IMDb > Schindler's List (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Schindler's List

Schindler's List More at IMDbPro »

Page 12 of 128: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [Next]

Every actor was awesome, also helped along with the real survivors of Schilder's List on-set helping the movie become as real as possible.

Author: CherylNewmanAndCheriNickens from United States
13 June 2015

This movie is real! The holocaust did happen! Watching it in a theatre for the for first time, the audience was completely silent as the credits rolled at the end with only a few leaving. When I composed myself enough to get to the car, I burst out crying. My grandfather escaped the Warsaw ghetto (he died shortly after I was born). My father who was older than my mother, grew up, in part, in a Japanese prison camp and was stamped (he went away when I was 10). So while you'd think I'd know more about my heritage and all my family killed in Poland by the Germans, I do not. I only heard bits and pieces. So when I saw it come together in a way that only Stephen Spielberg can do, it hit me--hard. My family endured this and only a few survived. I believe regardless of heritage, that everyone should see this film to know what could happen in the future-again. The fact is, it is happening today in North Korea where daily acts of unspeakable cruelty happen. It's a must see film for the acting, the authenticity and the truth. NEVER FORGET!

Never forget!

Author: sisand58 from Denmark
8 June 2015

The best film ever ~ a terrible time in World History that we never never ever forget! The millions of fates touches me to tears every time I see the movie and listens to the Soundtrack-01 Theme by John Williams from Schindler's List. Liam Neeson,Ben Kingsley,Embeth Davidtz and all the other Actor's performanc is just outstanding! The Schindler's List Soundtrack-08 Auschwitz-Birkenau by Ellijah De Leon gives me the shiver, because while listening to this, I can feel the agony and torture of the Jews that never deserved to suffer so horribly ~ without the World doing enough. So~I can not say it enough ~ Always Always remember and honor the millions because their fate deserves to be told! "He who saves one life saves the world entire!" Talmud!

Oscar Schindler's legacy

Author: renardariel from United States
5 June 2015

This movie explains what happened to so many of the Jews during World War II. It takes an inside look at what really happened while they were in the camps. Also, how disrespect to any German soldier or any one that was loyal to Hitler resulted in extreme punishment. Extreme punishments such as death were not uncommon. Schindler, in the beginning, was only trying to make money. As the war went on he realized what was really going on in the factor. As he grew closer to his workers in his factory, he didn't want to make money anymore, he just wanted to save them from the death of the war. He began to spend the money he had to buy the workers back from the camps and tried to save as many as possible, he became broke by the end of the war. Before leaving his workers at he end of the war, he cried because he felt guilty because he felt like if he sold his car and some of his belongings, he cold have saved even more lives. Oscar Schindler, was known as a savior to the Jews during and long after the war.

Masterpiece. Does it even need saying?

Author: giligara30492 from Bogotá, Colombia
15 May 2015

Precious little to say about this masterpiece. It depicts everything with raw, meticulous, explicit simplicity -- the unthinkable suffering of the Jewish people, the inhuman cruelty of their oppressors, the heroism of some and cowardice of others... It is the perfect juxtaposition of the very depths atrocity and the light of kindness and empathy and altruism and hope. "I could have saved one more." Gets me every time. Liam Neeson did Schindler justice. We see the compassion develop in his face and it is amazing. In short, you cannot die without watching this film. P.S. Itzhak Perlman is my idol and to have John Williams come up with the music for him was sheer magic.

A real masterpiece war history

Author: sof_gr from Greece
18 April 2015

Although I had heard and read some of the best reviews for this movie, I have to admit that, initially, the first hour of this film seemed boring to me. Then I realized that the facts on that part of the film had to be referred so that we can understand and connect right the facts of the entire story. The interpretation of the main characters was of course astonishing. The murders and executions of the German Nazi were just as they had to be, not fake or incorrect. The finishing of the film was one of the best parts or scenes as the reality meets the directed. It is surely one of the greatest films in the history of the cinema and everyone should watch this because humanity, honesty and justice are honored.

