IMDb > Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke More at IMDbPro »

A really good film!

Author: Anu kapoor (Ana-33) from Cambridgeshire, England
11 February 2001

HHRPK is a really good family film. Aamir Khan is fantastic. Juhi Chawla is excellent! Master Kunal Kemmy, Master Sharok and Baby Ashrafa are really funny! As soon as I came out of the cinema after watching this I knew it would be my favourite film and it still is.

It's about Rahul (Aamir Khan) who has to look after his sister and brother-in-law's three kids, Vicky (Master Sharok), Sunny (Master Kunal Kemmy) and Munni (Baby Ashrafa). They are hell for Rahul because they are scaring away their babysitters. One day Rahul tells them off and he says that he can give love to them like a real father but the kids refuse it. He makes an effort by taking them to a concert and they create havoc there aswell but Rahul doesn't say anything. Rahul starts to become quite close to them. Maya (Navneet Nishan) is a college friend of Rahul and she loves him and she doesn't hide it. Rahul is very intimidated by her. One day Rahul has to start work at his brother-in-law's clothes factory and the kids say they want to go to a fair. Rahul says yes. When Rahul comes home he disappoints the kids by saying that he has to meet the supplier of the factory (Dilip Tahil). The kids get locked in their room after a big arguement. The kids sneak out after Rahul has gone and at the fair they meet Vayjanti (Juhi Chawla). She comes from a very rich family and has run away because her dad is planning to marry her off to some horrible guy. The kids invite her to their house and they say that they will hide her so she has somewhere to stay. Will it work out? Watch HHRPK to find out.

HHRPK is a really funny film. It is good and I would recommend it to anyone. It deserves a 9.5/10!

Not a great film, but a funny and feel-good family entertainer

Author: Peter Young from Earth
26 December 2009

I quite enjoyed watching Mahesh Bhatt's Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke, a film that does not take itself too seriously and which can surely provide a decent watch for the entire family. Mahesh Bhatt made some amazing dramatic and intense films in the 1980s, and this film is totally different in its approach. Unlike many Hindi films made at that time, this one is very simple, light and entertaining. It occasionally reminded me of those memorable Mukherjee comedies like Khubsoorat and Chupke Chupke, though I wouldn't say it is as great as these films. The film stars Aamir Khan as a young businessman who now has to look after his late sister's three mischievous kids, and Juhi Chawla, a Tamil runaway girl who is brought home by the kids and gets later hired by him as their governess. Together they form a nice romantic couple (as they always do). The film is fast-paced and is aided by wonderful songs composed by Nadeem-Shravan which contribute to its effervescent style and light mood. Khan is restrained and effective as Rahul, while Chawla is excellent, vivacious and funny in an all-out comic role with her endearingly chirpy attitude and effortless Tamil line delivery. The kids also do a fine job. Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke is not a film for everyone but mostly for those who like light-hearted and musically abundant Hindi masala flicks. In that genre, it was very successful.

Good movie

Author: thebagpiper59 from United States
29 January 2013

There are few films that you never get bored of watching and Hum hai rahi pyaar ke is one of those few films that no matter how many times you watch it, you will never feel bored. It's an out and out family entertainer. There is no single dull moment that you are gonna experience from the very beginning till the movie reaches its climax. Its a kind of film one rarely gets to see these days. I use the term rarely because most films that are being made these days lack story which this particular film has got in abundance. Not just a story, there are several factors that attribute to a movie's success. Each time the movie is successful, its usually the hero who will be showered with all praises but in this case, its the heroine who shines throughout the movie. This has gotta be one of the best performances of Juhi till date.

Aamir and Juhi Reunite in Mahesh Bhatt's Funniest Film

Author: Chrysanthepop from Fraggle Rock
27 June 2010

Mahesh Bhatt's 'Hum Hai Rahi Pyaar Ke' is an out and out comedy. The film isn't entirely original as it lifts from sources like 'Adventures in Babysitting' but the humour works most of the time. I don't understand why so many criticize the movie for being too silly. 'Hum Hai Rahi Pyaar Ke' doesn't take itself seriously so why should the viewer? It's an entertainer from start to finish, that's it. Why should one expect otherwise? The soundtrack is of the foot-tapping sort and very hummable. The romantic songs that include 'Mujhse Mohabbat', 'Ghoongat' and 'Woh Mere Neend' are the best. They're visualized amusingly.

Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla have already proved to be a great on screen pair and here they shine once again. Aamir Khan it effective in a suitably restrained performance but it is Juhi Chawla who steals the show with her comic nirvana. Easily she (along with Sridevi) is the funniest actor in the history of Hindi cinema and it would be a tough challenge for any actor to match up to that. Moreover, her effortless dialogue delivery in Tamil (especially for someone who doesn't speak the language) only further prove what a gifted actress she is.

Of the child actors, Kunal Khemu leads the trio while the other two are passable at best. I found Dilip Tahil irritatingly loud while Navneet Nishan was good as the caricature seductress.

'Hum Hai Rahi Pyaar Ke' is Mahesh Bhatt's funniest film. It does remind one of Hrishikesh Mukherjee's evergreen comedies (even though the execution, in comparison is a little less sophisticated).

Funny family film

Author: silvan-desouza from India
20 December 2009

MaheshBhatt in 80's made some good cinema like ARTH, SARAANSH, NAAM and KABZAA

In 1990's he settled for romantic films and light kind films like AASHIQUI(1990), DIL HAI KI MAANTA NAHIN(1991), HUM HAI RAAHI PYAAR KE(1993)

HUM HAI RAAHI PYAAR KE is a light hearted family film which is well handled

The film starts off nicely and the entire kids track is well handled also the Juhi track is entertaining at times the film is childish but you can expect that in a family film

The film is a nice family film to watch the film ends on a funny slapstick note with people throwing eggs on the villains played by a hammy Dalip Tahil and loud Navneeth Nishan

Direction by Mahesh Bhatt is good Music is good

Aamir Khan is a natural as always, he plays the role very well Juhi Chawla too compliments him well though at times she is too childish for her age yet she does her role well Amongst kids Master Shahrukh is too good while the young Kunal Khemmu is fantastic Amongst rest Dalip Tahil hams, Navneet Nishan is too loud Tiku Talsania is okay

Very silly at first but gets better and grows on you.

Author: Dave Abbott from Tucson, Az
14 June 2004

I was not sure if I would like this film because it was so silly and overacted at first by just about everyone except Aamir Khan. But, the more the film progressed, the more the storyline hooked me and the characters settled into their roles, although it was still a little too silly for my tastes. I could not believe that Filmfare gave HHRPK their best film award and Juhi Chawla the best actress for 1994 because I did not think it was that good unless there was not that much competition that year. I like Juhi's performances in most films and felt she did OK here but, since she was made to overact so much and act so immature, I frequently tired of seeing a grown woman act like a small child.

I hope that I am not being too negative because, if the viewer can handle the first 15-20 minutes, they will be in for a very pleasant ride and a few laughs along the way. It is just not a film for everyone, especially newcomers to Bollywood films.