IMDb > "End of Summer" (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"End of Summer" More at IMDbPro »"Dôkyûsei" (original title)

Steamy yet well done

Author: DreamSng
30 January 1999

This film exists indefinitely as my favorite anime (japanamation, whatever) title. Yes, there are some steamy and explicit sex scenes and a strong tone of sexuality, yet that same content actually has an impact on the characters' lives. Every token of admiration, whether sincere or not, and of all shapes and sizes, have an effect on the plot beyond the gratuity found in most similar titles.

Characters develop, learning from their own actions and mistakes. Even the circumstances, which seem contrived and at times questionable, are situations that feasably can and do exist. I saw this film not as an exploitation of college-age sexuality, but an exploration of where the choices may take a person tempered with several very erotic and nearly gratuitous bedroom scenes. It just worked very well.

Author: Nites from Texas, U.S.A
26 March 1999

This is quite the film,and reaches you very much inside. I found the Voice Actors/Actresses again to impress me with the execution and the heart of their performances. Every scene is like a painting,it's so beautiful you must see this for yourself . All in all,a deep and harrowing tale that's highly recommended.