IMDb > Double Cross (1994) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Double Cross (V) More at IMDbPro »

What Would I Have Done?

Author: Arnold-7 from Tokyo, Japan
17 September 1999

I enjoyed this movie more than I expected. Patrick Bergin played his pivotal role well, moving from unsuspecting victim to misguided avenger. Jennifer Tilly as his faithful partner-to-be was as delightful as ever. Kelly Preston brought a fine mix of sexual tension and intrigue. The double cross was well executed. It left me wondering what I would have done if a beautiful temptress asked me lie about an "accident".

It's worth a view because..........

Author: da_cheetah71 from Miami, Florida
13 November 2000

This film does not hold up at all, but it's worth a view because of Kelly Preston. The story meanders into predictability, lacks any sort of suspense, and without having a standout performer it does not keep you interested long. I mean, the whole young woman with rich older man scenario is overplayed; the ruthless but sensitive outsider is thoughtless; but Kelly Preston gives you a rare performance.

If your interested in seeing Kelly stripped down a bit, this might be one of the best chances you get. She has a career of avoiding nude scenes, and while she is flaming hot in this picture, she melts on screen in 3 scenes here (with the help of a luscious body double). No real nudity, again a body double's backside (though you are convinced it's Kelly's), but two scenes where Kelly is scantily clothed, and she pulls of very erotic acting. Want to see her in lingerie, rent this.

As for the film, the ending actually is wicked. It has an odd, though predictable, twist, and I think its well shot too. Yes people die and there's lots of deceit, but besides the hot-bod Preston, the film has enough lure to warrant 6 out of 10 stars.