IMDb > "Madison" (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Madison" More at IMDbPro »

Its not that bad

Author: moonchild-thepusher from Canada
13 August 2006

I'm sure a lot of people would say this show is crap. But I disagree. Frankly I like this show, I don't think it's that bad. It's an interesting show, no one main character, there's at least one character for the audience to connect with somehow. Also the dialogue and storyline are actually fairly intelligent and I find it very interesting and entertaining. It's a great soap for teens with nothing to do on a week night. I voted this show 10/10 because it is definitely under rated, if people gave it a chance, maybe watched it two nights in a row, they'd instantly be hooked. Since this show is from the 90's it's also fun to watch just for the clothing and hairstyles and reminisce about those years.

Madison

Author: Livv P from Canada
14 December 2010

I really, really like this show. I think it's a lot more realistic than most shows that you see about kids in high school. Pregnancy, abusive relationships, death, alcohol and drugs, and many other issues too. Throughout my teenage years I've experienced all of that, and I personally know a lot of other people that have to. I like it because it's not so sugar coated, and they don't all have perfect lives, or somewhat close to perfect lives. The shows about real problems, not just couples breaking up, or rumours, and popularity. I don't think people give this show enough credit. You cannot find torrents anywhere. It's hardly played on TV (right now it's Mon- Thurs at 10pm), and there's no DVD sets or VHS. It's awesome for a Canadian show, and I think it should definitely have been made more available for people to watch.

main things about it

Author: don't have to tell you from canada
5 August 1999

I think the show is pretty serious. But at the same time it's not enough. And then again it's too t.v. magical, but then if you think about it, it isn't. But I very much doubt that highschool students would experience such heavy stuff. I mean, I'm in high school and my life is farthest from what they show. Then again, it's t.v. and you can't argue with that fact. Besides, when are they going to graduate? Some characters there are totally normal, but some are so far off being teen that you would think they're in their late twenties. Example: Sheri's pregnancy; it was too stereotype, the real father staying, they get married, come on it's the 90's for crying out loud! I know as a fact it happens, but most fathers leave, and being different races makes a difference too, I am not racist at all, at ALL! But my cousin's father left my aunt mostly because of race, so it does matter! But, when Tom, threw rocks at Tia's window doing that Romeo and Juliet thingy, that was totally realistic, believe me, I should know. But when Tom beat that guy up, you know, what's-his-name, um, the guy who goes to therapy? Well anyway, when he beat him up because he was with his ex-girlfriend, that was a little out of hand, but it's more likely than RJ falling for an older woman and staying with her. But out of all, I really like the show, though I'm a major critic. If I were to rate the actors here it is (in character names): Kevin: *** Sheri: ** Tia: *** Derek: *** Tom: **** Carol: **** RJ: *** Penny: **** and the rest of the cast: ***

The actors

Author: from B.C., Canada
29 July 1999

Madison is really cool, and so are the actors. My favourite characters are Penny, Carol, and my ultamite fav, Tom!! There are a lot of people, so I don't exactly remember them all. I like the show because, It gives a sense of real life. Hey, Chad, WE (as in your fan club) LOVE YOU!!!

CHWFC.