IMDb > "ER" (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"ER"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"ER" More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 14: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

losing it's steam....

Author: myaddress8248 from rockledge, florida
2 August 2002

I used to be an avid fan of ER, watching every night. It used to be a great show. Now its just losing its steam.

ER lost great actors such as Sherry Stringfield ,George Clooney, and Juliana Marguiles. And Noah Wyle's character has gone through women like gum. And now i heard that Eriq La Salle is leaving. I think its great that there are new personalities, but they're making them dull.

I stopped watching ER about a year ago. ER now seems like a one hour soap opera than a one hour drama series. Its sad, but all shows eventually take this road...

ER's the greatest

Author: dungodung from Pancevo, Serbia
2 June 2002

ER is one of my favourite TV Series and I'm sorry I'm missing the most important part (The dieing of Mark Greene), because our, Yugoslavian, TV channel has just entered the 7th season, so I'll have to wait if I want to see the final 8th season. I went to download the whole episode guide and it's very BIG. So if You have any comments on my comment - e-mail me!

LOVE ER THE BEST SHOW ON THURSDAY NIGHT!!!!!!

Author: Joni29356
30 May 2002

George Clooney is great! Noah Wyle is hot. I have watched ER since it came on. But what they need to do is bring everybody back for a big renunion. It is the best show on Thursday night. I would like to see Carter and Dr Lewis get together on Him and Abby.

One of the best shows out there

Author: ehosh2494 (ehosh2494@wowmail.com) from Michigan
5 April 2002

I normally don't like shows like this, but I started watching it at the beginning of the season and haven't missed a single episode yet. It is very easy to get hooked on this show with its ongoing plotlines constantly developing each week, and very likable characters, and I think Sherry Stringfield is absolutely gorgeous. If you like very entertaining, thought-provoking, well-written television, this is definitely for you. An excellent show.

This show has managed to resist time itself

Author: Rogue Leader from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
30 March 2002

If it were any other TV show I wouldn't be this defensive, but ER has truly surprised viewers over the past seven and a half years. Besides Friends, ER is the only other show that managed to remain interesting and watchable.

I've recently watched the 7th Season of this top rated drama, and it amazed me in many levels, despite some flaws, showing how old the show has become.

The changing format was definetely an improvement. Now the West Wing seems to be following the same example by broadcasting on Widescreen format. It's true many people were displeased by the change, specially given that 90% of the world's population doesn't own a Widescreen TV set. However, the change is evident even on normal TV sets for better or worse.

Throughout many years, ER has been a revolving door for actors, directors, writers and producers. It's true today's ER is ridiculous if compared to the ER of the first three seasons. It's very hard to keep a dramatic show on its peak for too long. I miss old writers like Lydia Woodward, Carol Flint and particulary Paul Manning. These writers knew the characters like nobody else. They also gave a sense of reality to such a fast-paced and entertaining show. Directors like Mimi Leder and Christopher Chulack are also sorely missed. Fortunately, John Wells has been running ER ever since the beginning and still keeps the show as interesting as it can be.

Initially I've had my reservations concerning Jack Orman's reign as the Executive Producer of the show, but I was proven wrong. He's managed to keep the show afloat and provide new ways to impress viewers, particulary in storyline terms. Also I enjoyed the occasional retreat from the hospital in order to keep the enviroment more bearable.

Recognizing that much on ER's previous success was based on the relationship between George Clooney's Doug Ross and Julianna Margulies's Carol Hathaway, the writers decided to attempt the formula once again involving Luka Kovac and Abby Lockhart (not surprisingly the excessive attention devoted to these two characters made all the other "new" characters become stage prop). While I enjoyed both characters when dealing with their own problems, I really didn't enjoy their personal relationship. There was no spark, like Peter and Cleo.

At first I couldn't stand Abby's mother Maggie, back on her first appearances, but when she returned she became far more appealing and sympathetic. I particulary enjoyed the ending of their story (Where the Heart Is) as they watched that softball game.

Many people dislike her, but I was always a fan of Kerry Weaver. Even with her evident incompetence to management and treating other colleagues, she never ceased to be the best doctor in that ER, never losing control and managing to save her patients as well as showing a marvelous compassion to many of these patients. And this was her season given the intensity of her storyline with Kim Legaspi which was played as seriously as possible without falling into the cliché of current lesbian storylines.

