IMDb > Airheads (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Not given enough credit

Author: insanitytrain from Ottawa, Ontario
18 January 2002

This is a great movie that simply doesn't get alot of credit. An amatuer band known as the Lone Rangers (Fraser, Buscemi, Sandler) sneak into a recording studio to have their demo tape played on the air. When refused, things get out of hand and they hold the place hostage.

This movie has an original plot line with good humour and good acting. Keep in mind that this movie comes very early on in the careers of all three title characters. Personally I find the calibre of acting that Fraser and Sandler have in this movie better than some that came afterwards.

When you start watching this movie, you'll want to finish it. Perfect example, my room mate who came in the room looking for something ended up staying for the whole movie.

Give this baby a chance. If you don't like it, you've lost the price of a rental.

Hilarious

Author: (billybrown41@hotmail.com) from Kimberling City, MO.
29 December 2002

Let's face it, if you go into a movie called "Airheads" expecting an intellegent, well-written, highbrow piece of cinematic art, then you deserve exactly what you get, so to everyone out there who gets off on trashing this movie, go rent "O Brother Where Art Thou?" and stop bit#$ng.

Now, if you want a good mindless way to blow a Friday evening, then look no further. You've come to the right place. Yeah, this movie is stupid beyond belief. It's also friggin' hilarious. Any movie that has Steve Buscemi as a long-haired, foul-mouthed bass player, and Ernie Hudson in general, I'm going to love. For me, Buscemi was the highlight and I loved everyone of his pseudo tough-guy lines like "Hey pal, you wanna try gettin' physical with me?"-Hilarious. Speaking of Buscemi, this one has a GREAT cast with Brenden Fraser as the leading man (Chaz), Adam Sandler as the pool cleaning drummer (Pip) and also features Joe Mantgena, Michael McKean, Chris Farley, David Arquette, and a whole slew of others, even Michael Richards.

The soundtrack rocks and the laughs come so often (very dumb laughs) that it's impossible to keep count.

Enjoy.

Never gets old

Author: blacklaetherglove from United States
21 February 2006

This is one of the great ones, you know? Every single thing is great about this movie. The actors are great, the costumes are great, the sets are believable, the plot owns, the script has a nice flow. This goes great with "Empire Records." I liked that, and I love this. Brendon Fraser is the ultra-mega-hot lead guitarist/singer of this awesome band, the Lone Rangers. He has a crappy apartment, I don't think he has a job, and his girlfriend is mad at him for trying to make his band work instead of growing up. She iss a Heather Locklear-style 90s bitch, and so works so well as that. The jokes keep going thru-out, and are actually funny, even after repeated viewings. I love the fake plastic water pisols ak47s filled with hot sauce. That was great! I highly recommend this movie is you want to watch a good movie, not something you will have to work up to sitting thru.

A good cast and some great funny moments

Author: Devin (d_e_v_i_n-1)
2 April 2005

The music made them do it.

Chazz(Brendan Fraser), Rex (Steve Buscemi), and Pip (Adam Sandler) are a band known as The Lone Rangers, and all they're looking for is some attention. But when they take over a radio station with fake guns in order to get their song played over the airwaves, they get a little more than they bargained for.

A great cast and some really funny moments make this a nice way to spend 90 some odd minutes. Chris Farley and David Arquette also star in this. It was released the same year as "Dumb and Dumber" and has some very similar comedy. Overall this is allot different though. There is a little bit of violence but nothing too bad. There is also a few good "Die Hard" spoofs.

Incredibly witty rock-oriented laugh riot

Author: Mika Pykäläaho (bygis80@hotmail.com) from Järvenpää, Finland
2 April 2003

Is this the funniest movie of the decade? I guess not but I think it has certainly deserved its obvious place in the top ten. I remember what kind of a crazy experience "Airheads" was when I watched it for the first time and didn't know what to expect. I almost died of hysterical laughter. This movie is so over-filled with terrific, absurd and both idiotic as well as surprisingly clever rock n' roll -oriented humor it's hard to believe anyone could watch it without constantly bursting into laughter. Brendan Fraser and Steve Buscemi are both extravagantly funny and even though I've never really cared for Adam Sandler even he is great in this. "Airheads" is a perfect comedy for every hard rock freak across the planet. Nice touch by the way: nobody couldn't have possibly think of a more suitable song for the end credits than the superb Ramones classic "We want the airwaves". Little warning: If you haven't seen this laugh riot yet do yourself a favor and don't watch the trailer in advance. Personally I feel that it alone gives away too much hilarious punch lines and jokes. Enjoy.

