A psychiatrist (Gere) has an affair with his patient's sister (Basinger) who is married to a Greek mobster (Roberts). The mobster is a tyrant over his wife. The psychiatrist wants her to ... See full summary »
Eddie, a Chicago cop on the edge, goes undercover as hitman. A man and a mysterious woman want him to kill a merciless New Orleans criminal kingpin. The sting goes sour and Eddie's partner is killed. All Eddie wants now is revenge.
Keen young Raymond Avila joins the Internal Affairs Department of the Los Angeles police. He and partner Amy Wallace are soon looking closely at the activities of cop Dennis Peck whose ... See full summary »
Carly Norris is a book editor living in New York City who moves into the Sliver apartment building. In the apartment building, Carly meets two of her new neighbors, author Jack Lansford who... See full summary »
Upon taking a new job, young lawyer Rick Hayes is assigned to the clemency case of Cindy Liggett, a woman convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to death. As Hayes investigates the ... See full summary »
After a young woman is attacked in the elevator she meets her neighbours (two brothers) for the first time. One of the brothers has a secret, the other has a crush on her. Her analyst tries... See full summary »
The unusual clock is a replica of a "Congreve" clock. It is based on a design by the English engineer, William Congreve. See more »
After the little girl gives Vincent something to eat she gets in her grandfather's truck and only partially closes the door. As the truck pulls out in the next shot the door is properly shut. See more »
This is a good movie. Although I must admit sometimes it's a bit slow. I've seen it at least twice, and both times it mediated a special feeling that moved me.
The five main reasons why I liked this movie, are (not listed in any particular order):
1. Richard Gere - He doesn't give a great performance, but hey ! It's Richard Gere, and I really like him.
2. Sharon Stone - On the other hand gives a great performance. I've never seen her this good.
3. James Newton Howards fantastic score. The music over the final scenes and the ending credits is so beautiful and emotional, that it can make me cry everytime that I listen to it. The score enhances and puts an emphasis on the developments in the movie in an extraordinary way.
4. The script - Although it's not that tight, it's still well written, with likeable characters and a good message.
5. The feeling that this movie mediates, through the above mentioned reason, and lots more.
In conclusion: I recommend this film. It will probably not be the best movie you've ever seen, but well worth your time. And as I said, it has a good message.
4 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?