IMDb > Baby's Day Out (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Baby's Day Out

Baby's Day Out More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Did we watch the same movie people?

Author: bigguns
24 September 2002

I think this is a wonderful family movie. It doesnt take itself seriously at all. The score is a pretty big cue IMHO.

So it is not Shakespeare? What did you expect? If you want light entertainment with plenty of laughs for all the family then you cannot go past this movie. Granted it is not as good as Home Alone, but it is still most enjoyable.

Decent movie

Author: jvperret from Louisana
30 March 2002

This movie was not that bad. My kids got it, watched it a few times and thought it was the funniest thing ever. I watched it with them, and it wasn't bad at all. Some of the effects are dopey, but it is extremely funny and kids will love it.

Superb Movie!!..

Author: powerbrain from Kuwait
14 January 2007

Baby's Day Out is hilarious movie. I saw it once and I felt like watching it again and again. I don't understand that why such a good movie is rated very low on IMDb? I believe that this movie should at least get 7.0 or more out of 10.

If any of you have missed this movie by any chance, just watch it. Its worth to spend few bucks and own a DVD.

I believe this movie is for audience who is between 6 - 60 years old.

I believe this movie is for audience who is between 6 - 60 years old.

If you like the comedies of Bugs Bunny, you're like this one

Author: parhat from Bangkok, Thailand
6 April 2005

Since my favorite cartoon is Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd and all the slapstick comedy that go with it you will like this movie. For those who wished those antics be done in a live action movie, with the help of CGI, this would be one of the first movie to explore this idea.

While the movie offers nothing new, it does offer a moment when you were watching those cartoon in the movie and wondered what it would look like if real people are playing them along with impossible gigs and CGI. For me, it is certainly better than Spaceballs.

Of course, not everyone will like this film. And my girlfriend dumped me because of my poor taste in entertainment, at least that is one of the many reasons.

For those who want to enjoy this movie, just stop thinking logically for once that it cannot be done by a baby to crawl through a towering construction sites and everything like that. Forget that, I know it can't be done. The point of the movie is to enjoy the comedy only on the slapstick comedy and funny situation. The Gorilla in the Cage with the baby, the burning and stomping of fire on the crotch, the terrible disguise of the photographers, the crooks who argue with each other and others are truly classic slapstick.

So don't take your friends out to see this (they will kill you) or your girlfriend who will immediately dump you for it. Just enjoy the movie on its own merit - at your own private room - even though this movie is meant to be a family show,not everyone likes cartoons or Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello or early Bob Hope Movie, Jerry Lewis comedies or Mr. Ed. Well I do! Great job - from a minority.

The title pretty much says it all!

Author: Bob Peterson from Kettering, Ohio, U.S.A.
18 February 2005

This is an older movie. I really liked the plot lines. It had Lara Flynn Boyle who is one of my favorite actresses but you don't really see her character that much. This movie is about a baby that gets kidnapped by 3 bumbling kidnappers that have no clue whatsoever! I showed this to my two boys that are 6 and 9. They seemed to like it. Especially my younger son. He was laughing hysterically throughout the movie! The kidnappers of course want a huge sum of money which they don't end up getting because the baby ends up escaping from them! I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone! I also liked Cynthia Nixon's character in this movie. She did a wonderful job!

Easily one of the best films ever made!

Author: Anupam K Sinha from India
16 February 2004

The movie is a silent-era classic. Even with the sound muted, the movie works and then with the sound on it just rocks! Funny Nursery Rhymes, nice animals and a good blend of near death experiences for the crooks makes the movie funny. It is a cartoon movie made with people. I would like to see more of such movies being made. Honestly!

Taken in the right context a very funny movie

Author: Robert W. Anderson (bayareabob@mac.com) from United States
5 May 2001

Unlike a number of the others who have written reviews I really enjoyed this film. I'm not sure everyone realized that they should not take this film seriously. This a farce, a living cartoon. Joe Montegna turned a very good comedic performance. It's good for a lot of laughs

An extra silly story but the laughs are priceless.

Author: butter-3
5 February 2001

It is soooo stupid but you can't help but laugh. What I would love to know is where did Joe get that run. These three guys were outwitted by a crawling, drool machine and it made my daughter(who is eight) and myself laugh until we cried. We need more of these hearty laughter movies. Just clean, wholesome movies.

Hilarious movie full of slap-stick comedy!

Author: rra-2 from Riverside, CA
13 February 1999

If you like The Three Stooges and Laurel & Hardy, you'll love this one! The comic antics of the three "villains" left me in tears!

If you ever need a information out of a terrorist...

Author: iroquoisjoe from United States
14 March 2012

...make them watch this movie.

I was seriously praying for it all to end long before end credits scrolled (...my end or the movie's end. I wasn't choosy at that point).

I laughed once. It was a moment of weakness. I'll tell you exactly when it came. After the excruciatingly unfunny (and unnecessarily long) baby-burning-man's-crotch scene there was the actual moment when the fire had to be put out and watching one of the kidnappers vigorously stomp on Joe Mantegna's groin in an enthusiastic attempt to extinguish the flames actually made me chuckle out loud. The happiness was short lived.

Eventually, I was fantasizing about someone kicking me vigorously in the gonads to distract me from the rest of the movie. It was seriously that bad.

The 'who cares' implausibilities about what was happening to the baby in question was only separated by the melancholy acting of the 'mother' and 'nanny'. I don't know which was worse.

Ultimately...torrent it (don't ever pay for this) and keep it on hand in case you have to go all Jack Bauer on your neighborhood Al Qaeda suspect. Otherwise, keep it from your eyes. It will hurt.

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]