To Live (1994)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
- There is no nudity. There is a sexually suggestive song with accompanying acting by shadow puppets shown more than once.
Violence & Gore
- A man is shown being shot in the distance during a war scene. He dies in the arms of his friends. Many bloody dead bodies are shown in a battlefield scene. A woman hemorrhages during childbirth and blood is shown running down her leg and pooling on the floor. Several blood soaked rags are shown being thrown into a bucket. A child is shown pouring a bowl of noodles with chili sauce onto the head of another child, temporarily hurting his eyes. The bloodied, dead body of a child who had been crushed in an automobile accident is shown.
- The language of the film is Mandarin Chinese. The English subtitles contains words like "bastard", "son of a bitch", and "goddamn it". The word "shit" is used once.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is no alcohol or drug use.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scenes of the violent death of friends and family of the protagonists are intense. There is a very intense scene where an adult daughter slowly dies in the arms of her screaming mother while inexperienced medical students fail to stop her bleeding.