Luka endured the worst nightmares a man could possibly face when we were treated to the flashbacks of his life back on Croatia, when his family was killed in an explosion. The Crossing was definetely my favorite hour of ER in the past year.

ER has always been incredible for establishing the tradition of being the most expensive show on TV. And every penny invested in the show is evident on the screen. Also ER always excels when executing locations shots, even in Chicago. The quality of the production is hardly a debate. They are the best.

I just hope the eighth season can be as entertaining and innovative as the seventh season was, despite a few tolerable flaws. However it will be sad to lose both Mark Greene and Peter Benton. However as long as ER can hold itself to John Carter, Abby Lockhart, Kerry Weaver and Luka Kovac this show will always keep me interested.

I have to praise Michael Crichton for creating a show so appealing and innovative, like nothing else on television. It could have become as boring as St. Elsewhere and Chicago Hope, but ER is truly a standout.

A Very Good Show!

Author: drok2006 from Pennsylvania
26 November 2001

I am really not suprised that ER is the number one show in America. After 7 seasons on the air, the writing was still very good and you were always on edge to see what was happening. In the 8th season, Carla dies and Benton is left alone to take care of Resse, who also happens to be deaf. However, Roger would like to take him and raise him as his son, since Benton is not his real father anyway. This is an outside of the hospital story, and it just proves that the way that you write things makes them better.

Also, I found it a nice addition to have Mark's daughter, Rachel, added to the show. It provides a second scene to the hospital setting, and how she is always getting into trouble is something else you could look forward to, wondering what she is going to do wrong next.

I was happy to see that Susan Lewis came back to the show, and that she and Carter are romanticly linked now. They always looked good together, so why not? NBC has the best lineup on Thursdays, including Friends, Will and Grace, and Just Shoot Me. Thank you NBC, for one of the best shows ever to hit TV.

Wonderful show!!

Author: (enull)
18 November 2001

I've have followed this show since 1994 and I just love it! I look forward to new episodes on Thursdays, and even watch if it's a rerun. I watch the reruns whenever I can on TNT. I've enjoyed watching the different characters grow, especially Carter. I miss some of the original characters, like Susan and Doug, but I get to watch them on the reruns. I'm also going to miss Mark and Benton who are leaving after this season (2001-2002). Overall, I still love the show and am enjoying the story develop between Carter and Susan, who is back and I'm very excited about it! Watch the show; I guarantee you'll be hooked!

ER is the best TV show in the world!

Author: Alizabeth James from Indiana
4 October 2001

It's no wonder why NBC's hit television series ER has been on the air for 7 years and counting. ER shows what really goes on in the emergency room. It mixes a unique style of drama and bluntness that attracts me to the TV every week. ER has had a great cast in the past and Season 8's cast is wonderful. It is so sad to hear of some of the actors departures. I can only hope ER will stay on the air for years to come!

How I still like the show in the 8th season

Author: laffytaffy from LA, California
26 August 2001

I am excited for september 20, which will be the season opener for ER. Though I feel the quality was the best in the early seasons, I still enjoy Thursday nights at 10 the best. ER is still a great show and I watch the reruns over and over. I feel that actors such as Laura Innes, Alex Kingston, Noah Wyle, Eriq LaSalle, and Anthony Edwards make the show the best. I will always watch. So jump on a gurney every thursday. I will be there hooked up to my I.V.

Better than the rest!

Author: Brosnan204
24 August 2001

I cannot even put into words how much I love this show. I can sit watch almost any episode again and again and still think its great. This show is so fast pased its unbelivable.Its accurate, funny, emotional, and of cource action packed. The cast back in 1994 were a bunch of no-buddies, now if your on ER your a star. I think that ER's cast is better than Law and Order, Chicago Hope, The sopranos, And the rest. Thats not just because im bias to ER I really do think these actors are the greatest. Thats why it saddened me when Anthony Edwards (Dr.Mark Greene) who really is the heart of the show and Eriq La Salle (Dr. Peter Benton) who does an excellent job playin the stiff who is finally softening up announced they are leaving the show. They have both been on the show since day one. I think that now the show is strong enough to let them go and still be popular. (I pray)This show has it all the best cast, stories, creater, Directors, writers, and producers.So every day I watch this shoe and I hope you will to its well worth your time.

Page 8 of 14: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]