IMDb > Baby's Day Out (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Best movie ever!!

Author: sa8713 from United States
3 November 2012

I will try not to ruin anything because i highly recommend that each person find this movie and buy it. I used to have it on VHS and my brother and i wore that out so about 5 years ago we found it in a bin at walmart marked $5 and that was just not right, so we saved it. A couple weekends ago he brought his kids over for the weekend and they wanted to watch a movie so i suggested this one. My niece fell asleep but my 4 year old nephew couldn't stop watching. He laughed almost the whole time. There is no better movie then a baby out smarting four grown adults out for some quick cash. The movie itself would hopefully never be plausible but it is good entertainment for the whole family. Just don't make it a nap time movie, most kids will not fall asleep, i learned the hard way.

Funny, farcical, and sweet!

Author: mjtandkitties from United States
14 July 2007

My 9 yr old buddy and I enjoyed almost everything about this movie. Montegna is excellent, and the slapstick is hilarious! I recommend this movie for anyone who likes movies like Home Alone. The farce is a bit violent, I suppose, but not any worse than your average Bugs Bunny cartoon. A few of the "special effects" are transparent, but that's OK -- wouldn't want some of the scenes to seem too real. The gorilla scene is one of the best I've seen. It may seem silly to give this movie such a high rating, but it really pure amusement and light comedy. The movie has withstood the test of time, too. I first saw it when it came out, and watched again for the first time in years a few days ago. Predictable, yes, but the sort of anticipation that keeps us ready to laugh.

A must watch for everyone. Great comedy for all the ages.

Author: dwivedi_ab from United States
14 November 2006

Its simply one of the best movies I have watched. Superbly created movie about a child who tackle 3 bad guys(with god always being on his side) who tried to kidnap him. Very cute kid, funniest scenes and non-stop comedy make this one as great movie. Its difficult to believe that how a child can be made to act like the way one did in this movie. The things simply happens with him. He no where seems to be working in a movie. And this is a great thing to watch.

In the last child is shown watching a book called "Baby's trip to China". I am eagerly waiting for any such sequel of the movie.

Good work and a must watch.

I Love This Movie- It is hilarious!! Yes Laughter Is Still the Best Medicine!

Author: Gloryous from United States
5 November 2006

I love the premise of this movie. It looks like just a goofy movie with kidnappers of a baby. But it is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I laugh so hard each and every time I see it. The kidnappers, are so inept, and make so many mistakes and this baby gets away with all kinds of things. The baby is sweet, cute, and always one step ahead of the kidnappers. Three men who cannot quite do anything right, their expressions are classic as this little baby escapes their traps, and leads them on a long, and hilarious trail around the city as baby crawls around the town. The fun is watching the kidnappers getting hurt, mangled, whipped by zoo animals, and falling into a cement barrel, still the baby never gets hurt. It is so funny, it is a happy film, and makes my day every time I see it. Whoever wrote this film should get a medal. It will keep you laughing from the minute it starts to the end. I recommend this movie to families, and anyone else who like to laugh, because you will be laughing through to the very end. And still want to see it again and again. Great film!

Its better than the stupid rating at least

Author: mockay from United States
24 July 2006

The movie appeared to be quite popular when it released and compares nicely to the Home Alone series. For the most part of this movie, the concept actually does work. The baby is just an ingrediant of the underlying plot and concept but the villains really make the movie worth watching. I can't really recall if the plot was so very predictable or not but it have some tense moments despite many many flaws.Sure you've probably seen this 'baby' theme is pretty much every cartoon since Tom and Jerry but this is the only movie that implements something similar, but should certainly not be confused as exactly the same. Whatever the critics may barf, this is one movie you would enjoy with your family.

Just a really nice, enjoyable family movie

Author: themovieman3000 from UK
15 January 2006

Baby's day out is one of my favourite family films and very funny too and a well cast Joe Mantegna delivers. You could say the film is in the tradition of home alone - hint: it is actually a movie from the creator of home alone. So home alone fans, this is exactly what you want. Why only a 4.5/10? It really is that good cause if you don't think that its good you've got some serious problem. Anyway, as I liked this movie so much, i really wished there would be a sequel, you know - baby's day out to China. You think that will happen after you see the kid at the end with the China book. Shame it never happened. No reason though why it can't. So what's it about if you still have failed to notice this gem of a movie? Well, basically this baby is kidnapped by some crooks who blackmail this rich family for loads of money in return of the kid. He picks up this story that the crooks have and decides to do everything in the book. The crooks try to get him back, but to not much avail. You must watch this film - buy it on DVD now, i cannot recommend enough no matter what age you are.