This Movie Rocks!!!

Author: chokingsusan from Michigan, United States
4 April 2004

I have seen this many times and never grow tired of watching it. It seems the more I watch it, the funnier it gets. It is freaking hilarious!

I especially think that Steve Buscemi and Brendan Fraser are the funniest in this flick. I love the girl that played Chazz's girlfriend as well, the way she would beat the crap out of Chazz was too much!

I don't think that anybody that ever was in a Rock-Roll band could watch this movie without cracking up. I guess maybe you had to be there?

If you haven't seen this film I recommend that you rent it, or better yet buy a copy to add to your collection. This is a classic Rock-n-Roll comedy that you must see.

It's just a good movie.

Author: Daniel Richardson from Bedford, IN
17 July 2004

I'd like to start off by saying that most people who submit comments or reviews should not take this movie so seriously. It's not Schindler's List or Chicago. I'm pretty sure when the film makers made this they wasn't trying to win an Oscar or anything. They was just trying to make a funny movie and they succeeded. This is a hilarious movie. It's one of those movies that if I'm flipping though the channels and I catch this on, I have to watch it. I heard when it came out that it bombed. I don't see how (What do critics know?). If you're one of those people who take their comedies too seriously, go read Dickens. But if you want to see a funny movie, rent this. Everyone in this is good. The plot is good. The acting is good. It's just a good movie.

Hysterical!

Author: stephie-12 from Malvern, England
31 January 2004

This film is one of the funniest ever. Adam Sandler, Brendan Fraser and Steve Buscemi are three incredibly dense would-be rock stars who break into a radio station with a water pistol to get their tape played and try to obtain a record deal. the stunt causes a lot of media attention, and cheering crowds gather outside the station. This is not an intellectual film, but it is very funny with all three of the main cast playing very different characters. Brendan Fraser is honourable, Adam Sandler is so dumb he attracts women who feel a bit sorry for him and Steve Buscemi is his older brother who brandishes the gun. If you want an hour and a half of pure light entertainment, watch this!

Airheads is an hilarious movie.

Author: dobbin-4 from Australia
13 December 2007

Adam Sandler, Brendon Frazer and Steve Buscemi star in this hilarious comedy that proves that movies that take risks pay off. The film is about 3 not so smart striving rock stars who after they get blown off on a radio show with an obnoxious boss and stuck up radio leader. Well from then they end up holding up the place and there leads to an hilarious movie. This movie is a very funny one Adam Sandler did very well in not to say the other 2 main character did not as even the cameos and co stars did a good job in this film. Overall the movie is extremely funny and I think is the funniest Adam Sandler movie that he does not star outrightly in. I rate this movie a fair 73% for keeping me laughing the whole way

Wonderful!

Author: horror_pop
20 July 2008

The Lone Rangers, an unsigned, self-proclaimed "power slop" band, consisting of guitarist Chazz Darby (Fraser), bassist Rex (Buscemi) and drummer Pip (Sandler), takes over a radio station so they can get their demo played on the air, and hopefully get a record contract. The whole thing goes spiraling downhill when their demo is destroyed, and while trying to escape, the boys come to realize that the radio station has become surrounded by the police. The Lone Rangers take the radio station and it's staff hostage with water guns that look like Uzis (filled with hot sauce) and with all their might try to get their demo to get some airplay as a crowd of soon-to-be fans gathers at the station to follow the mayhem.

Now, the only reason I wanted to watch 'Airheads' in the first place was because I saw on the TV section of the newspapers that the wonderful Steve Buscemi would be starring in it. I was certainly not expecting it to be as funny as it turned out to be. I've never been a huge fan of Brendan Fraser and I still have a strong dislike for Adam Sandler, but this trio came together in 'Airheads' and created something so funny I laugh out loud whenever I think about some if it's moments, which does earn me the occasional glance in a public bus. Being a big fan of heavy metal myself, I was happily surprised to see White Zombie AND Lemmy himself in cameos, and the movie delivered some hilarious and original dialogue.

As with every movie, it does have it's flaws; some of the jokes just don't deliver, and the character of the man hiding in the air ducts was, in my opinion, a bit too dramatic and silly. The big finale on the rooftop of the KPPX building was also a bit too weird for my taste.

If you're looking for a simple and funny movie to rock your world, 'Airheads' is the one to go for!

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]