IMDb > "Friends" (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Friends"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Friends" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 73:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

The Best Show Ever

Author: Fabrizio03 from Farmingville, New York
20 February 2005

Everyone says that Seinfield is the greatest show ever. I love Seinfield but it doesn't come close to Friends. Every episode of Friends will make you laugh non-stop. We have grown to love the characters and what happens to them. The fitting personalities of these characters are absolute genius. Rachel the spoiled yet sweet girl, Monica the mother figure, Phoebe the hippy chick, Joey the dopey yet cool Italian, Chandler the sarcastic loser and Ross the neurotic victim stay together to help each other with their problems in the big city. I've got every season on DVD. This sitcom, in my opinion, is the greatest sitcom of all time and it changed the TV world forever. It's a great show.

My Friends on T.V.

Author: midz narciso (midz@dns.globalink.com.ph) from Philippines
12 August 1998

There never has been a sitcom that truly pictures life among the singles (twenty-something) as good as this show does. It's not just comedy, it presents the episodes in such a way that one can truly identify with the situations they face so the audience has something to talk about in coffee shops too. The humor is universal. I feel like I'm part of the group every time I watch it because I feel the different emotions they go through. Plus, of course, it is so much fun because it's fast-paced. Every scene and every moment is relative to what is going to happen next so you don't feel like it is dragging you onto nothing. Just like how a sitcom should be. Funny!

Where are YOUR Friends?

Author: Vogue. from United States
2 March 2005

I've been reading a lot of these comments. Some people don't like the show...claiming it to be unrealistic or that the plot lines get boring.

I didn't discover Friends until a year or two ago (thanks to MY friends) but I ADORE the show in syndication and I hope to own the DVDs. Its damn funny and no one can deny it. Except for stiffs. And whats best about Friends is that its REAL.

Ross and Rachel getting old? How could it? Do relationships get old in real life? No, they're ongoing, sometimes stagnating, sometimes changing. Thats REAL.

This show is about 6 people who love each other like family...which I must say as an 18 year old... is very real. Once you hit your late teens - early twenties...things begin to change. You grow both closer to and further from your biological family, and as you reach more independence, you adopt another family of your own: YOUR FRIENDS.

We may not all sit in coffee shops, but we all LOVE our friends like they were blood. That's what this show is about. Makes you all warm and fuzzy (and sore from laughing) inside. And as a show: FRIENDS will always be a part of MY family.

One of the best t.v. shows ever!

Author: Pookyiscute from Nyiregyhaza, Hungary
23 March 2004

Easily in my top five category of funniest and best shows in prime time history.

Everyone on this show is so witty and delivers their lines superbly that it's hard not to like all of them equally. However, I do have my favorite characters/actors/actresses, as I'm sure everyone who has watched the show even once or twice, to those who are avid fans of it.

We'll start from least favorite to best character/actor.

Matt Le Blanc/Joey Tribbiani:

Although some might say, because of his boyish good looks, his cute jokes that he delivers now and then (very well, mind you), and his ability to make you feel sweet and sorry for him at the same time, he is a great actor, and plays his part as Joey Tribbiani really well, he's probably my least favorite on the show. I love him, don't get me wrong, but I just appreciate everyone else's talents on the show much more.

Jennifer Aniston/Rachel Green:

Rachel Green is a fun-loving, cute little waitress, who seems to always have trouble finding Mr. Right, who is plainly right in front of her 24/7. Who is that, you ask? Well, obviously Ross Gellar. Her roommate Monica's brother. Rachel is undoubtedly most everyone's favorite character who watches this show, just not mine. Sometimes her personality can get a little annoying, and although I like her better than Joey, not very much more. But, that doesn't go without saying that I don't love her in movies. Because, well, I do.

Courtney Cox/Monica Gellar:

It's hard to put Monica Gellar so far down the list, but if I have to make room for the other three, than so be it. As much as I love her on this show, she's just not as good as she is in the 'Scream' trilogy. But, she certainly does a good job convincing you that she hates to be wrong, has to have everything her way, and is a real trooper with most all of her challenges on the show, that the writers give her.

Lisa Kudrow/Pheobe Buffey:

Now, I love Lisa Kudrow. She is definitely one of the funniest woman comedians, which is why I classify her as my favorite female on the show. She outdid herself in 'Romy And Michele's High School Reunion', but she's extraordinary on this show. She's so ingenious with her comedy which is no doubt why she's won several awards for her role on the program.

David Schwimmer/Ross Gellar:

It's so funny to me that I like him so much. He's not the best actor in my opinion, but he was really good in Kissing A Fool, and really just ok in The Pallbearer, but my second favorite on the show. He's so funny and he cracks me up with all of his facial expressions and the excellent way he delivers his lines. He is definitely my second favorite character and actor on the show.

