IMDb > Silent Cries (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Silent Cries More at IMDbPro »

My own early life story...the beginning! Cool!

Author: jack-kempen from New Zealand
18 June 2008

This movie could and almost appears to be the story of my own early life.

I was born on Sumatra in 1942 in an internment camp very much like that.

These characters seem to be all English and American.

My family were already living in Sumatra and were of Dutch nationality.

The storyline is almost identical of the experiences told to me by my mother, grand mother and aunts who were all in the same camp.

I was the only child born in that camp (A boy also) during that same period...Spooky!

It almost looks like a biography of the first 3 years of my own life.

Brilliant movie!!

I saw it first on TV about ten years ago.

I would like to get some more information on the origin of the script written for this excellent movie.

I also like to get hold of a copy.

Where and how please!

Jack Kempen

delicate

Author: Armand from Romania
13 November 2012

subject. delicate way to say a painful story. and precise art of details. women in Japanese camp. Warld War II. South - East Asia. and levels of survive in difficult conditions. it is a book adaptation. a testimony. but, in fact, it can be more. a delicate manner to present a page of history. a precise exercise about fundamental values. and impressive portrait of woman, far of definition or stereotypes. so, it is not perfect. but it is remarkable. for extraordinary acting, for taste of blood, tears and dust, for small miracles, for fight against evil aspects, for the art to not transform all in Manichean picture. I do not know it is a good movie. this fact is not real important. but the images of sufferance and each act of courage and hope presented in this film is touching and good occasion to refection.