IMDb > "ER" (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"ER"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"ER" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 14: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

The Best Show on Television, Period.

Author: mattuf1 from United States
9 August 2007

And I say that having not seen the entire series. I started watching ER just a few months ago. I downloaded a few episodes and finally decided to pick up the DVD's. Since then I have been in an ER world. I watch at least a couple episodes a day and every single one is amazing. While all the episodes are great, occasionally you are hit with an episode that shakes you. One that hits close to home or maybe one that you know you'll be watching over again someday. The cast is phenomenal, especially the original 6. Anthony Edwards, George Clooney, Noah Wyle, Julianna Margulies, Sherry Stringfield and Eriq La Salle launch the show to an amazing atmosphere in the first season. The characters are filled with depth and even as new characters arrive, you find yourself falling into their stories just as smoothly. Alex Kingston, Maura Tierney, Ming-Na, the list could go on like this of amazing newcomers that arrive each and every season. The writing is always top of the line which keeps the changing characters over the course of the years work. It's easily the best show I've ever seen and it's what all other television shows should try and mold themselves after. I'm really glad I was bored that day and decided to give the pilot a try.

Easy 10 out of 10.

comforting

Author: christopher_pridgen from United States
19 April 2007

One of the longest running drama's on television, E.R. really revolutionized television by creating a market for medical dramas and even medical comedies. Through the years E.R. has been good in so many ways. One of the greatest components of E.R. is how they have reinvented their cast. They seem to go through cycles, but they always create relatable characters whom you grow to love. When someone leaves the show it doesn't tear it a part because the writing is so good all the ground work is there for a painless exit for the viewer; they always set up a nice juicy story between some of the remaining cast members. The show is very edgy and always manages to tug on the heart strings. I think it is a staple of Thursday night television it's comforting to see something you know is going to be good because there is so much crappy television out there these days. I think this show has at least another one or two seasons in it. We will have to see!

ER show

Author: countrygirl_1999 from United States
28 September 2006

ER has to be the most exciting drama on TV for the past decade.i don't buy TV shows on DVD, but ER made me. the compelling story lines, the love triangles, and the friendships made on the story. there hasn't ever been a show that has caught my eyes. and i cant wait to collect the entire collection of it. the way the writers bring up the usual causalities and the normal every day dilemmas to the very outrageous and not so layman known diseases. they, the writers and creator, have done a lot of research on these shows. i am a nurse and believe me, i do look and do my own research on different traumas and diseases the have aired.

A pure definition of must-see TV!

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
16 July 2006

"ER," in my opinion, is a pure definition of must-see TV! Despite the fact that I've never seen every episode, I still enjoy it. It's hard to say which episode is my favorite. However, I get kind of squeamish whenever some accident victims are brought in. As a matter of fact, I think just about every single episode I've seen is touching. Everyone always gives a good performance, the production design is spectacular, the costumes are well-designed, and the writing is always very strong. In conclusion, even though it can also be seen in syndication now, I strongly recommend you catch it just in case it goes off the air for good.

who is that Inez nurse

Author: rjose-1 from United States
12 December 2005

I don't know. But i have seen this girl a few times now; I saw her in this magazine and now in the ER show. for some reason, something tells m that somethings about to pop off with this girl. good. we need some more Latin spice in TV. TV should reflect the diversity of this country, but the only disturbing thing is how they put characters to fulfill stereotypes. TV can be much better if thy challenge status quo...anyway, i like the ER show because of the diversity of doctors that are in the show... and, of course, the Latin spice that has been added recently is awesome...keep it up ER.hat is, keep increasing the Latinos in your show.

Like Family

Author: tolga009 from Turkey
22 November 2005

I just saw "All in the Family" episode last weekend, as we are pretty behind on ER in Turkey.

I watched the episode in total horror, and worried for Lucy and Carter, the whole way through. My eyes got teary as i wathced Benton giving his all, pouring his heart and truly passionately trying to save his favorite students being his mentor. My throat tied up at when Lucy whispered thank you to Weaver. I had goose bumps during the whole episode, as the nurses and doctors tried to save their friends...

