IMDb > Indecent Proposal (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 10 of 12: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Indecent movie

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
20 May 2004

Ever watch a couple you know will never last. Well that is how I felt about the couple in this movie. Redford, was not likeable, and maybe none of the people where. Movie makes you feel dirty watching it, just like the people should. Chemisrty problem or just the idea is what I find wrong with this film. Just another movie, with no feeling. Like the one night stand in this film. This movie's cold like 1 day cold KFC, but doesn't tast as good when you get that KFC out of the fridge for breakfast. 4 or 5 out of 10. Hey, order the chiken, but skip the movie. My wife, hates the KFC, but I love it, Maybe get Kramer form that TV show to play Redford next time.

loose ends

Author: nitratestock35 from Portugal
4 September 2003

Just saw the movie again and I was surprised to see so many loose ends.

Here are just a few:

Why is Robert Redford's character gambling so high? It can only be occasionally - which would make the encounter between him and the bankrupt loving couple a coincidence. If he does it on a regular basis: 1)even as a billionaire he will be poor in no time, 2) he is a compulsive gambler - why? Lost love maybe?

Why did Redford pick Demi? Late into the movie he tells a story of a lost love. 1) does he - as a billionaire - have more right to find the right woman for his life) 2) How does he think Demi Moore will feel? As a replacement for what he remembers every single day? People who saw the movie will know what I mean.

And last but not least: if you love someone that much, you will never sell her (or him) out - ever. period.

The only thing making this movie worthwhile are the actors. Strong performances from everyone - it just doesn't make the slightest sense since almost every single action contradicts itself seconds after.

One last comment: the soundtrack (sorry, didn't bother to look up who composed it) was really bad. Listen and you will agree.

Well, here we have a soap opera turned into an overlong film.

Author: Draxx from Toronto, Canada
20 April 1999

This film is notable for some above average acting and snobby environment. It tried hard to be an emotional experience, but failed in that department. It attempted to make people believe that if a woman loves a man that she will not sleep with another man no matter what's at stake. I don't think this conclusion is perfect, however. First of all, one million bucks for one night is a whole lot of money, and for this cheque I would sleep with a dead cat... If she really loves him, Robert Redford cannot win her heart no matter what he does. The fact that the marriage was so shaken up after the incident only showed flaws in their relationship.

OK but unrealistic

Author: daniel-mcgarry from United States
10 June 2009

I'm only writing a review to share the humorist Erma Bombeck's observation.

In one of her last columns before her passing, she mentioned that she and her husband had gone to see this movie.

As they were driving home, her husband asked "Well? Would you?" "Would I what?" she asked.

"Would you sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars?" "It depends," she said.

Her husband was shocked. "DEPENDS?" he choked. "Depends on WHAT?" "Depends on whether he'd let me make monthly payments..." she replied.

I passed root beer through my nose when I read that - had to share.

Would love to see it again and again

Author: Vinod Sharma from India
4 April 2006

I saw this movie on TV (was it on Star Movies or HBO?) In fact the title did not appeal to me.I really could not make out the meaning of the title. I must have missed watching the movie for at least five times when one day I decided I must watch the movie. And I did watch and really enjoyed it - title notwithstanding. The story of the movie was indeed mind boggling, more so myself being from India. For a number of days, I kept wondering whether such a thing was possible. Believe me, I never saw the three main characters before or may be I did not remember any one of them. To me, the personality of Robert Redford was quite appealing. In future, if I know of some movie that has Redford in it, it will undoubtedly become a must-see movie for me. I must have talked about the movie with a number of chat friends in USA and found a majority of them had not seen the movie. But the ones who had seen, had words of praise for it. I will look forward to watching the movie again since now I know the story and also know the main actors by their real and reel names. A wonderful movie by any standards.

That proposal as a concept is more interesting than the movie

Author: Shaolin_Apu from Seinäjoki, Finland
26 May 2007

"Lend your wife for one night and take a million in return? Does it sound fair?" I'm sure people will talk more about the proposal itself than the feature film, and that does not really make a favor to the film. This only leads to a conclusion that the film should have been better, and it should perhaps have taught us something more. The couple in the film do consider the proposal, for approving this deal would remove their acute need of money, but neither of the couple doesn't really look too smart to make the best decision.

It looks interesting in the beginning but then it does, really nothing. Demi Moore looks gorgeous at least but the point also is lost too quickly, perhaps it is because Robert Redford looks better than the husband who's only angry all the time and doesn't even dress well. There will not happen any great twists in the story, it only gets lame and then dies off before we see the sudden and a bit unexpected mellow ending.

Is this worth one million dollars?

Author: David (Davideren@hotmail.com) from UK
1 July 2002

When this film first came out it was marketed as a steamy drama and, sad as it may be, Demi Moore's body played a major part in the studio's marketing plan.

Now i've got nothing against that but the really worrying thing is that this film seems a little bit tame by current standards. The steam appears to have well and truly dissipated into very thin air. That's not to say this film isn't watchable, because it is. The tearing apart of the happy couple in Las vagas and the hollywood ending makes for a pretty entertaining night's viewing.

My Rating: 6/10

The worst movie i've ever watched!!

Author: gipsytony3 from Palestine
20 January 2008

Its is a time-wasting movie with no value ... Millionaires are assholes and this movie pictures the millionaire as a man with a heart .. Millionaires are animals .. they do not have hearts . they think they can buy everything with their money, even happiness and love and this is exactly where this movie tries in a disgusting way to prove them right .. Even her return to her man at the end comes after the millionaire's blessing :-) .. i mean nth in the entire movie happened against the millionaire's wish .. he got what he wanted whenever he wanted and even left away whenever he chooses, even love and happiness .. which is untrue and doesn't reflect any reality .. I BET U CAN FIND A HAPPY MILLIONAIRE .. SUCH A MAN DOESN'T EXIST .. THESE PEOPLE ARE MISERABLE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T EXPERIENCE LOVE OR HAPPINESS ..

General Hospital is better than this

Author: gigotu from Dallas
29 April 2006

Demi Moore proves once again that she cannot act her way out of a pretty paper bag. It was painful to watch her try to be serious in this movie. Woody Harrelson does a bit more credible job of delivering sappy, unintentionally funny lines with a straight face, but there's not much he could have done with lines that seemed like rejects from a daytime soap opera.

The saddest thing about this movie, however, is that the once true film star in the group, Robert Redford, was reduced to accepting such a ridiculous role. It must have been strictly a money thing for him because, if he actually saw any artistic merit in playing this role, then he has truly been out in the sun way too long.

The most satisfying aspect of watching this movie was the fact that I didn't waste a dime to see it - just a little time.

Very Moving

Author: folkpoet80 from USA
17 December 2004

I can't believe the comments that IMDb has featured. The user seems like a high school drop-out with no sense for a good movie. The whole movie was moving with Woody Harrelson over-shadowing everyone else. Demi Moore was alright and Redford steals the lime-light when he recalls the train incident from 30 years ago. I think the main scoring point of the movie was when Woody comes to meet Demi and Redford at the end of the movie. Those 10 minutes of the movie were the best and make their make their mark undoubtedly. The song by Roy Orbison at the end was powerful to the movie. Soundtrack was superb!! I highly recommend this movie!!!!

Page 10 of 12: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]