IMDb > Wayne's World 2 (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Not As Good As The Original, But Good None The Less

Author: Kyle Hodgdon from United States
11 November 2009

The crew of "Wayne's World 2" had a nearly impossible task of following up the amazingly successful "Wayne's World". Needless to say, this does not compare to the original.

However, this film is pretty good. Myers and Carvey are back with just as much wit and splendid timing as the original. This time they are opposed by the brilliance of Christopher Walken who, as usual, plays his part to a tee.

The plot of setting up a festival does not have the power of that of the original and I was not crazy with the Jim Morrison character.

The amount of cameos was a bit too extreme at time as what seemed like every other shot had some other famous person wanting to be part of the film.

You would think that a film like this would not be as good hearted as it is, but it really is just a good film on so many levels.

It's not a must see like it's predecessor, but I would still recommend it to anyone.

It's party time again!

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
18 November 2003

In 1992 we were given the comedy classic, Wayne's World, it was stupid, immature, and silly, but it's what we needed for a great laugh. Mike Myers comes up with a lot of creative characters and he hit the nail in the head with Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar. After the huge success of Wayne's World, it was pretty obvious that they could go for another round. Unfortunately Wayne's World 2 wasn't as big of a splash as the original, but it still made me laugh so hard. As stupid as it was and some of the jokes were a little recycled, I still had such a great time watching this movie. It's silly and over the top, but how could you not have fun with Wayne and Garth? This is a fun sequel that should be given a fair chance.

Wayne and Garth are a year older and everything has stayed basically the same, except Wayne has moved out of his parents' house and lives with Garth in an abandoned factory loft in Chicago. Wayne has a dream where he meets Jim Morrison and a weird naked Indian, in which Morrison tells Wayne that his destiny is to organize and put on a big concert. Cassandra, meanwhile, spends a lot of time out of town where she is working with record producer Mr. Big on recording music. Her new producer, Bobby Cahn, slowly tries to seduce her away from Wayne. After Wayne admits that he was spying on her, Cassandra breaks off the relationship and hastily gets engaged to Bobby on the rebound. Garth meets a beautiful woman, Honey Hornee, at the laundromat, and she quickly ropes him in with her charms. Wayne and Garth re-enter Wayne's previous dream and meet Jim Morrison again. They decide to go for one more try and make "Waynestock" a success, get Cassandra back, and see if Garth can find real love since his new girl is kinda homicidal.

Honestly if someone asked me if Wayne's World 2 is worth the watch, I'd definitely say yes. This is always guaranteed a good laugh, just Garth's story alone with Kim Bassinger as Honey Hornee is worth the look. I also love the scene where the guys end up in a gay bar and end up singing "Y.M.C.A." song, I nearly died laughing. Also Christopher Walken is in this movie, what more do you need to watch a movie? Christopher was such a great addition to the characters and made a great villain. It was great to see all the characters back together and this was a fun sequel, so if you need a good laugh, don't hold back, this is a movie that is sure to tickle you're funny bone.

One of the few sequels that is better than the original!

Author: Christopher Smith
17 June 2004

One of the biggest hits of 1992, the original WAYNE'S WORLD is a definite classic and is one of the funniest movies of 1990's, but I am not a big fan of sequels so I tried to avoid watching WAYNE'S WORLD 2 for a while. Eventually, I finally got around to watching WAYNE'S WORLD 2 and found it to be surprisingly better than the original. Part of the reason the movie succeeds is because it has one of the greatest casts in movie history with appearances by Christopher Walken, Heather Locklear, Bob Odenkirk, Robert Smigel, Kevin Pollak, Kim Basinger, Chris Farley, Drew Barrymore, Ted McGinley, Tim Meadows, Jay Leno, Charlton Heston, Ed O'Neill, and Aerosmith. I'm not saying that a good cast automatically makes a movie great, but in this case, it certainly helps.