Then I realised something. ER had become a part of our family. I sadly missed the episode where Ross left, and am missing Ross and his dry humor. But all of the others are also family... I deeply care for the characters as if they were real and I knew them..

This show definitely has heart and for all of us who have been there since day one, has become our family.

Please get the ER seasons out faster! PLEASE!

Author: pointerchic from United States
18 September 2005

I have been watching ER since the day it started when I was three years old. Ever since I have tried not to miss a day but up until these last two years I haven't been able to see them all because of Volleyball and Basketball. I have bought the first three complete seasons with the money that I work for on the weekends. I am planning on going on to college to be an ER nurse. Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be like Carol Hathaway and Susan Lewis. I thought they rocked, and I remember the day Sherry Stringfield left I cried, then George Clooney, then Julianna Margulies (that was the worst). I think the best episodes had to be the ones when Carol Hathaway and Doug Ross were together, or in other words liked each other. I wish the producers that are doing the DVD's would get them out a bit faster I want to buy the other seasons. It is sad I have watched the first three seasons like 4 times each and now I am just picking out the best ones. I wish I could have a chance just once to act on ER with the characters or just meet them. I would love that. I miss the old seasons they were the best but i hope ER continues to go on.

Jane Re-cast?

Author: thisirishgirl from United Kingdom
7 September 2005

Does anyone know who will be replacing Sara Gilbert as Jane in season 12?

The season 11 finale indicated Jane was one of the new interns for the next season but I then heard Gilbert had a pilot that got picked up so she's not returning. There were rumours of Mia Maestro (Alias) but it seems unlikely given them being so physically different IMO. I think however plays Jane needs that sarcastic turn of phrase that Sara does so well..it's pity she's leaving..the character has such great potential. It just seems odd that the new season is so close but nothing has been said either way. Any thoughts?

It's just the best drama series that has ever been on TV, period!

Author: dtksr1 from United States
20 May 2005

My wife and I constantly talk about the main story line of ER. When the drama first came in 1994, it was a collection of residents holding the fort down and here is John Carter, young, innocent, naive and very impressionable. Mark Greene would easily be picked as the lead character in the beginning. But after watching reruns, Mark is the "glue" that holds everything together. But I believe the evolution of John Carter is the real story here. And he is blended in so brilliantly with other characters it is hardly noticeable. Now that Carter is leaving the regular County General cast, it will be interesting to see where the series goes and how successful it stays true to its foundation. Sherry Stringfield is the only original regular left. Will her character be strong enough to carry the weight? Luka, Abbey and Pratt characters are going to have to help carry the load. Kerry Weaver unfortunately has been taken out of the main storyline. She might be the next to go bye bye. I think all of us fans are worried about character replacements, actor replacements and the fast-paced action seems to have slowed down. It's a shell to what the episodes used to be like. I don't think anyone will argue this point. It is real noticeable! Is 11-12 years enough for ER, even though Noah Wylie has a two year contract to play 8 new episodes. We have seen what happens to a popular series when too many changes have occurred. ER has hung in there, no doubt about it, with all the personal changes. Which actually brings me back to the real power John Carter has had on the series??? Maybe he has always been the real glue to all these wonderful seasons. We shall now see...won't we? PS. I would love seeing a book written on this series with the actors, the writers and producers points of views. Asking Noah Wylie a few less that imaginative questions on the Today show doesn't quite cut it. This series, it's actors and all deserve some real print!

Thrilling and spectacular

Author: jules4567 from United States
25 February 2005

I absolutely love ER. It is an excellent, thrilling, and suspenseful Drama and has inspired me.

I try to watch ER as much as I can, but during school I don't usually get the chance. However, I usually record it on my computer, I just can't get enough of it.

I just love the reality of the show, and the suspenseful situations, it makes ER one of my favorite shows.

I absolutely agree that the newer seasons are not as good as the earlier ones, and I missed Dr. Lewis when she left as well, and I was very upset when Dr. Greene passed away.. I actually cried, haha.