Matthew Perry/Chandler Bing:

They should have a shrine dedicated to this man. He is so outstandingly funny in every single project that he works on! He is so hysterical and a true actor in everything that he does, it is amazing that someone can be so talented. I wish that he were given more roles than just the few comedies he's been in, including Friends. But, he is such a great character on the show, it's hard to picture the program without him. With that being said, I would also like to add that he is not only the best actor on the show, and one of my personal favorites, but I also believe that he would be such a great dramatic actor if given the chance. If you've seen him in 'She's Out Of Control' you'll know what I'm talking about.

So, with that I give this show a definite 10/10. It's one of the best shows to come out within the last ten years, and definitely on my top five best shows of all time list.

And that's my review.

The best American TV has to offer

Author: Zeitgeist1313 from Seattle, WA
26 July 2005

'Friends' is simply the best series ever aired. The acting is amazing; after watching a few episodes you stop referring to the actors by their real names altogether, even if they appear in another movie. The characters are addictive, none are completely positive or negative. It would be quite easy to get along with or to be very annoyed by any of them in real life. Yet, all of them together (or even divided in groups) create this amazing chemistry that most people desire and few lucky ones have. The humor is wonderful, no matter what type of humor you like, you will get to a point where you will find at least something absolutely hilarious. There is slapstick, some light humor, some dark humor, some raunchiness, some cheesiness - a little bit of everything. The story is captivating; viewers keep coming back to see what situation fate (being the writers) puts the characters in today. It is truly a television masterpiece.

There are, however, many people who scoff at the mentioning of 'Friends'. My guess is they've never seen or paid attention to the show. It's easy to discard something because "everyone likes it" and be "unique", when in reality the uniqueness is actually bias. Just watch a few episodes with before making any judgements - chances are you'll fall in love with it too. I would have serious doubts about one's sense of humor if I heard that they hated 'Friends'.

Still as funny as it was when it started back in '94

Author: silverzero from Dungarvan, Ireland
18 January 2003

People are saying that friends is running out of ideas and that the humour is getting dull. Running out of ideas? possibly. Humour getting feeble? absolutely not. In fact it's getting better. OK, so perhaps they're beginning to "pair up" the six of them, but so what. Chandler's sarcasm is still as funny as ever. Monica's quirkiness still works. Phoebe's goofiness still brings about a smile. And Joey,Rachel and Ross are still as funny as they always were. So stop being a bunch of cynics and enjoy the show while it's still on.

The greatest sit-com ever!

Author: the_real_polly from Europe
16 February 2004

Ask anybody which TV-show is their favorite, and they are most likely to say "Friends". Since the first episode premiered in America in September 1994, millions of people tune in every week to see Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Ross cope with their lives in Manhattan.

Before "Friends", the six actors who play the main characters were all unknown. Today, Jennifer, Courteney, Lisa, Matt, Matthew and David are six of the most known people in the world.

what is it that makes this show so funny? I don't even know if I can answer that. For the past ten years, the world have been able to follow the gang's lives, which are very funny. Can it be Chandler's jokes, Monica's pedantidity, Phoebe's songs or Joey's stupidity that makes Friends to the most liked TV-show in the history? My answer would be that all of the six main characters contribute in their own special ways. Alone, they are useless because something's obviously missing, but together, they complete each other which results in six hilarious people.

The first seasons were funnier than the later, but the show is still great, and it's very sad that they have decided to cancel it. But that's understandable, since quitting when they are at the very top is better than to be forced to quit because of low ratings.

The greatest show on television

Author: kmbick2 from Kentucky
9 February 2004

Friends is an excellent tv show. All of the actors are excellent!

People are saying they don't understand it, which confuses me. It's great entertainment! Friends are talking and living their life, and you see what goes on. It's going to be hell when it is finally over! The writers are the best I have seen. How could it be a horrible show when actresses such as Jennifer Aniston have won Golden Globes because of her work in it. No one who has watched this show once can say they did not laugh their ass off at least once during the 30 minute period!

fantastic

Author: ross robinson from england
12 November 2003

Friends has got to be one of the best Us Sitcom comedys ever. I'll be sad for this programme to end next year in 2004 because the whole team did such a fantastic effort to put everthing into this series. It was such a great programme and i think it will always will be. After 10 seasons the programme comes to it's end. I give this 10 out of 10.

One of the best sitcoms ever

Author: PugPerson from England
14 April 2005

After seeing every episode of this much loved sitcom i much say that the writers and cast have succeeded in making something that is not only humorous, but also forces you to care about the characters and what happens to them in the future. All six of the friends bring characteristics to the show that make the viewer feel like they know them. Each one of the characters is funny in their own way and due to the shows fast pace there is never a boring episode.

I will say however that towards the end Friends did start to lose what it had but, never the less was still very good. I started watching the show at series five but from then on i was hooked.

I recommend this sitcom to anyone and everyone.

Page 1 of 73:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]