The gags in WAYNE'S WORLD 2 are definitely more random and bizarre than the ones in the original, making it even more fun than I expected it to be. Some of these random jokes don't work as well as they should, though overall it's still a hilarious movie that is good to watch with your friends. ***1/2

Much better than the first one

Author: Cass1us
14 October 2000

I thought Wayne's World 2 was much funnier than the first one. The jokes are much better as is the storyline which is unusual for a sequel. I think this is one of Mike Myers best ever films and probably the funniest he's ever been in. The great thing is, you don't even have to watch the first film to understand what goes on in the second film either. A fantastic film full of great jokes and if you don't laugh, you can't be human.

One of the greatest sequels

Author: joe_bassist89 from United Kingdom
17 January 2006

In general, sequels tend not to be such a good idea. There are many examples where a sequel has been utter rubbish and it is rare that a sequel can match up to its original, even if it is a good film. However, every so often a sequel comes along that can match its counterpart and even have some better points. Wayne's World 2 is a prime example of this.

Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are back as Wayne and Garth and this time the embark on a quest to stage a concert in Aurora after Wayne is visited in dream by an all time great of the music world. Another strong plot and some great new characters to go with the originals make this film very watchable and there are possible even more laugh out loud funny moments than before.

A very good, funny film that does justice to the great original

Party On.

Author: JMG-2
29 October 1999

I think this movie is pretty underrated. I think it was just as funny as the first one the movie was very funny. Every scene from the Village People spoof to the scenes with Jim Morrisson and the naked indian to anything involving Garth and Honey Hornee(bodacious Kim Basinger) and the scene were Wayne fights with Cassandra's father(the movie's highlight) were just hilarious. I found this to be a most excellent sequel and I'm just hoping that Mike Myers someday makes a third one he probably won't do that now since he is milking Austin Powers to death. Anyhow this is one of the better SNL based movies out there along with the first "Wayne's World","Coneheads" and "The Blues Brothers" and I reccomend it to anyone looking for a good laugh.

Good Sequel

Author: cosmicstallion from Melbourne, Australia
22 May 2001

This is a good sequel to the original film. The part that stands out in this that i loved is when Wayne and Cassandra's father fight. I have always loved martial arts movie spoofs and this is funny. From the impossible kicks to the poorly dubbed voice of Cassandra's father. All the other characters from the original reunite for this good sequel. It will have u in stiches.

How Is This Movie a 6 out of 10!?!?!?!?

Author: joerowling
27 April 2013

I am shocked to find that this classic movie is so poorly reviewed. This movie is very funny and has fantastic cameos. I know that many people have a real hate on for Mike Meyers which I don't particularly understand. I do think that the Austin Powers Series is overrated but still good. The first Wayne's World is a great movie. The sequel is one of the best comedy movies ever made. If you don't like comedies don't waste your time, that is pretty simple. If you like to laugh give this movie a try. The cameos alone are quite impressive. Couple that with the great writing that reminds me of The Simpsons in the earlier best years they had, and add in great comedic actors and you have a comedy classic that is worth watching.

still not bad

Author: steve layne
6 October 1999

but like the original this movie doesn't have much laughs,but once again the characters make the movie fun. i iike this one about the same as the original,but for some reason i watch this movie a lot more than the original. i guess maybe more memorable scenes than the first one,im not sure. both wayne's world movies could be even better if they had more laughs,but like i said the characters make it fun,and watchable. both plots for the two wayne's world movies are not as dumb as the plots in the two austin powers movies. but both austin powers movies had a lot more laughs. but the wayne's world movies are still fun. i give wayne's world 2 **1/2 out of ****

lol

Author: Ash-is-evil from United Kingdom
4 April 2006

I recently bought this film, I'm a long time fan of Waynes World 1 and 2. Bit disappointed that the DVD didn't have any extras but i can settle for just owning this film. My favourite parts of the film are the parts with Jim Morrison (mainly because I'm a huge fan of The Doors).

Wayne: "Who are you?" Jim: "Im Jim Morrison" Wayne: "Who's he?" Jim: "..A weird naked Indian" Wayne: "Cool"

Also i like the bit when Dell Preston is showing the groupies the machine gun turrets on the stage model. Funny and exciting this is one of the very few sequels i like. recommended to any fan of Mike Myers work.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]