IMDb > Indecent Proposal (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 9 of 12: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Polo Marco

Author: Brucekent33 from United States
7 November 2006

YOur sacred earth Movie Redford rock of lighthearted dumb is quite a movie in which someone is suppose to totally care about earth and give there life for it. YOu made the movie so you should give your life for the planet. Any of those movies that show someone giving there life for the sacredness of earth are the ones needed to give there lives for earth. Not the Grimm Reeper ever. Your education is messing with your brain cells... Feel a plot thicken better than most people can shake a stick at. Not to many people can hold on when they see the Grimm reaper roaming the streets someone will try to take action as they have already done. Grow more trees to help keep those just as sacred as earth since they do belong on earth flourishing daily. Repeating a sentence again online. Look to those others who willing put themselves in those roles. Not someone who has not. The lurking light behind me means that is the end and the sacredness of the sun Dominates the universe. Check your local listings for helpful sacred earth saving concepts i've displayed them back to you all as you have displayed them to me and the rest of the population...:-)

Spoiler s wanted

Author: hockeylife1984 from United States
8 April 2006

okay so i am watching this movie on TV and its a good movie and then i get to the end(i think) when woody is getting in Robert's face in the rain storm and then the TV just cuts off and i cant getting it to work so could someone please let me know if woody and Moore get back together or does the Jerk Robert get Moore let me know that would be great

so i really liked this movie even for being a girl movie and i normally don't watch romance movies i really don't feel like this movie is very realistic. i do not feel like married people would ever ever do this kind of thing unless they are swingers and thats a very very mutual thing were both of the people in the realationship are present

Revolting concept, more revolting reactions

Author: Dewhistle from United States
23 January 2006

It wasn't that this was a poorly made movie, or that the acting was bad. It could have certainly made a good point but all it seems to have done is stir the entire film-watching community into an unfathomable dilemma. To wonder whether you would do such a thing in such circumstances and not be sure you would not is appalling.

The idea of the husband agreeing to it is sickening and hard to grasp, but his later inability to cope with the thought of it brings it back down to earth. If a man managed to persuade himself of the insignificance of his wife's having sex just once with another man, he's a fool and either doesn't care or must realize later he was wrong. This guy felt it come home to him as he surely must.

And she was made to appear a sweet little self-sacrificing angel, which brings mixed feelings. He agreed to it initially and in theory had no business treating her like a criminal. And yet, she went and carried it out, with no apparent suffering. Anyone with any real integrity, honesty, and well... morals, would surely have some trouble with this, unless they indeed found it alluring enough to overcome their scruples.

That rich dude was also well-acted, but how creepy! Sexy he wasn't. He was a stalker, creeping around her everywhere she went and smugly buying her life piece by piece as if it were all part of buying her. I agree with those who said that the idea of his giving her up in the end was a crock. That kind of narcissist doesn't let go once he has what he wants. But I also think he did need to be attractive (on the surface anyhow) because that was pivotal to the jealously of the idiot husband and the uncertainty of the tart wife.

This is on my list of movies that never should have been made. It was one long "eew" moment for me and never once raised the question of whether I would. Believe it or not, there are some folks in the world who can see that it could never be worth it. Money can't buy back a filthy act. It's sad to see the morals of so many degraded to the point that they could even consider it.

The rating of 5 stars is for the acting and the film quality.

re: Indecent Proposal

Author: syl_dug from Canada
31 October 2005

I saw this movie years a g o and thought the acting was great.... as far as the moral side it was despicable. MONEY, is MONEY... LOVE is LOVE... no amount of money could ever replace or come close to the meaning of love whether the person is: divorced, separated, married, annulled, atheist, lunatic. The movie brought out the question, would you? I always replied, no (without hesitation) I would go on welfare first. Money is not evil (it can be if you let it.) Robert Redford was great! but no thanks! my heart belongs to someone else. sylvia THEY TELL ME I HAVE TO WRITE AT LEAST 10 LINES... IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE TELL THEM NOT THRU OTHER PEOPLE

Don't Know Much About Chemistry.

Author: tfrizzell from United States
7 June 2004

A married yuppie couple (Woody Harrelson and Demi Moore) gets hit hard by recession. So now what? Las Vegas anyone? Naturally that idea is not the best in the world, but things look up (kind of) when rich businessman Robert Redford wants to borrow Moore for a weekend (and pay $1,000,000). We all know that Redford has not made this proposition to just sit and talk with Moore though. And of course therein lies "Indecent Proposal". Director Adrian Lyne (who hit gold with "Fatal Attraction" in 1987) tries to create another adult pot-boiler, but really this film is a major bore. It is way too talkative, too long and too silly to engross. The three leads just do not play well together (no pun intended) and the chemistry lab never does open. 2 stars out of 5.

