IMDb > Forrest Gump (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 151: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Forrest, Forrest Gump.. The greatest.

Author: matt722 from United Kingdom
6 September 2015

There is an unfortunate time when you watch this film, its not the film thats the problem its my highly evident fear of the next few films I watch just seeming so bad. For simply not being this. Its everything. Its a romantic-comedy-tragedy-life-story-historical-personal- uplifting-war story. Every time I watch it I go on an emotional journey with the characters that are quickly built up in the world around Forrest. There is not much more I can say about this film that will say how much i like it, apart from award it the accolade that is; My favourite film. Over time the film stands up, the performances seem to get better knowing how Hanks has gone on to be a great actor. His supporting cast do a great job of making the world of the film feel believable.

Heart Warming

Author: rickeypinkney from United States
18 October 2015

This movie was amazing. It reminds me of my rises and falls in my life and just seeing how resilient Forrest Gump became was really inspiring. He had so much to offer the world, even when no one saw his ability to contribute to society. He did everything from leading a football team to a championship, to being a war hero. Even through the tough times in high school to the frantic relationship with Jenny, Forrest still remained humble and resilient. Any anti-bullying campaign, in my opinion, should use Forrest Gump as a prime example. Maybe even go as far as showing the movie. The movie also shows what it truly means to keep a promise. The promises that Forrest made to his mother, Bubba, Jenny and Lieutenant Dan were all kept. His love, passion, drive and spiritual understanding were all unconditional. What an amazing movie

A beautiful story.I can see why it won 6 Oscars.

Author: sampj from Australia
1 June 2007

Forrest Gump is a heartwarming tale about a very different man who just wanted to fit in.Seeing his story throughout the movie made me think "wow,this guy was some guy".Forrest Gump was marvelously played by Tom Hanks who i'd only ever seen (well,heard his voice) in Toy Story.I thought it was funny that he was telling random people at the bus stop his life story.I'm glad that they didn't ignore him.Robert Zemecks directed this movie very well because it made perfect sense.I loved Forrest's confidence that he could do anything if he tried.It was such a lovely story,it made me cry,and i'm not that emotional when it comes to movies.The supporting cast was great as was the set design and the picture.Forrest Gump is fantastic and remember,life is like a box of chocolates because it's true,you don't ever know what you'll get.Thanks for that phrase Forrest.

Possibly the most overrated film in history.

Author: baruku
19 March 2001

Forrest Gump is a classic example of the sanctimonious garbage that people are willing to swallow simply because Tom Hanks is involved. If the film had a more a satiric perspective maybe I could appreciate it.

It begins appallingly and maniputively with a stereotypically Southern Sally Field and her idiot son 'FAUST' battling through tough times and meeting a whole lot of important people that real people like us will never ever meet. Elvis is one that is easily recalled. Through the remainder of the film we are supposed to endure one implausibility after another: Forrest meets the president, Forrest becomes a ping pong champion, Forrest becomes a Vietnam vet and Forrest discovers a cure for cancer! (well maybe that scene doesnt happen but i wouldnt be surprised if it was cut just prior to release). While people were going ga-ga at the way Forrest floats through life like a feather (a pathetic symbol that is ridiculously used in the film), i was seriously being sick.

The central performance of Hanks is one that is truly embarrassing he is stiff, lifeless and codescending. It seems as though Hanks' was studying children to breath life into Forrest, if this is so maybe he should put himself on their level rather than looking down at them as dribbling, pre pubescent morons. The remainder of the cast similarly sleepwalk through the one dimensional roles they are presented with, only Gary Sinise deserves to garner any praise here. The lines that spew forth from the characters' mouths were initially praised as incisive observations about our lives - WHAT!!! They are dopey, uninventive and quite frankly wrong. "life is like a box of chocolates- you never know what youre gonna get" - yes you do they are pictured on the back of the box.

I would rather have a vital organ removed than recommend this dross to anyone over the age of five!

Forrest Gump (1994) review

Author: kofi-62048 from Columbus, Ohio
17 June 2016

Forrest Gump (1994) is an awesome and breathtaking film directed by Robert Zemeckis. This is an exceptionally touching film with a great cast, excellent choice of music and a thoroughly pleasing narrative. Some of the dialogue in this film is now commonly quoted in everyday life which is a great achievement. It was a teeny bit long though, otherwise this film would have probably got a perfect scored.

Despite Forest Gump's low IQ, Gump leads a truly charmed life, with a ringside seat for numerous of the most notable events in the late 20th century. without trying hard just other might do, Forrest teaches Elvis Presley how to dance, becomes a football star, meets John F. Kennedy, serves with honor in Vietnam, meets Lyndon Johnson, speaks at an anti-war rally at the Washington Monument, hangs out with the Yippies, defeats the Chinese national team in table tennis, meets Richard Nixon, discovers the break-in at the Watergate, opens a profitable shrimping business, becomes an original investor in Apple Computers, and decides to run back and forth across the country for several years.

Meanwhile, as the remarkable parade of his life goes by, Forrest never forgets Jenny (Robin Wright Penn), the girl he loved as a boy, who makes her own journey through the turbulence of the 1960s and 1970s that is far more troubled than the path Forrest happens upon. Featured alongside Tom Hanks are Sally Field as Forrest's mother; Gary Sinise as his commanding officer in Vietnam; Mykelti Williamson as his ill-fated Army buddy who is familiar with every recipe that involves shrimp; and the special effects artists whose digital magic place Forrest during a remarkable array of historical events and people.

