IMDb > Baby's Day Out (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Baby's Day Out

Baby's Day Out More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

A must watch for everyone. Great comedy for all the ages.

Author: dwivedi_ab from United States
14 November 2006

Its simply one of the best movies I have watched. Superbly created movie about a child who tackle 3 bad guys(with god always being on his side) who tried to kidnap him. Very cute kid, funniest scenes and non-stop comedy make this one as great movie. Its difficult to believe that how a child can be made to act like the way one did in this movie. The things simply happens with him. He no where seems to be working in a movie. And this is a great thing to watch.

In the last child is shown watching a book called "Baby's trip to China". I am eagerly waiting for any such sequel of the movie.

Good work and a must watch.

I Love This Movie- It is hilarious!! Yes Laughter Is Still the Best Medicine!

Author: Gloryous from United States
5 November 2006

I love the premise of this movie. It looks like just a goofy movie with kidnappers of a baby. But it is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I laugh so hard each and every time I see it. The kidnappers, are so inept, and make so many mistakes and this baby gets away with all kinds of things. The baby is sweet, cute, and always one step ahead of the kidnappers. Three men who cannot quite do anything right, their expressions are classic as this little baby escapes their traps, and leads them on a long, and hilarious trail around the city as baby crawls around the town. The fun is watching the kidnappers getting hurt, mangled, whipped by zoo animals, and falling into a cement barrel, still the baby never gets hurt. It is so funny, it is a happy film, and makes my day every time I see it. Whoever wrote this film should get a medal. It will keep you laughing from the minute it starts to the end. I recommend this movie to families, and anyone else who like to laugh, because you will be laughing through to the very end. And still want to see it again and again. Great film!

Its better than the stupid rating at least

Author: mockay from United States
24 July 2006

The movie appeared to be quite popular when it released and compares nicely to the Home Alone series. For the most part of this movie, the concept actually does work. The baby is just an ingrediant of the underlying plot and concept but the villains really make the movie worth watching. I can't really recall if the plot was so very predictable or not but it have some tense moments despite many many flaws.Sure you've probably seen this 'baby' theme is pretty much every cartoon since Tom and Jerry but this is the only movie that implements something similar, but should certainly not be confused as exactly the same. Whatever the critics may barf, this is one movie you would enjoy with your family.

Just a really nice, enjoyable family movie

Author: themovieman3000 from UK
15 January 2006

Baby's day out is one of my favourite family films and very funny too and a well cast Joe Mantegna delivers. You could say the film is in the tradition of home alone - hint: it is actually a movie from the creator of home alone. So home alone fans, this is exactly what you want. Why only a 4.5/10? It really is that good cause if you don't think that its good you've got some serious problem. Anyway, as I liked this movie so much, i really wished there would be a sequel, you know - baby's day out to China. You think that will happen after you see the kid at the end with the China book. Shame it never happened. No reason though why it can't. So what's it about if you still have failed to notice this gem of a movie? Well, basically this baby is kidnapped by some crooks who blackmail this rich family for loads of money in return of the kid. He picks up this story that the crooks have and decides to do everything in the book. The crooks try to get him back, but to not much avail. You must watch this film - buy it on DVD now, i cannot recommend enough no matter what age you are.

An hilarious comedy.

Author: husnain ali from London, England
18 October 2005

If you liked films such as Home Alone then this movie will suit you. This film is about a little baby(Bink)who gets kidnapped by kidnappers (Norby,Eddie and Veeko). But the baby is just to clever for them and causes more trouble than the kidnappers thought.

Unfortunately baby Bink escapes and now the three crooks are trying to get the baby back in order to get their money.Baby Bink has heard a book by his mother about kidnappers and he does whatever the hero does in the book and the kidnappers get all the punishment that the kidnappers get in his cartoon book.This movie is one of the best movie I have ever seen because it is an hilarious comedy.

One Baby. Three Bumbling Crooks. Home Alone Meets Three Men and A Baby!

Author: ( from U.S.A
27 November 2002

Meet Baby Bink Cotwell. He lives with his adoring parents, Bennington and Laraine, in a big house. His most favorite book in the whole world was "Baby's Day Out", which he calls his "Boo-Boo Book", because the story is about a baby named Baby Boo and the story is about Baby Boo and his nanny going into town, ride a bus, visit a department store, then the zoo, and so on.

Baby Bink was getting his picture taken today and instead of hiring Old Willie, their normal photographer, they decided to try a different place. But right then, three bumbling thugs, Eddie, Norby and Veeko, tie up the photographers and take their places, for they knew Baby Bink belonged to a rich family and they planned to kidnap him and ransom him for an insane amount of money. They arrive at the house and pull off the crime with ease, then they take him to their hideout. They took along his book and Norby, illiterate, attempts to read it to him but it ends up putting him to sleep, so Bink crawled out the window and up on the roof. Eddie, Veeko and Norby soon discover he's missing and go out after him. Eddie falls off the roof in the process.

