IMDb > Married People, Single Sex (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Married People, Single Sex More at IMDbPro »

Better Than The Sequel

Author: S. J. Lewis (i0_9@hotmail.com) from SE PA
22 October 2000

Half erotica, half quasi-documentary, this movie purports to show the angst of three married couples. Think of "thirtysomething" as a cable show. I didn't find any of the characters sympathetic or even very interesting, except for the one played by Wendi Westbrook, who wants her husband to be more creative in their sex life. Clod that he is, he refuses her every attempt to spice things up until she decides to get into a D/s relationship with a man introduced to her by her friend. Ms. Westbrook is very easy to look at, and in scenes ONLY available in the unrated version, seems to be trying to make up for years of frustration in the space of a week. The R-rated version is a complete waste of time though.

Not nearly as bad as you'd expect

Author: smatysia (feldene@comcast.net) from Houston
7 June 2011

Well, this film isn't nearly as bad as you would expect from the genre and from the extremely low score. Yes, there are some really silly things in the script, but not as many as you might expect. The production values are average, not noticeably great or cheesy. But what struck me, was the quality of the acting. We've all seen terrible actors ham through emotional roles. But almost every actor and actress in this small cast did some gut-wrenching scenes, as well as sex scenes, which so often look so fake. Special kudos to Darla Slavens and Wendi Westbrook for real acting skills. (While looking very nice, too) I expected gag reflex from watching this film, but it really wasn't the case.

Mike Sedan is a scumbag

Author: andrewthurman from United States
6 August 2006

I worked on this move for deferred payment and of course never got a dime. It burns my ass every time I see it running on late night cable now 13 years later. Sedan is a scumbag.

BTW when you see the actors all together having a big bowl of party mix together - watch for the reaction when they notice something wrong, i.e. a little MeowMix added!

A lesson to anyone starting out in Hollywood. Don't do any deferred projects. The production company will sell out the rights to a distributer who will finish the picture and you will never get paid and non paying jobs don't do you any good on your resume.

I was young and learned my lesson!

Ideas That Should Stay Under the Sheets.

Author: tfrizzell from United States
12 June 2004

Early-1990s yuppies complain constantly in a documentary style format about their marriages and constant thoughts of infidelity and sexual fantasies (with some of each coming to fruition). Sleekly disguised soft-core mess is just a cop-out to get its leads in would-be erotic situations with mediocre results. All the performers are cardboard cutout caricatures that seemingly only come to life when something sexual is involved. Silly ploys by the screenwriter and the director are as dry as a long walk in the desert with no water in sight. Do yourself and a favor and avoid completely. This is a terribly weak disaster that does not even stand very tall in its obscure sub-genre. Turkey (0 stars out of 5).