IMDb > Leprechaun (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Leprechaun

Leprechaun More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Get "Lucky" with Jennifer Aniston!

Author: alexduffy2000 (alexduffy2000@yahoo.com) from Hollywood, USA
2 April 2004

"Leprechaun" is Jennifer Aniston's only big screen appearance before she became a star on "Friends", and WOW! she looks hot! I'm not a fan of hers, and I've never watched "Friends", but she is drop-dead gorgeous in this film, 23 or 24 years old and just beautiful! Oh yeah, there's a leprechaun in this movie too...

I really liked this cheap, low-budget B horror flick. It's bad, but I'll be darned if it's not engaging and compulsively watchable. Much of the credit has to go to Warwick Davis, the evil leprechaun. It's not that he's particularly clever or funny, but he's very engaging, and in spite of myself, I kept wanting to see where he'd pop up next, even when it was predictable. I want more Leprechaun, luckily(?) there's another 5 movies to watch in the series. This film is the truest definition of "It's so bad it's good" that I've come across in recent memory. A lot of fun!

funny

Author: pirateonweekends from United States
13 June 2005

this is one of those movies that is meant to be scary, but really is not. i just happen to love that kind of movie. it's great for sitting down and watching with a group of friends for a good laugh. they figured this out later when making more leprechaun movies and not even trying to make them scary. i love the leprechaun series. warwick davis is my hero. if you're up for a good laugh, i suggest getting a group of your friends together and watching this. you must have a good sense of humor and an open mind. if you enjoy this, watch the rest of them. they get more outrageous as they go. i don't recommend this to people who do not find joy in watching silly movies.

Well, at least this series gave Warwick Davis steady employment.

Author: Aaron1375
20 February 2004

This movie is not very good, but it is not entirely bad either. It has its moments, though overall it is rather stupid. What we get here is a killer leprechaun so what does one expect? A leprechaun who constantly says "I want mi gold". Not an unreasonable request for the most part, though he does tend to go a little overboard with the killings to get what was stolen from him. Then again he proves to be quite civil if you return his property, unless you short change him. This made me almost pull for the leprechaun to chop open the moron who just had to swallow a piece of the leprechaun's gold. This is not a great or even a good movie, but there is enough in here to at least be entertained for an hour and a half. Plus, Jennifer Aniston is in it too.

Forget about Willow!

Author: insomniac_rod from Noctropolis
29 August 2005

One of the most popular Horror flicks from the 90's. It's as bad as you have heard but accomplishes on the entertaining factor for B-movie lovers. If you're a Horror fan you might have not seen this one, but for sure you have at least heard of it. It's cheesy, yes but it's entertaining. At least there's some gore, and a likable villain in the style of Freedy Krueger. The plot is cheesy but easy to follow. You have the ingredients to spend 90 minutes of popcorn fun.

Now, this one could work as an actual regular PG-13 low budget Horror movie. The Slasher genre was dead by then but Leprechan remains as one of the efforts to generate life to the genre.

Watch out for a young and very, very cute Jenifer Aniston and a devilish performance by Warwick Davies.

Horror movie, not short on laughs!

Author: eye-sea from United Kingdom
29 September 2006

Other members of the IMDb may have rated this "1", and that's up to them, but I thought Leprechaun was a real fun horror movie.

I have seen the other films in this series but the first was entertaining.

Low on budget yes, but never boring and always whimsical. Warwick Davis, the small actor who plays the leprechaun, is very good in this role, as he is in all his movies.

He may be lacking in height but not talent.

A brilliant performance by him, and even Jennifer Aniston isn't that bad, and I usually find her a turn off in movies.

Humour, horror, and lots of pace. I gave it 7 out of 10.

Worthless as horror, very entertaining as a comedy.

Author: gridoon
6 January 2003

This movie is not scary in the slightest, unrealistic in the extreme, frequently embarrassing (watch the scene where all the characters take turns hitting the poor leprechaun over the head with whatever they are holding), and, above all, very entertaining! The acting and dialogue are above-average for the genre (a policeman pulls the leprechaun over - in his toy car: "Hey, aren't you a bit too young to be driving around at this time of day. The leprechaun responds: "Well, I AM 600 years old!"), and the action never lets up. (**1/2)

it skims that line between being a bad exploitation flick and an uproarious horror-comedy movie with glee

