Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles
Page 11 of 40: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

A must must see!

Author: LovefilmsALOT from United Kingdom
12 January 2006

Fantastic film!I saw it about 9 years ago and I can't stop watching it now. I thought that because you had so many famous actors like Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas etc that the film would be overwhelmed by the cast and divert away from the story. This is really isn't so. The script is rich and powerful and the actors have just intensified the storyline. There's not many effects in it which makes it even more intriguing compared to it's sister film "Queen Of The Damned."But if you're looking for a classic film, with fantastic gore and script worthy of the books, then I'd see this. There are many vampire flicks on the market,but this one has got to be the best vampire genre film I have ever seen. Vampire lovers?U gotta see this!!!

Scary

Author: JoshtheGiant from United States
31 December 2005

"Let me kiss it better."

I am not one who generally likes Vampire films in fact the only one before Interview With the Vampire was the original Dracula film with Bela Lugosi. And yet I just really loved Interview With the Vampire it was extremely well written as was the book and well directed and acted Kirsten Dunst in particular is amazing as Claudia the young Vampire. The plot goes generally like this. A Vampire named Louis is interviewed by a young reporter and he tells his life story a two hundred year long life story. His story starts in the late Seventeen Houndreds in Saint Louis Missouri. He is a depressed man who just lost his wife and child. Than he is bitten by Lestat a Vampire from Paris. Louis refuses to feed on humans and lives off rats and such. Lestat finds this hilarious and taunts him constantly. After moving to Louisiana, Louis can't help himself and attacks a young girl, but Lestat finds him and laughs. Louis runs in self loathing but Lestat finds him and brings him to the dying child. Lestat than makes the child a Vampire and their daughter named Claudia. She is even more bloodthirsty than Lestat and teaches Louis to love again as well to eat human blood. That is the plot that sends Interview With a Vampire into much more stuff and makes it wonderful.

It's always interesting to get inside a vampire's mind.

Author: Lee Eisenberg (lee.eisenberg.pdx@gmail.com) from Portland, Oregon, USA
2 December 2005

Throughout cinema history, vampires have always been the bad guys. So, it was interesting to hear everything from a vampire's point of view for once. Louis de Pointe du Lac (Brad Pitt) tells of how Lestat de Lioncourt (Tom Cruise) turned him into a creature of the night, how young Claudia (Kirsten Dunst) eventually joined their ranks, and how he overall experienced history.

I've never read Anne Rice's original novel, but the movie version of "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles" was certainly worth seeing. The three main stars do an worthwhile job with their roles, as do supporting players Stephen Rea, Antonio Banderas, and Christian Slater. Teenage girls will probably like the very presence of Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise, while teenage boys will probably like that one scene in the theater (you know what I mean).

amazing

Author: hai_haiemay_bare from United States
22 November 2005

this was a great movie, i really enjoyed watching it, and i'm not the kinda person who watches scary movies all the time, but i loved this one. i think it was an amazing vampire movie, as well as the plot and everything in it. It made me think of the Lost boys, because i loved that movie as well. I just really enjoyed this movie a lot, and if you haven't seen it yet, you should rent it and sit down and watch it, or even if it comes on TV. This movie made me think everything was actually happening, and that could actually happen, the actors were great. they played the role of who they were supposed to be very well. I loved Tom Cruise's character and Brad pits. Kristen Duntst did an awesome job as well. i think that was one of her first movies to hit big screen. so that was an awesome introducing of her, to be in a film that big and great.

interview with the vampire is amazing!

Author: little_xanadu from Australia
7 October 2005

this movie is amazing! i am awestruck by Anne Rice's work, unfortunately i searched the internet to find out about the second of the trilogy, and sadly found no information on it. this movie is the best i have seen. normally i am disappointed when a scary/horror movie has too much storyline and not enough of the fear factor, this lacked in fear but was so in depth! i felt Lestat's pity and pain as he watched a mortal suffer at the hands of his creator, i felt his hunger as he fed of rats not wanting to kill a human. i felt like i to was a vampire, before i saw the movie i thought it would be cool to be vampire, but i have been Lestat and felt his craving for life or death and realized what pain it would cause. i have never been so into a movie! i recommend this to everyone who enjoys the gore, blood and fear, it has the occasional shocks like someone moving suddenly with loud background music, but there are so many types of fear in this movie i cannot count them, but i enjoyed them all!

Loved it

Author: soulstrong from Baltimore, Maryland
12 September 2005

I'm not normally a fan of vampire movies but I found myself really loving this movie. The casting was extraordinary, the designs and elements were fantastic, and everything about this was great. Yes there were some incorrect errors and such, but all in all, it did not matter. This movie is a wonderful piece of artwork to all that worked on it. Its pure Anne Rice written all over it, and I'm happy that not too much was tampered with than for the book, I know a lot was, but to be it didn't matter much; I loved the acting, the casting, all of it. I'd definitely recommend this movie, if you want to see a great vampire movie; this will do the trick.

Mesmerizing!

Author: pixiekitten from United States
16 July 2005

What can I say? This was an amazing movie. A magical story, the creator has a wonderful imagination with vampires: how you become a vampire, whether vampires hate or love being what they are...Kirsten Dunst was incredible. Playing Claudia, a child vampire, she was a great actor...she must have been ten years old. A lot of the dialog was the same as in the book, which I like; I hate it when the book is completely different from the movie. Actually, some of it was different: in the book, the reporter was just a boy, probably nineteen, but in the movie...probably thirty. But that's all right. The fact is, the story was completely impressive. All in all, I loved it.

Lestat is so hot!!!

Author: kaylee_smith75 from Canada
12 July 2005

I think Tom Cruise played Lestat so good i almost fell off the couch when he did his parts in the movie. Iterview with the Vampire!!, I wish that I could of been the kid vampire and be able to think what it feels like to be a vampire. Lestat is such an awesome person it must of been cool to act in a movie like that. I've always wanted to become a vampire to be able to fly around at night, sleep in coffins and to stalk the night. Just to do whatever you want almost anytime and anywhere,and if this isn't enough information I have just no idea what else I could tell you. Except that I'm extremely obsessed with vampire movies and I know every character in them and where they live.

Great

Author: jmfrjunk from United States
10 July 2005

Interview with the Vampire is the best movie in the world. I think I know every word of it. I love the book also because it goes into more detail than the movie. If you read this Ann Rice I want to let you know keep it up with the vampire stories I love them, and if you decide to make another book into a movie I would love to play a part. I think I would be very good at it. I loved the movie so much I did a critical analysis on it when I was in high school. I never want the story to end. Everybody thinks I am weird because I like vampire stories, but they are just so interesting. It is exciting to believe for a little bit that vampires are real.

Interview with the vampire is one of the best movies I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: karenvdb9 from Belgium
22 June 2005

Interview with the vampire is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Because you've almost all kinds of feelings: love, hate, hope, sadness, happiness, fear, ... The special effects were wonderful and also the story was very good. The music could really make you happy, sad, ...... Just like the character was feeling. That's amazing. All that blood and violence made it scary, all that love and sadness (and also pain) made the movie dramatic, romantic, ... In a lot of movies you can't have all those aspects/feelings. I hope that I can find it somewhere and can buy it. Cuz' I like to see it again. I've seen it a couple of times before and it remains a very good movie.