IMDb > "Sister, Sister" (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Sister, Sister"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Sister, Sister" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Tia & Tamera are Fine!

Author: David, Film Freak from Palmerston North, New Zealand
10 December 2001

What *is* it with you people? Nearly everyone who has reviewed this show has blasted it beyond belief.

Yes - it was corny... it was a family show.

Yes - it was sacchrine and unrealistic... it was a family show.

Yes - it was "The Black Full House"... it was brought in just as Full House was beginning to dwindle in the ratings, but it was more than that.

The simple premise of twin girls separated at birth by completely different parents and then brought back together under coincidental circumstances obviously proved too pathetic to most IMDb reviewers.

Twins Tia and Tamera showed promise - they fine actresses, both good-looking and both can sing.

Although Tim Reid as Ray was a drip, Marques Houston as Roger was great, while Jaquee Harry (Lisa) is an absolute legend! This was a good show, so don't be tryin' to tell me otherwise.

Great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: mar-mel from California, USA
24 January 2003

I love this show! It is funny, and Tia and Tamera are great! I liked Roger best, 'cause he is incredibly funny as he worships the twins. The only thing I didn't like was the way they said things in unison, except when they said, "Go Home, Roger!" Jackee Harry and Tim Reid are really funny as Lisa and Ray! My favorite episode was the pilot! This is a great show for kids, teens, and adults to watch!!

sister sister is not stupid

Author: linda james (lindajanet16@aol.com) from London, England
27 February 2003

i can agree that the plot was a bit silly, and realistic but at the end of the day its TV. its not meant to be 100% convincing, nothing on tv is real.

The girls were good actresses i cant deny, and the pace at their age was stable, at least when they were 16 they werent all over boys like brianna is in 'one on one', it was a good show and it was long running. Roger playede by Marques Houston was the sweetest thing i had ever seen until he grew and his voice broke and he got all 'masculine' but hes still sweet anyway.

Good show, i miss it!

Author: little_miss_minx84 from London, England
24 January 2003

Well i thought it was particularly good. The average age of the audience for this show were young teenagers and i doubt they are really looking for an emmy award winning performance. It was nice seeing the sisters grow up through the years and in my opinion it had everything that a family show needs - laughter, hot guys like ronreaco lee and marques houston and it was packed full of interesting scenarios so on the whole-good entertainment!!

It's still cool!

Author: Monika-5 from United States
5 July 2000

I remember watching this show from the night it debuted on ABC. Tia and Tamera are both good actresses and it was fun watching them grow up on screen. Jackee Harry and Tim Reid had a lot of chemistry too, as the complete opposites Lisa and Ray. It's a shame they didn't end up together for good. My favorite episode has to be where the twins got their temps and Ray and Lisa tried to teach them to drive, and another good one is where the same boy unwittingly asks both the twins out on the same night thinking they are one girl. They both end up going on the date, and it's also the same show where Lisa meets Terrence! It was a good, decent family show, although I think the ABC episodes where better than the subsequent WB ones. Hats off to the cast and crew for a fun show and a job well done!

fantastic show

Author: webmaster-1008 from United States
3 March 2005

I totally agree. I think Roger is funny because he annoys Tia and Tamera, he's probably my second favorite character other than Tamera. I love Tamera, I can totally relate to her because I love to dance and dance and stuff. "Go home Roger" is a classic line. Ray and Lisa are funny too, especially since Ray likes opera music and owns a limousine service, not to mention Lisa designing her own clothes. I like a lot of the episodes, but my favorite one is probably... well I can't think of any right now, haha but today on Disney Channel was an early episode when Tia and Tamera are celebrating their birthday and spend a weekend in Chicago(where I'm from!!) Except yeah, I would agree that its a bit cheesy when they say the same lines together. Tamera rocks!

I miss this show!

Author: cowza from Cardiff, UK
1 August 2006

As an 80's child I grew up with all the classic cartoons like Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Thundercats and Ghostbusters then when I was in high school I had the shows like Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Kenan & Kel, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Sister Sister. Watching these shows was something I used to really look forward to every evening and when they are shown in a rare repeat on TV I love watching and reminising.

Sister Sister had some great episodes. There was something about the mannerisms of the characters which I found just hilarious - I especially remember this of Lisa and Tamera. I remember we were also occasionally treated to the musical talents of Tia, Tamera & Marques Houston (Roger) which I always enjoyed. What was most pivotal about Sister Sister was that despite being a comedy show with the occasional unrealistic scenarios it did address many things teenagers go through and could relate to. The characters seemed like real people and I'm sure I was not the only one to grow up with and love those characters.

I don't know what people expected out of this show but to me like many other similar shows that aired at the same point as Sister Sister they were marketed at teenagers and young adults who appreciated them a lot. Most of these shows had around six seasons so they must have been doing something right! Personally I think this show was fantastic and I hope we get it on DVD soon :-)

I stopped watching after they straightened their hair

Author: shantbe from United States
11 October 2011

Well, not exactly.I hung in there for one more season.I bailed out when they decided to give Tia an ex-con boyfriend, let the twins sing the theme song, and have Tamera(the dumb twin) somehow get into the same university as Tia.Sure the show was fluff when it started, but that was part of its charm.Every sitcom doesn't have to be a nighttime soap. Sometimes you want to sit back,laugh and forget about the world problems for just a half an hour.I liked the kooky, funny, non-talented twins who scorned popularity,wore god-awful Blossom-like outfits and fended off Roger amorous advances.OK, I know the twins had to grow up sometime, but there was so much more that could have been explored.They could have made Lisa more independent.I would have loved for her to have owned her shop and have been on equal footing with Ray from the start.I hate how they made her low-income and dependent on Ray's benevolence so that she and Tia would have a place to stay.Also they touched on twins' desire to find their parents,Lisa's fear of competing with the birth mom,Tia's need for a father figure, and twins' fear of being separated again.However, no mention was ever made of Ray's wife, who was Tamera's adoptive mother.Did she remember her? Why weren't there any pictures of her? Why were the home movies only of Ray and Tamera? That should have been the focus, not singing groups,cheerleading,modeling,drugs,ghetto boyfriends, and that stupid Roger/Batman look-alike episode. Oh and why didn't Lisa marry that Food-Boy guy? So much wasted potential.

5 stars--in remembrance of the frizzy-haired years.

hmmm thought it was kinda dopey at first...

Author: crazyangela2 002 from Michigan
6 November 2002

At first the show was annoying, I use to just flip the channel when I saw those two twins appear onto my screen. I didnt like how the twins said things at the same time, now that was pathetic! But otherwise, while doing your homework full of bordem this show is fine to watch. I think the best thing is either Roger or the mess ups at the end of the show.

Cute

Author: Blondie123 from Philly
28 September 2002

First of all I think this show is very cute. I know the story line is kinda dumb but come on... so is every other show pretty much. If they created this show any other way with any other actors it would be bad. I like it the way it is even though it is only on re runs!!!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]