IMDb > Camp Nowhere (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Camp Nowhere

Camp Nowhere More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Something you wish you would have done as a teen!

Author: Tim from Portland, OR
19 August 2003

I thoroughly enjoyed Camp Nowhere! It's a great movie to just sit back and relax to, while vicariously living out on screen the things you wish you could have done as a teen. This movie is better than Meatballs, or other "summer camp" movies, as it doesn't feel the need to resort to sexual content to be funny.

A Masterpiece in Family Cinema

Author: superboy478 from U.S.A.
25 February 2002

This movie is great! I saw it when it came out in 1994 and I still rent it on video.

The movie is about a group of young kids who are fed up with the camps their parents are making them go to. Trish is being sent off to theater camp, Gaby is being sent to a camp for fat people, Zach is being sent to military school, and Mudd is being sent to computer camp. When walking home from school one day, Mud and the others come up with a plan to create a camp of their own. But the only problem is that they have no adult to supervise them. So they turn to Dennis Van Welker played by Christopher Lloyd. He agrees to stay with them for the summer as long as they pay him. Everything is all set except for when the word gets around school about their plan. So now, they have to take anyone who wants to come. While at the camp, they have a ton of fun, but the town sheriff is on their case and begins to get suspicious about them. The big surprise comes at the end when they discover their parents are expecting parents day. So now they are all together in putting together a precise parents day without screwing up.

I think that this movie is a masterpiece in family cinema. It has a good script, good actors, and good fun!! It's suitable for ages 8 and up. Rent the movie on VHS. Hopefully there will be a DVD available for it soon. 4 stars for Camp Nowhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic Kids Movie

Author: TimCalhoun from Kansas
21 June 2003

This movie was great when I first saw it as a child years ago, it was great when I saw it a few days ago, and it will always be great. as a child the movie embodied my hopes and dreams of a camp away from parents where I was in control. The acting from young stars was surprisingly good. The movie is simply most kids' dream which makes it a childhood classic.

Good movie for kids

Author: El Cubico from Austria
19 June 2003

Involuntarily I have watched this one on TV. It was good, had an okay storyline (even though pretty unrealistic... but that applies to all movies of this kind), and most importantly it didn't have exaggerated cheap and lame humour a lá Police Academy or similar. This one might even entertain grown ups. I'd say this movie was one of the better kid's flicks (not saying that Police Academy is one, but honestly, it's a big piece of crap). However I can't judge the original version since I've seen the German dubbed version which was pretty ok. I think it's underrated here at IMdB. I give it a kids/comedy rating of 7/10 (please note that this is not a generic movie rating. imo you cannot judge all kinds of movies the same).

its a cool family movie

Author: tarzapam from Australia
27 March 2002

i grew up in my pre-pubescnet years watching this movie and loving andrew keegan, its one of the best kids escapism movies around and i'd recommend it for other kids too. I mean who didn't want to be one of those kids at a camp with no adults and a stash of money.Good fun

Fun Summer Flick

Author: HappilySaturnine from United States
9 May 2005

This movie is no masterpiece, but I consider it fun and light entertainment. It's one of my favorites from childhood which gives it a special sense of sentimental value for me, but I think it can be enjoyed by a newcomer just as well. The cast is lively and fun with many familiar faces. It's a great movie to watch during the summer because it so perfectly portrays the carefree and light-hearted feeling of the season. Obviously it's far from winning an Academy Award but not every movie is made to display some deep, brilliant idea. Many people have commented that it is the worst movie they've seen; I suggest they watch Grease 2. All in all, Camp Nowhere is a fun flick.

Another wouldn't it be neat movie.

Author: Havan_IronOak from NYC/FL
24 May 2003

This is another of those films made about and starring kids where adults are really rewriting history in a fantasy way.

Wouldn't it be neat if we had taken the money that mom and dad spent on camp and conned them into sending us to an unsupervised camp run by kids?

Well, the story is enjoyable enough, the parents are simple (stupid) enough and the kids all get something they really wanted (without recognizing it beforehand)

Not a great movie but an ok time. I'd be surprised if the critical reviews of this film don't mostly come from kids (or soon to be ex kids) who think its dumb. But that silliness is part of what makes this light comedy enjoyable.

Great movie with good values

Author: qutj from United States
21 June 2005

A wonderful funny movie. It is a good movie with good values. I have loved it since I saw it when it first came out. I have the DVD now and it still continues to make me smile and laugh as I watch it. I wanted to be at the camp with the kids. I watch it now and wish I could just get away and have a camp like that. The kids made there own camp and had, Christopher Lloyd, be there camp representative for multiple camps. Andrew Keagan is in it and when I was younger I thought he was the hottest guy alive so I loved to watch and re-watch the movie. The kids all get in trouble in the end for deceiving their parents and Lloyd gets his debt which has the cops looking for him paid off in a sweet way.

'The Sting' for Summer Camp.

Author: roisin17 from Glasgow, Scotland
31 October 2004

In true Paul Newman/Robert Redford fashion, this film screams fun. With a unique cast, led by the ever eccentric Christopher Lloyd, a former drama teacher leads a team of kids to a summer camp free of work, parents or any authoritative counselors. He is encouraged by four bright but disgruntled youngsters who dread the thought of spending summers being trained to live up up to their parents expectations: fat camp, acting camp, military school and computer camp. But the shenanigans do not come into classic play until the kids' parents insist on visiting them at their "educational" camp. This joins ' The Goonies' and 'Willow' and one of the many films that my own kids will grow up watching...but I think if you are watching this film...like me, you are far too much of a child yourself to be thinking about actually having children!

this movie is so awesome!

Author: FameLive4ever from someone from somewhere
9 April 2000

I saw this movie the day it came out on video 5 years ago, i was 10 or 11. Of course, being a kid, I loved it. Any kid could love this movie. I then rented again 5 years later, 15 year old. I love it still!! How can you NOT love this movie?? It's full of light-hearted comedy and a fantasy every kid has but never enough nerve to fufill. "Camp Nowhere" is about 4 kids being forced to go to camp, Zach, the troublemaker, has gone to military camp since birth probably. Trish is forced to go to acting camp, Gabby is forced to go to fat camp(even though she is not fat at all), and finally Mud has to go to computer camp. They seek help from the eccentric former drama teacher Dennis(Christopher Lloyd) and they pull off an alternative camp where they can be free all summer. The word gets out and they have no choice but to bring along 30 other kids. But after weeks of a funfilled summer, it backfires and the parents are persistent about visiting. So they have 2 days to pull of the greatest scam of all time. Fun for the whole family. Starring: Christopher Lloyd of the Back to the Future movies, Jonathan Jackson of "General Hospital", Andrew Keegan of "10 Things I hate About you" and Wendy Makkena of "sister act". I give Camp Nowhere 10 stars!!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]