IMDb > Baby's Day Out (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Baby's Day Out

Baby's Day Out More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

An extra silly story but the laughs are priceless.

Author: butter-3
5 February 2001

It is soooo stupid but you can't help but laugh. What I would love to know is where did Joe get that run. These three guys were outwitted by a crawling, drool machine and it made my daughter(who is eight) and myself laugh until we cried. We need more of these hearty laughter movies. Just clean, wholesome movies.

It was awesome

Author: Datha from Managua, Nicaragua
30 October 1999

The first time I watched this movie I laughed so hard my side hurt. It was a really well done movie. I think that children and some grown-ups will really like the film. Of course after you have seen this movie a couple times the stuff won't seem as funny anymore, but this happens in any movie.

Hilarious movie full of slap-stick comedy!

Author: rra-2 from Riverside, CA
13 February 1999

If you like The Three Stooges and Laurel & Hardy, you'll love this one! The comic antics of the three "villains" left me in tears!

A must see movie for all the family.

Author: Keith A. Young (amasterblaster) from USA
3 June 2000

I laughed all the way through the movie. If you have seen Home Alone and enjoyed it, this is a must see movie for the entire family. The young and old will enjoy this movie. You just want to keep watching to see what the baby will get into next. Will the kidnappers survive?

This film kind of reminds me of The Stooges

Author: ROCKGOD from N.E PA
18 April 1999

The Three Stooges never took the punishment this kid dishes out. The first time I saw this movie, I was at a drive-in with some friends and we were all sitting on the hood of my car. As Baby Bink kept getting the better of the kidnappers I actually laughed so hard I fell off the car, which prompted my friends to laugh even harder. (So I too was a victim of Baby Bink). This is a great family film, even with all the groin jokes (i.e. baby kicks Joe Mantagna in groin, Joe's groin gets set on fire in a scene that makes me sure my son will not touch a lighter until he's 35). Even if you can't suspend belief that a baby could do all the things this kid does, any film with Joe Pantiliano is worth seeing. Parents let the kids watch it, just pray they don't try some of these things on you.

A cross between Baby Herman and Ow! My Balls!

Author: the_frog_princess
30 June 2011

This is how I described this movie to my kids when I suggested they might like to see it, Baby Herman being something they saw in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and "Ow! My Balls!" being a fictional TV show in the movie "Idiocracy" which described a future run by complete idiots whose greatest form of entertainment is watching someone get his groin smashed again and again. The description appealed to them, and they ended up loving the movie.

It's one of those movies that you either love or hate, not because of the quality of production or acting or script, but because you either like this kind of humor or you don't. More importantly, though, this is a nostalgia movie. It is NOT a baby version of Home Alone, but has it's roots back in the days of black and white cartoons, and people who didn't grow up watching the catch-the-baby-in-peril episodes of Tom and Jerry or Popeye cartoons are not as likely to enjoy this movie, which doesn't really have much more of a plot.

However, if you DID love those old cartoons and don't mind the addition of multiple blows to the groin for the bad guys, this is a VERY well done live action version of that old art form, with a baby cute enough to inspire the same kind of "Aaaaaw!" reaction as produced by footage of fluffy kittens playing.

A tribute to the slapstick!

Author: anchoreddown from United States
28 March 2010

It's John Hughes at his best. One of the most original scripts since Home Alone. Of course it's Chicago, but from the eyes of the smallest visitor.

Baby Bink is set to become a star ready to have his picture taken. Three men on a mission to kidnap the baby for money goes haywire when they let their guard down for a single moment.

The rest of the movie actually does play out a bit like Home Alone with the slapstick moments of the bad guys falling into pits, making a gorilla angry, falling into a barrel of cement and plenty of head whacks.

On the home front, Baby Bink's mother, (Laura Flynn Boyle) is devastated and nearly drained of the events of loosing her baby.

Great comedy for someone who really needs a laugh and would be more than a pleaser to the kids.

Watch for cameos from Alfred Molina, Eddie Bracken and janitor Scrubs star, Neil Flynn.

Delightfully Clichéd

Author: munkyboywndr from Denver, Colorado
25 December 2009

I'll begin the review by saying first that yes, this movie does bear many classic cliché moments, terms, and situations. Yes, there are a considerable amount of crotch-shots, of references to diapers and to what lies within, and oh, the slapstick. Now, let me rebut myself.

Where all the other 'babies versus adults' movies fall short, "Baby's Day Out" succeeds. Perhaps it's the little things that make this film work: the minute shots in the scenes used to portray the individual characters' reactions to things that keep them individualized, the equality of slapstick that is issued to each of the antagonists, and the indecisiveness that both of the underling antagonists display with each progressive move they make. Or perhaps it's that damned catchy music playing the entire time. Or maybe it's the ending, hinting "Well, we could really ruin this movie by making a sequel, but we won't stoop that low." Whatever it is about this movie, I love it. I grew up watching this on occasion, and I guess that brings me to develop a nostalgia for seeing that baby with perhaps the stupidest nickname I've ever heard for anything narrowly avoid the humorous attempts at his recapture and then giggle about it.

Maybe there are a few crotchshot jokes, but the ways in which the slapstick is delivered fits well with the tone of the story. You should totally check this movie out, you guys.

A fun-filled family movie for one of those lazy afternoons!

Author: Avinash Patalay from Middle Earth
17 November 2009

I watched this movie when it was first released sometime around 1994 when the "Home Alone" series kind of stuff was the in-thing. I had a chance to watch it again nearly after 15-years on telly last Sunday and I made it a point to make my little one watch it as well. And boy even today - it still has its moments as I could see my little one was literally hooked on to it.

To be fair this movie is "Home Alone" pushed to its limits and the "pity" factor raised to an exponential level. Definitely there are too many cinematic liberties but the way the story navigates makes you push them all under the carpet.

The entire team deserves a special mention when it comes to capturing the right emotions of the Baby (I know how daunting it can get!). And I never knew that Baby Bink was enacted by twins - golly! Adequate support is lent by the other actors and special mention to Joe Mantegna & Joe Pantoliano (Memento).

Back then, it did have enough potential to spin out a few sequels and churn money from the franchise - I wonder why didn't that happen.

Verdict:: A few decades later "Baby's Day Out" will still retain its charm as it is today!

a confusing time for my dog "Boo",but I think he liked it.....

Author: ianlouisiana from United Kingdom
11 November 2009

I settled down with my labrador "Boo" the other night to watch this on television.As there are a large number of references to a baby called "Boo" he became more than usually interested.Now he is not particularly bright even by labrador standards but he does recognise his own name (well,he is 11) and he spent a fair proportion of the film barking in a puzzled manner at the screen.Whenever I laughed,"Boo" barked some more,which made for a noisy 100 minutes or so because I laughed a lot (simple soul that I am) at "Baby's Day Out". We don't like the Farrelly brothers or Woody Allen in his "intellectual" mode,but the late John Hughes has nailed it for us time and again since he ("Boo",that is) was a puppy. Basically a trio of hapless crooks kidnap a baby for ransom - then live to rue the day.No prizes for originality then,but it's seamlessly played, particularly by Mantegna and his cohorts who display all the skills of practiced farceurs.Good physical comedy combined with a smart script adds up to a very funny and worthwhile piece of entertainment that "Boo" and I can recommend to anyone who doesn't think family comedy is not sophisticated enough for them.

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]