IMDb > "The Magic School Bus" (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Magic School Bus"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Magic School Bus" More at IMDbPro »

My kids love it!

Author: eoff from Carrollton, Texas
8 November 2004

I think this show is both educational and entertaining. My kids (ages 2 to 7) LOVE the show and the books. Its 52 episodes now run at 6:30 a.m. ET weekdays on The Learning Channel. Because it is wholesome and beneficial, it is one of the few shows I let them watch on TV. I like the guest-star voices (Dolly Parton) and the way Ms. Frizzle's dress changes according to the theme of the day. The show is a great way to introduce children to science concepts at a young age, as it easily holds their attention the entire time and inspires their imagination. It is refreshing to see that a children's show these days can get by without violence and mean-spiritedness while also teaching the values of friendship, curiosity and persistence.

Magic School Bus

Author: dark_snow_angel
30 June 2005

I used to watch the Magic School Bus and learned a lot from that program. I watched it when I was little and several segments were hilarious to me at that age. I still fall back on these tape to help simplify my knowledge when studying in high school. All those who say that this would never be helpful to children have problems of their own. Every person I've every known of who watched this series has found it useful and fun. Even my mother (52) watches it in her spare time. It's a helpful way to begin to teach more complicated science subjects to children. In my High school, the Graduates are required to watch one episode relating to the unit at the beginning of each unit. The Magic School Bus is useful and suggest to all parents to look into it to help commence some education in your child at a young age.

awesome show

Author: (rabulione2590) from Washington, DC
24 April 2003

when i was growing up i learned all i know about science from the magic school bus and bill nye the science guy. this show was great. it had cute plots, good information, and fun characters. i wish it was still on. i give it a 10/10!

The best show EVER made!

Author: Ghetto_superstar1989 from Massachusetts, United States
21 December 2002

I'm serious. This show rocked, even though it was educational. I loved the characters and the adventures they went on. You would never know which outfit Ms. Frizzle would wear either. I even had a crush on one of the characters (I'm not telling you which one!).

Liz has to be the cutest reptile on the planet. Carlos made plenty of bad jokes and Arnold's "I knew I should've stayed home today" thing never got old.

Bai bai, I'm gonna go bungey jump in the large intestine now!

A Cute and Educational Show...

Author: Ginger87 from New York City
7 August 2004

When I was in second grade my teacher always brought in videos of "The Magic School Bus". I loved the videos so I started watching the show on T.V. I enjoyed this show because it made learning fun. I learned about the human body, photosynthesis, outer space, sound, reptiles, and much more. It was cool.

One of my favorite episode was the one when the class is investigating a haunted house. In this episode the class learns about sound. I also like the episode when the class went to outer space to look for a star for Dorothy Ann. That episode was really funny.

I suggest this show to everyone and I give it 9/10 stars.

I love this show!

Author: prota909 from United States
8 August 2008

This was the most fun and educational show out during my life as a child, it was great so fun to watch, i would always run home after school to watch this show!! its the best educational show ever made in my opinion! i am buying the collectors box set tomorrow at Toys Are Us just to refresh my child hood memories it was great, i loved it when i was little so much to do so much freedom nothing can compare to what life has passed behind, So fun time DDLOVE IT DD d DDD DD DD D so fun to watch sorry i gotta keep typing unless it wont let me put in the comment okay so retarded i tell you but seriously best show in the world SHOW IS THE BEST SHOULD SHOW THIS TO EVERY CHILDREN IN THE WORLD IT WILL PLEASE THEM GREATLY!!

great show...wish it was still on TV covering new topics

Author: cesardlg from United States
31 May 2006

yes, sesame street and other shows teach the basics better. however, once your kid advances to the "how it works" stage, this program hits the nail on the head. my kid likes hearing how honey is produced and what the roll of the bee-keeper as well as the queen bee, etc. There are also a lot of factoids that he just will spout off for the next few days. Sesame street was great when he was 2 and 3, but now at 4, its magic school bus time.

we just recently discovered the books and they are great also. we do story time before bed every time and usually its at least 5 books. one of these books takes about 20-30 minutes though because there are a lot of factoids in each of them and reading each and every one takes time. i learned quite a bit myself. i kind of like the book better than the show.

this is a GREAT series

Author: nwbeeson from United States
6 August 2005

This is a highly entertaining science series. This show has the highest artistic production values. It is as entertaining as any children's show. But unlike any other children's show, it actually imparts solid correct scientific information. Any child who has an interest in how the world really works will love this series. My children and their friends are delighted with these shows. They ask me to get more. I am a professional scientist, who has 25 years experience. I watch them looking for "dumbing down" or for factual mistakes. I have never seen either. This is the series to get to start your child on their way to understanding the world about them.

Was Quite the Educational Children's Show.

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
5 December 2002

[MAY BE SPOILERS]

Ordinary schools take field trips to museums to learn about things, well in Ms. Frizzle's class, their field trips don't go to ordinary museums to learn about outer space. They actually go into outer space! They've been just about everywhere! Even inside the human body to see how everything really works. The class pet was Liz, a chameleon, or was she an iguana? Anyway, I like the episode where Liz goes to a reptile center where she actually has a restful time, but the kids think the people there are being cruel to her so Ms. Frizzle and the kids transform themselves into reptiles, even the bus get's turned into an alligator. Or how about the one where the kids shrink down to look more closely at the workings of a car engine when the bus breaks down. Yeah, they've just about done everything and have gone everywhere.

This show isn't on TV anymore, but I wish it were. It was entertaining as well as educational and there aren't many shows like that anymore. Lily Tomlin supplies the voice of Miss Frizzle! I don't really remember more about this show, but I do remember it was done well and it's one of those shows your kids should watch, so anyway, in conclusion, they should return this show to television. It was a good one.

Foundational for my childhood

Author: qasdfghj from Berkeley
15 April 2012

Despite only seeing a few episodes as kid, mostly reruns, they impacted my vision of school and science growing up in profound ways. They taught me that science is action-packed and exciting. One of the my favorite episodes is when Ralphie gets sick and they go into his bloodstream to see the war against the germs ensue.

Even though these days I question the germ-theory, these visualizations were foundational to my understanding of various other processes I could not see. While learning, I would go into a Magic School Bus into my head and play them out in my imagination. Shows like this, and a few excellent science teachers lead me to college at MIT and pursuing a degree in science.

I wish they brought this show back or made others like it! Excellent show!