Laraine and Bennington spare no expense to have their son found. The FBI is on the case; Bink get's on board a bus, like the one in his book, then he enters a big department store while the crooks look over the bus. Next, Bink goes to the zoo. The crooks find him in the monkey house and run afoul of a grumpy mother gorilla. Finally, they chase him to a construction site. Norby falls in a vat of concrete, Veeko lands in the waste dispenser, and Eddie, suffering many mishaps, if left hanging on a crane. Finally, Bink goes to the Old Soldiers' Home where his family finds him! The police catch the crooks when they go to the hideout because Bink points out his book is there. So our story has a happy ending.

A pretty funny movie. It's written by John Hughes who brought us such memorable comedies as Home Alone and Uncle Buck. Joe Mantegna is Eddie, Lara Flynn Boyle is Laraine, Joe Pantoliano is Norby, Brian Haley is Veeko, Cynthia Nixon (who recently had a baby of her own) is Nanny Gilbertine, and Eddie Bracken (who sadly just died) has a cameo. Anyway, this was a good movie. There probably should've been a sequel like the ending suggests: Bink pulls out his new favorite book: Baby's Trip to China. Oh well. Anyway, I recommend Baby's Day Out. A movie to watch and be thankful on Thanksgiving this year.

Drink your bottle of milk and enjoy this predictable film.

Author: Jason C. Atwood from Suffolk, Virginia
13 January 1999

If you remember that old TOM & JERRY cartoon about a baby who crawls out of home and onto the skyscraper, then chances are you know what to expect in BABY'S DAY OUT. After all, somebody finally had a way to translate a familiar and risky situation to the big screen, which is fine and dandy, tried and true. However, it duplicates itself as a hybrid of HOME ALONE all the way, as we've gotten used to booby traps, pitfalls, and other obstacles before. For a comedy, the cartoonish acting fits well for a movie that makes complete idiots suck on a patsy. The tiny toddler provides us a good time with his sense of wit and bravery in outsmarting the crooks and on his long journey back home. Not as bad as some people believed, but a lot of what's going on here is way too predictable. It's amazing why this one bombed the box office!

Author: TheEtherWalk from Canada
26 November 2002

This movie is incredibly underrated. It has some of the funniest scenes I have ever seen. The park roshambo comes to mind. "THAT'S how you put out camp fires!" I had never laughed so hard in my life (until i saw Austin Powers 2)! Don't take it too seriously and just enjoy it, people. 7/10

Popeye and Swee'pea Did it First

Author: John Panagopoulos ( from Malden, MA
26 June 2012

I can't add too much to this wildly far-fetched and unbelievable but fundamentally watchable take on "Little Tyke Foils his Kidnappers" except to comment on the initial inspiration to "Baby's Day Out" (hereafter BDO). Lots of people must think that BDO is copying Baby Herman from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" or a couple of Tom and Jerry shorts where the cat and mouse become allies by necessity and strive to protect a constantly wandering baby from disaster. Well, even before that, we have a couple of '50s and '60s Popeye cartoons with the same premise. Taking a break from gobbling spinach and pummeling Bluto, Popeye (usually at Olive's insistence) reluctantly agrees to baby-sit Swee'pea. Unfortunately, innocent Swee'pea has wandering tendencies and easily escapes Popeye's supervision. Swee'pea insouciantly crawls through town, with Popeye in hot pursuit. Of course, Swee'pea comes through all sorts of disasters (like falling girders, busy streets, fierce zoo animals) without a mark on him, but Popeye, who constantly saves the baby from being hurt, gets put through the wringer until (sometimes but not always) he remembers to eat the plant that gives him super abilities.

As for BDO itself, it's an update of the above-mentioned cartoons, plus an amalgamation of the "Home Alone" movies and even a smidgen of O'Henry's short story "The Ransom of Red Chief". Oh, and of course the typical Three Stooges short (by the way, I'm a bit amazed that the Stooges never did a short where they had to play frazzled guardians of wandering kids, or did they?) You have to suspend tons of disbelief to enjoy this movie, like for example baby Bink shuffling about with almost nobody noticing him except his would-be kidnappers (led by frustrated Joe Mantegna) or a gorilla cage with widely spaced bars that anybody can approach too closely and too dangerously. But once you suspend that disbelief, you'll have a slapsticky good time, especially if you like sweet babies. Just one warning: of course the baby is never hurt, but the kidnappers suffer excruciating and shall we say, private injuries. Oh, well, block out the cartoonish pain too, and enjoy.

John Hughes' Baby's Day Out provided plenty of slapstick laughs

Author: tavm from Baton Rouge, La.
14 May 2012

Watched this John Hughes movie with my mom on Mother's Day. It's about a baby who's kidnapped by dumb thugs played by Joe Pantoliano and Joe Mantegna. It also had Lara Flynn Boyle as the worried mother and Cynthia Nixon as the English nanny. Lots of quite funny stunts permeate the film with perhaps the most outrageous being when Mantegna gets fire on his...well, watch the film. This came a few years after Hughes' Home Alone which I remember highly enjoying when that one came out. Baby's Day Out wasn't as hilarious to me but I had laughed plenty while watching. So on that note, this is recommended for anyone in the mood for an outrageous slapstick comedy. P.S. When Neil Flynn showed up as a cop, I immediately said to Mom, "Hey, it's that guy from 'The Middle'" though I knew him before that as Janitor on "Scrubs".

Page 2 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]