An hilarious comedy.

Author: husnain ali from London, England
18 October 2005

If you liked films such as Home Alone then this movie will suit you. This film is about a little baby(Bink)who gets kidnapped by kidnappers (Norby,Eddie and Veeko). But the baby is just to clever for them and causes more trouble than the kidnappers thought.

Unfortunately baby Bink escapes and now the three crooks are trying to get the baby back in order to get their money.Baby Bink has heard a book by his mother about kidnappers and he does whatever the hero does in the book and the kidnappers get all the punishment that the kidnappers get in his cartoon book.This movie is one of the best movie I have ever seen because it is an hilarious comedy.

One Baby. Three Bumbling Crooks. Home Alone Meets Three Men and A Baby!

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
27 November 2002

[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

Meet Baby Bink Cotwell. He lives with his adoring parents, Bennington and Laraine, in a big house. His most favorite book in the whole world was "Baby's Day Out", which he calls his "Boo-Boo Book", because the story is about a baby named Baby Boo and the story is about Baby Boo and his nanny going into town, ride a bus, visit a department store, then the zoo, and so on.

Baby Bink was getting his picture taken today and instead of hiring Old Willie, their normal photographer, they decided to try a different place. But right then, three bumbling thugs, Eddie, Norby and Veeko, tie up the photographers and take their places, for they knew Baby Bink belonged to a rich family and they planned to kidnap him and ransom him for an insane amount of money. They arrive at the house and pull off the crime with ease, then they take him to their hideout. They took along his book and Norby, illiterate, attempts to read it to him but it ends up putting him to sleep, so Bink crawled out the window and up on the roof. Eddie, Veeko and Norby soon discover he's missing and go out after him. Eddie falls off the roof in the process.

Laraine and Bennington spare no expense to have their son found. The FBI is on the case; Bink get's on board a bus, like the one in his book, then he enters a big department store while the crooks look over the bus. Next, Bink goes to the zoo. The crooks find him in the monkey house and run afoul of a grumpy mother gorilla. Finally, they chase him to a construction site. Norby falls in a vat of concrete, Veeko lands in the waste dispenser, and Eddie, suffering many mishaps, if left hanging on a crane. Finally, Bink goes to the Old Soldiers' Home where his family finds him! The police catch the crooks when they go to the hideout because Bink points out his book is there. So our story has a happy ending.

A pretty funny movie. It's written by John Hughes who brought us such memorable comedies as Home Alone and Uncle Buck. Joe Mantegna is Eddie, Lara Flynn Boyle is Laraine, Joe Pantoliano is Norby, Brian Haley is Veeko, Cynthia Nixon (who recently had a baby of her own) is Nanny Gilbertine, and Eddie Bracken (who sadly just died) has a cameo. Anyway, this was a good movie. There probably should've been a sequel like the ending suggests: Bink pulls out his new favorite book: Baby's Trip to China. Oh well. Anyway, I recommend Baby's Day Out. A movie to watch and be thankful on Thanksgiving this year.

Hilarious

Author: TheEtherWalk from Canada
26 November 2002

This movie is incredibly underrated. It has some of the funniest scenes I have ever seen. The park roshambo comes to mind. "THAT'S how you put out camp fires!" I had never laughed so hard in my life (until i saw Austin Powers 2)! Don't take it too seriously and just enjoy it, people. 7/10

Pap

Author: mutty-mcflea from Lincolnshire, UK
3 August 2013

Blindingly stupid drivel from the formerly talented John Hughes, who continues his slide into infantilism by casting further down the age range than ever before. Presumably he'd have made a film with the sperm from 'Look Who's Talking' if this film had made any money at all*.

He recycles the 'Home Alone' formula yet again to produce this idiotic comedy in which a baby makes his way around Chicago while inept kidnappers Joe Mantegna, Joe Pantoliano and Brian Haley try to catch him, along the way enduring much tiresome slapstick. If Mantegna and Pantoliano can't find a laugh somewhere in your movie then you're in trouble, but it's not their fault they have nothing to work with. The laziness of the movie is most glaring in the scenes where crowds of people fail to notice a baby crawling around on the pavement. Utter nonsense.

* Joke courtesy of 'City Slickers'.

Page 2 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]