IMDb > Scam (1993) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Scam (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Warm like Jamaican Rum

Author: nonie mousse (nonyz@hotmail.com) from Hongkong
28 October 1999

It's strange how the least known movies sometimes end up amongst the best you've seen. This movie has all the elements of a standard modern day thriller, guns, techno, baddies, cash, etc, and yet it stands out from your average Hollywood also-ran. I would credit this to two very charismatic people. Christopher Walken has a cool confidence and Lorraine Bracco is one of the warmest and sexiest women I've ever seen on screen. Another major reason why this film stands out is coz the setting shifts to Jamaica after the beginning. The Jamaican resort is so beautiful you'll wish you were there sitting by the pool at night, with a Run'n'Coke. . . .I know I did. I'm very glad I saw this movie - it was just too nice to miss!

A Tale of 2 Scammers makes a very watchable TV movie. 7/10

Author: David Thomas from Surrey, England
23 February 1999

A quite easy to watch tale of 2 thieves, with that love/hate type relationship between them. Chrisopher Walken stars and is very good as the silent rogue with a scam bigger than he's letting on.

Surprisingly good

Author: jyanagi from Seattle, WA
22 June 2002

Finding this piece sandwiched between a stale prequel and a rehashed 80s machomovie on a UPN affiliate's midday Saturday program would be misleading. It deserves better and definitely uses its talented leads' best attributes to its maximum advantage. Bracco and Walken team to provide a movie that while perhaps predictable to those familiar with their genre, do the streetwise, 'troubled minds' routine that they are so good at portraying. For a chance to ride a psychological roller coaster a la Fuqua's "Training Day," dive back into the world of early '90s TV movies to find "Scam"!

PRETTY GOOD FILM

Author: bazdol from THE MIDWEST
27 July 1999

The Amazon.com site tells me that this excellent film is no longer being distributed. Poor sales, I suppose, too bad. I picked up my copy at a for sale cheap table at a supermart.

It's always a pleasure to see Ms. Brocco, the psychiatrist from the HBO Sopranos at work. She is attractive and sexy, albeit a bit stoop shouldered.

Wonderful little movie... that nobody has heard of

Author: marks_georgann from United States
16 October 2009

I LOVED this movie. You can't buy it, rent it, or find it... but it's a keeper.

Wonderful chemistry between Braccho and Walken... and Ferrar....

Terrific non stop action and reactions.... loved it.

I've watched my pirated copy maybe 6 times in the last decade... each time showing it to someone who never heard of it.

Find this movie and watch it.

So many films are on TV over and over again - without any of the wit and style of this little film.

I didn't know it was made for TV... my copy is an 8 track I pirated years ago... I hope it lasts.

Well paced, funny, suspenseful – excellent entertainment

Author: manuel-pestalozzi from Zurich, Switzerland
6 March 2006

Watching this little movie is a sheer delight from start to finish. The story is always entertaining, the tension never loosing up. The whole cast is wonderful. The teaming of Walken and Bracco works to perfection, it is almost like an echo of a classic screwball romance. Bracco is very sexy and really funny as the scam artist who fights for her independence. For some reason they gave Walken a very strange make up and the weirdest haircut I can imagine – it's sort of a parody of the one Burt Lancaster had in Elmer Gantry. For me it added to the pleasure. It's the first movie I saw Miguel Ferrer in, probably one of the most under-appreciated movie actors of his generation. He's very good in a small role as Bracco's pimp. Even the Jamaican thugs are a sight to behold. I can highly recommend this movie.

Great because of Christopher Walken

Author: pro-andy from Helsingborg, Sweden
14 March 1999

This film was a great TV-film. Great acting by Christopher Walken (as usual) and Miguel Ferrer. Lorraine Bracco was OK. This film had many surprises. It was entertaining all the time. Great film for a night at home.Great acting,great story and as I said many surprises make this movie to a very good one. If Christopher Walken would not have taken this role I think Chazz Palmintieri or perhaps Mel Gibson should have been good as Jack Shanks.

Who's scamming who? Who cares? ..................

Author: merklekranz from United States
12 September 2012

This is a classic case of a movie being way too difficult for the viewer to follow, leading to confusion and ultimately lost interest. Characters are introduced with absolutely no background, and the editing is so choppy that you will swear large chunks of the film are missing. I'm sure Christopher Walken, Lorraine Bracco, and Miguel Ferrer enjoyed their Jamaican vacation while shooting, but piling on twists just for the hell of it only enhances confusion rather than entertainment value. Proceed with caution because you are likely to become bewildered. This movie proves that the presence of Walken, does not always guarantee a good film. - MERK