In fact, nothing is quite pursued to its logical conclusion, which makes the film more a triumph of style than content. Nevertheless this is certainly what it is. Gump is not so much a measure of its times, as a benign reflection upon them, nearly but not quite through the eyes of its lovable protagonist. The film goes through all the emotions but does not appeal on any of them long enough to trouble anyone.

Real Message

Author: Ron Sharma
30 May 2016

My friend suggested me to watch this movie. I didn't expect anything out of it, just wanted to pass some time. After the movie ended, I felt like I had never seen anything like this before.. It even made me write a review. Such a beautifully made movie, has got everything. Teaches you about the power of love and innocence. Sometimes we take our life as granted and all we think is we don't have anything. This movie tells you how to realize and work with all that you have, no matter how you are. Brilliant way of telling a story of a young boy Forrest and his life. Not only through the eye of Forrest, but a mother, a friend and general people. The way your innocence wins over anyone you come across is exceptional, and all you will leave behind is love and respect. Magnificent movie.

When do you start living the life, Just to Just Enjoy it?.

Author: Poco Zocko from United States
29 April 2016

Forrest Gump (1994)is a Movie I have alwas related to.Growing up as a young child surviving on my own. I Viewed but never let the treachery around me slow me down from the task at hand.

The Same is true with The (1994)Forrest Gump. Every Event He knew what was and he Lived his life Straight.

It is Wonderful seeing a Personality that continues to take on each plot and adventure that arises up infront of them. Life IS all 1 long improved.

When doors opens, you throw stones to see what the opportunities are. If it feels right , Enjoy and do it to the best of your ability. But to take yourself beyond that would be reasonably expected of you Life is like a Box of Chocolate..

If this movie were a box of chocolates, you'd know what you're getting... cinema gold.

Author: (seanspiering@gmail.com) from Toronto, Canada
15 October 2015

Since I first saw this film at the age of 8, Forrest Gump has always been my favourite film. As a child this film was magical and Forrest inspired me with his ability to run fast. The scene where he breaks from his leg braces is iconic and highlights how well the movie matches music to emotion. The Forrest Gump theme music by Alan Silvestri hits the mark and truly captures the beauty of a feather moving in the wind. The movie uses the theme of life being like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. What the audience gets is top tier cinema production on all levels. The director Robert Zemeckis delivers a visually stunning film that shows so much of the American Dream. The acting showcases Tom Hanks, Sally Field and Gary Sinise in their elements and they bring such life and dimension to the characters as we follow Forrest and his Mama across the decades. The movie tackles some of the hard topics with grace and surprising wit, all the while being respectful and quite informative of many historical moments without getting caught up wasting too much time on any one moment. The film to personally becomes one of understanding WHY exactly Forrest was able to be so successful. Luck? Funny script? Are we to believe its like the movie Being There where a man can succeed by the Mr magooing of his ignorance and naiveté. No. Forrest is successful because he is trusting. He puts his faith in others and in return friends help him. Sure a man of lesser intelligence can be swindled and taken advantage of but the story says that a man who works hard, trusts his fellow man and loves his mama and his god will succeed in America. The American Dream.

Forrest Gump

Author: Shelby Praytor from United States
12 October 2015

The movie Forrest Gump is about a boy who suffers from mental retardation. He also suffers with scoliosis and has to wear knee braces. The movie tells a story about his life and his accomplishments. He suffers bullying from the people in town and the kids in school. He grows up and proves a lot of people wrong. The story takes place in a small town called Greensboro, Alabama. Tom Hanks portrays the character Forrest Gump. This movie won eight Oscars, one of them being Best Actor in Leading Role. Tom Hanks won the award in 1995. He did a very good job of showing Forrest Gump without mocking his disability. We meet Forrest's character at bus stop talking to people on the bench about his life accomplishments. After that, the story starts with Forrest' first day on the bus. This is when Forrest first experiences the other kids bullying. Until he meets young Jenny, who lets him sit beside her on the bus. Young Jenny is played by Hanna Hall. Jenny becomes his best friend and doesn't look at his disability as a difference. Forrest and Jenny grow up together and spend all their time together. Jenny has an abusive and drunk father. Older Jenny is played by Robin Wright. Forrest gets many opportunities, he is asked to play football in college. You also see many history events and how innocent Forrest's eyes are to the world. The movie is told in the 1970s, a lot of movements happened in the seventies. The movie shows both Forrest's experiences and Jenny's life, vastly different. Jenny went through the hippie movement, with drugs and peace. Overall the film Forrest Gump is a great movie. It's definitely a movie you could re watch and still enjoy it as much as the first time.

and no, i don't want one of you g-d chocolates

Author: gwendolynmcmahon from United States
24 April 2006

how could the academy be so out of touch with the American public that they believe this vile, uninspired piece of drivel, created solely to appeal to the lowest common denominators stupid younger brother, was worthy of not just one, but six Oscars? these were not insignificant awards that this film took home either. how does best director, best actor, best editor, best screenplay, and, oh, i don't know, best picture!!!! are you kidding me? what, the student films from miss o'malley's sixth grade class weren't allowed to contend? of course, they would have been too high-brow for the viewers who are allowed to speak for the masses.