a seven season TV series and one movie, MacGyver made his last appearance in " Trail to Doomsday ", the second and final movie. This movie was great but had a slightly darker atmosphere to the series. The whole thing seemed more serious and focused more on the story rather than action and MacGyver making things. Maybe it's because it was filmed in London. I've always found London a bit of a depressing place. This movie has a good story about MacGyver trying to find out who killed one of his best friends. But when he starts getting a little too close, they want him out of the way too. They try and kill him, but when that doesn't work, they frame him for murder so now he's wanted by the police. As usual, he solves it all in a typical MacGyver manner.

Another Great MacGyver movie!

Author: Indyfan82 from Chaguanas, Trinidad
16 November 2000

This movie was yet another great MacGyver adventure. It had all the feel of the tv series and had many "MacGyverisms". Really incredible movie. A must for all MacGyver fans. This movie had drama, action, and adventure. Hey, it's MacGyver. What more do you need? A great movie!

One of the best movies I have seen

Author: Annie-37
27 November 1998

I have seen this movie many times, and I love it. The storyline is terrific. Anderson is as usual wonderful. I just love the plot, it is so well done. I give it 10 out of 10 points. I highly recommend it.

Runs from one unlikely event to one even more unlikely

Author: meif from Hengelo, The Netherlands
14 June 1999

This movie is really something else. It's all so unbelievably unlikely. How stupid do they think the viewers are, anyway. Probably as stupid as the detective himself: when you are trapped, only two people knowing where you were going, and you rule out one of them as suspect, do you arrive to the conclusion that the other must be the villain? Not MacGyver! He keeps guessing. Another example: MacGyver is wounded and exhausted; he collapses. However, only a few seconds later he has managed to haul himself up to a ledge behind a mirror, which even a healthy man would have trouble reaching. And so on, and so on...