Author: MisterWhiplash from United States
31 January 2007

I wont ever get anything worthwhile as far as true scares with Leprechaun. Maybe if I were younger the effect would be with a stronger, stranger response, because the make-up- which is extremely well-crafted- and the un-hinged demented brilliance of Warwick Davis could be creepy for a kid. As an adult, however, a LOT of this is quite silly, the kind of flick that might've been presented as the St. Patrick's Day special on the grind-house circuit back in the 70s. Which means that what it lacks in any sort of quality and carries with idiot characters, it does a good enough job of making up for it as a comedy. There's next to no real character development at all, but who needs with then with a little green man running around...excuse me, riding around (on a variety of little goofy vehicles). The writer's make a self-conscious effort to make it in a predictable style, at least at first (they also waste no time getting to the Leprechaun at the start). The director Mark Jones makes shallow attempts for 'different' angles at times (lets do a quick tilt here, a little extra grand-guignol there), but it's really the Warwick Davis show at the end of the day, and the crazy situations that come out of his dogged attempt at one thing- his pot of gold!

A funnier side too is just suddenly seeing the name Jennifer Ansiton in the opening credits- a first time acting job that feels very much like one. She and the rest of the main human characters are pretty standard as somehow able enough to stay on their toes with such a wretched little s.o.b., but it goes without saying you'll come across the very inane dialog exchange or just tepid moment of "acting" (Mark Holton as Ozzie is an example of this). Meanwhile, the Leprechaun rides his tricycles and scooters, and sometimes runs like hell (in truly over-the-top action sequences), and its usually a gas if not entirely workable as horror. Whatever cheap thrills do come around, its never anything totally exciting. But I wouldn't trade some of the Leprechaun's classically mad turns of phrasing ("This old Lep, he played one. He played pogo on his lung"). That little near 4 foot ball of comedic bravado makes the picture somewhat memorable, and I'm sure I'd have fun again watching it again some time soon. Cleverest bit of old-time cliché logic: the Leprechaun's ability to talk in other voices ala the Terminator as a trick on those around the corner. 6.5/10

first is best

Author: colinwhitefan
24 May 2003

I found the original Leprechaun the best and its not even that great which should tell you about the multiple sequels. I see Leprechaun 6 is coming out which doesn't amaze me one bit, 10 years 6 sequels and one bad series of films. I would watch this one the original, but I wouldn't waste time watching those sequels unless you really want too. Robert Gorman a very underrated child actor does a great job along with Mark Holton another actor who has flown under the radar. Leprechaun has a lot of stupid, crude, and silly things, but I think you would like this original.

I'm still laughing on the floor!

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
24 November 2003

Leprechaun is actually, in my opinion, a fun horror movie with great comedy and some spooky scares. I know that this movie is beyond silly, but I think sometimes you need a villain that doesn't take himself too seriously, this movie made fun of leprechauns along with making it into an interesting horror movie. Come on, you have got to admit that that little leprechaun was one scary looking creature! Warwick Davis is just so awesome, I don't get how you could not love him, or be scared of him as the Leprechaun.

Leprechaun is about a daughter and a father move into an old house where the previous owner has gone insane and trapped a leprechaun in the house they moved into. The one thing that is keeping the leprechaun in the box is a four leaf clover. Jennifer Anniston in one of her earliest roles is a prissy Beverly Hills girl who meets Nathan, a hunky carpenter who is helping them out with the house, and his two friends Ozzie, a mentally challenged man and his little brother, Alex. When Ozzie goes down to the basement, he accidentally knocks the clover off the create, the leprechaun escapes! He also wants his pot of gold that Ozzie and Alex found and will kill to get it!

I know there are some major cheesy scenes, but they are just so laughable, you know, like the so bad it's good type of thing? I think that's why Leprechaun is a cult classic and a guilty pleasure for most. You just need to have fun and not take it so seriously as a horror movie. Warwick Davis is just a great leprechaun and he made it into a fun franchise!

You have to appreciate stupid horror movies to like this one

Author: kraziken from Seattle
5 May 2002

This movie is rather ridiculous and predictable. First of all, understand, that there are absolutely no scary scenes in this movie. I don't think this movie would even scare me as a kid.

I love horror movies, and heard a lot about leprechaun, so I thought I'd give it a look. If you are looking for a scare, I'd recommend that you pass this movie up. However, it may be worth while to watch for a couple of reasosn.

Pure curiousity may be worth it as it is kind of funny. It can be boring to you if you don't appreciate this genre. Jennifer Aniston is awfully cute in this movie. I personally thought it was worth while just for that.

If you have fast internet access, I recommend you check out www.cinemanow.com

You can view Leprechaun for free as it is one of their free movie offerings.

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]