Yea, ok

Author: Shari (AfricanVenus84@aol.com) from United States
25 March 2004

The odds of this happening? Eh, how about 1 in a million? Since that's the favorite number in this movie. It did make you question your significant other though. If you're smart, you'll say heck no honey, not me, lol. I could seriously say no cuz a million bucks ain't a lot of money to day. And Redford's just old. It was suspenseful that they wouldn't go into the details of that night. Guess the director wanted to leave it to our little imaginations, but I'd rather just know what's going on. I hate having to make it up myself. The downward spiral of the relationship was inevitable and it was played well by Woody. The plot got a little stale as she went on to be with Redford. It just was a little contrived and not at all natural anything between them. You sensed there should be, but there wasn't any. Was that the point? To say she had better chemistry with her husband? That if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Well, it could be analyzed a 1000 ways. I liked how Redford's character pretended to have done this before to let her go back to her husband. It connects to other parts of society really when you think about it. Poor women are forced or compelled to do similar things just to have some money and be independent or out of debt. Here, a married couple trying to get money for a house have decided that the wife can sleep with a millionaire to buy their "dream home"? Talk about a new way to achieve the American Dream, lol. As ridiculous as it seems, the movie still makes you think. If I had no money and was desperate, what would I do? The cinematography was very beautiful. Even the carwash looked nice. It just came together visually throughout the entire movie. Demi looked flawless and elegant. She wasn't overdone which fit her character well. I liked that they had regular jobs that some other people would, but owning a home ain't easy in this country. Trying to live a simple dream isn't easy in this country. The film touches on many issues. Get a good watch.

INDECENT PROPOSAL 5DIDIER BECU)

Author: Didier (Didier-Becu) from Gent, Belgium
20 August 2003

This is one of the latest movies from director Adrian Lyne who was one of the pioneers of the erotic thrillers (9 1/2 Weeks and of course Fatal Attraction). For this movie he chooses for the weakness of our hearts... The story is so well known.... David (Woody Harrelson) and Diana (Demi Moore) are the perfect couple who promise each other eternal love till the day comes that they're bankrupt. David decides to go to Las Vegas hoping for getting the needed money but all ends in a financial fiasco till multimillionaire John Cage (Robert Redford) proposes the couple to give them one million dollar if he might spend one night with his wife... I am sure that every couple will ask this dilemma ("Would you do it or not?") the moment they saw the film and you can bet your ass that Robert Redford is the focal discussion...for women a dream for men he's just too pretty. If this film is realistic or not is an unnecessary thing, it's just that during the whole movie you feel so bad for Woody Harrelson that you are hoping to punch your fist in Robert Redford's face... The characters aren't bad and Demi Moore plays her role more than well (she's at her beautiest here!) but just the end is a bit too Hollywoodesque... Nice movie that won't annoy anyone, perhaps that it is quite sexist as Robert's words are clear "You can buy everything"...the big problem of course is that he might be right

Unconvincing

Author: Computer_Stud from United States
16 August 2003

Nice premise but the execution was all wrong. Redford was neither likeable, charming, nor goodlooking enough to sweep Demi's character off her feet. All he had was money. Demi Moore, despite having a nice bod, was neither stunning nor intriguing enough for Redford to be so fixated on. And Harrelson was not insecure enough to be threatened by the Redford character. He goes into a jealous rage in the middle of the movie but there was not even the smallest signs of this jealousy earlier on. Give me a break. The only thing that saved this movie was the chemistry between Moore and Harrelson. You could tell that the characters loved each other, which made it even harder to believe that Moore could fall for the dull rich guy. If they actually showed the lovemaking scene or provided more scenes where the two were building a strong rapport, then maybe the audience could see the sparks. But there was none. Oliver Platt provides some good laughs but they seemed out of place for a movie that was supposed to be taken seriously. Billy Bob's cameo was enough comic relief. 4/10.

A pleasent film and funny

Author: AslaugRuotsalainen from Denmark
30 June 2003

First time I saw this film I was somehow a bit suspicious since the plot seemed to be somewhat stupid. However, when I then watched it I changed my mind very fast.

With three great people playing the mainroles it is a great film and although it's, what I call a "sunday-cosy film" it does indeed also contain some depth.

Furthermore I personally feel that the three mainroles are played in a most great way; they're convincing in their roles and - Demi Moore is of course always a pleasure to watch as is also Robert Redford.

All in all I like the plot, the acting and it is, I feel, a film one can watch more than one time so rent it and you'll hopefully not be dissapointed.

You'll hate yourself in the morning

Author: Idocamstuf from Greenville, NY
11 June 2003

This is the kind of film that you can watch once and forget about it. It tells the shallow, emotionless story of a financially trouble couple who go to Vegas, only to have a cocky millionaire(Redford, in a very irritating performance) offer the husband $1 million for a night with his wife, the silly story just gets sillier and even more unbelieveable from this point on. You can watch it, but after a while you relize how silly, and shallow it it. 4 out of 10.

Page 9 of 12: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]