A Tug At The Heart

Author: Projectiondreams Audio Video interiors from Portugal
31 March 2015

Spielberg has oft been criticised for sugary and formulaic Movies-this is no different except it's an offering for adults.

Yes,its overlong and boring in parts..in fact it doesn't come to life until the appearance of Mr Fiennes as the psychotic camp commandant.

But from then,its a superb film and the end scene breaks hearts and lives in your memory forever.

The haunting musical score,especially the lead tune played on the violin fits perfectly.

Watch this and forget authenticity,the real Schindler was nothing like Neeson's portrayal.

Magnificent and Unforgettable masterpiece

Author: chris from Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
10 March 2015

I can't believe I waited until the age of 29 years old to finally watch a movie I had been planning to view for years but never got around to. I knew that the story would exert an emotional toll on me but I finally found my chance to watch it through last week and it was worth the wait. This is magnificent and emotional viewing. Based on an inspiring true story that is enough to restore one's faith in mankind. The acting all round is incredible. Neeson is understated - although I have read that he wasn't entirely happy with his performance in hindsight. Kingsley was even more understated. Ralph Fiennes was simply incredible. Totally twisted, believably merciless - he portrays exactly what you would expect of a debauched, unapologetic and excessive Nazi. The overall mood is extremely sad. Some of the scenes that depicted actual events that happened in our world, by human beings - are utterly gut wrenching, heartless and terrifying. The horror of the mass shower scene was an unforgettable experience - by not showing what you expected to see - it seemed to create even more empathy with the helpless fear of the situation. To tackle such historical atrocity is a monumental task indeed. Schindler's list shows us every side to the events that shook, and still continue to shake the world. The horror, the senselessness, the bravery, the hope, the fear, the courage, the evil. The greatest purpose of all that this exceptional movie serves - we must never forget what happened. There are some things that can never be forgotten or forgiven. And there are some people, like Oskar Schindler, whose actions carry a weight that will never be forgotten by all of those who's lives were saved. A remarkable movie about an inspirational man.

It looks, without ever averting its gaze, at the darkest of the dark.

Author: Ayush Shishodia from India
11 January 2015

In Schindler's List, children - Steven Spielberg's long-favored vehicles for expressions of hope and sunny confidence about humanity's future - rush toward an ominous line of waiting trucks.

In their exuberant innocence, the youngsters wave a farewell whose finality they cannot know as their parents stand helpless, paralyzed by the horror of what awaits their offspring. Like many scenes in Schindler's List, this parting becomes more than an indelible, wrenching moment of shared pain. It is rendered with a restraint and a prodigious film making technique that transform an image into an act of scarcely bearable communion for the audience. The empty uplift seems contrived after the devastating power of what precedes it. But this coda does not detract from a testament in which a man finds redemption in saving others, and a director at the height of his art preserves the past with magisterial authority and conviction.

War vs. Humanity

Author: bl sharma from India
7 January 2015

This movie explains the most i.e. Humanity expects something in real sense. Only words or showing emotions are not enough. one has to give one,s 100% to save humanity. This is shown in this movie. How a person had given in a war situation. This is the example for peoples who thinks to prefer the War over and above anything in the World. The script, story , visuals, scenes are looking real and heart taking. This is the best movies ever I have seen in War category. Thanks all Actors, Producer and Director. Story of a real person who became unlikely humanitarian amid the barbaric Nazi reign and managed to save about 1100 Human from being gassed at the Auschwitz concentration camp, it is a testament for the good in all of us.

An excellent movie by a brilliant director

Author: prashant ranjan from India
16 December 2014

Schindler's list is undoubtedly a great movie of all times. It depicts the most inhumane crimes of human history, the holocaust. The movie has everything you want to see in a good one. brilliant acting,stunning cinematography,Excellent direction and above all a real life story. I had watched this movie when i was 15. This movie had lasting effect on my mind and the scenes kept on moving in my mind for many days particularly the seen in which amon shoots the workers from his terrace like animals. The scene itself was so disturbing to watch as a kid. The film is a must watch for who looks for a movie with difference but its also a worth watching. Its one of the best Spielberg movie.