IMDb > Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 6 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Sequel Smeequal

Author: schwabe13
10 December 2001

Never mind the fact this is a sequel, despite having most of the same cast as Hot Shots part one, its mostly an independent movie. And its brilliant, one of the best of the genre Abrahams helped start with Kentucky Fried Movie. And Martin Sheen has a great cameo.

hilarious

Author: xeneize007 from Buenos Aires Argentina
1 December 2001

Iit's even better than the 1st one. Who cares if there are no jungles in Iraq, I still love it, I have never ever laughed that much in my whole life. Pay special attention to the supporting characters like Miguel Ferrer or Ryan Stiles Brenda Bakke or Richard Crenna, they did it even better than Sheen or gGlino. About Lloyd Bridges he kills, but not as much as in hot shots 1. You gott tosee it, you won't regret it, you won't stop laughing when Saddam appears. Go rent it now!

Missing scene in Region 2 DVD!

Author: Dan Tootill
20 August 2001

The hilarious taxi scene just after Michelle tells Topper "In my hands nothing turns to putty" and the steam escapes from his collar, where the cab driver goes to great lengths for a decent view of them going at it, is MISSING from the DVD!

When you buy a movie on DVD, you'd expect the full uncut version right? Why was it removed? For the love of God WHY?!!!

20th Century Fox, I'd like the whole movie next time please...

Almost as good as the first

Author: grahamsj3 from United States
14 May 2001

This is the sequel to Hot Shots! and is nearly as funny as the first. Most of the original cast is back and as funny as ever. Lloyd Bridges is not Admiral Benson anymore, but President Benson, heaven help us! Valeria Golina is back, as funny and beautiful as ever. And Charlie Sheen is back as Topper Harley. This time, he has a set of he-man muscles. The story this time is that a bunch of POW's need to be rescued (does this plot line sound familiar? Think Rambo). Several rescue teams have also become POW's, adding to the number. The CIA wants to get them out. A beautiful agent (Brenda Bakke) recruits Topper to help out. The rest I'll let you laugh through!

The mother of all movies! 2!

Author: kumu01 (kumu01@galaxypolice.com) from Chicago, Ill
6 April 2001

Chock full of twice as many site gags as the first Hot Shots, Part Deux is a film that will keep you laughing! Not only does it parody many films, but it blends them all together in a wonderful story. After you watch the movie, watch it again with the remote, so you can go back and catch all of those funny things that you, more than likely, missed the first time! WOW! "War, it's fantastic!"

Jim Abrahams does it again...

Author: joeward100 from Kent, England
11 November 2000

...by directing and co-writing another brilliant spoof. This time around Topper Harley(Charlie Sheen) is sent out to the Middle East to rescue hostages. It sends up Rambo most of the time, but there are great bits including a parody of the Lady & The Tramp spaghetti scene, and a Star Wars lightsabre bit. Jerry Haleva, who believe it or not, isn't really an actor, does a great job of being Saddam Hussein. I also like the late Lloyd Bridges' great performance as President Tug Benson. It's better than the first, and much funnier, and it just goes to show that Abrahams and Pat Proft can still make us wet ourselves with laughter.

Jim Abrahams does it again...

Author: joeward100 from Kent, England
11 November 2000

The all-time favourite slapstick!

Author: Andy from Singapore
9 November 2000

I first watched the movie on video together with a bunch of friends about 2 years ago, and believe it or not, I've been watching it again and again ever since.

Let's get one thing straight. I was never a big fan of Charlie Sheen nor Valeria Gorino; nor did I ever believe that the movie would have reached the top 10 charts in its time. BUT to watch Hotshots Part Deux just one time and forget all about it would simply be an abomination!

For almost every scene contains a parody, spoof, or just simply pure nonsense designed to look serious. If Hotshots was the mother of all movies, Hotshots Part Deux would be the Biggest Momma around!

Kudos to Jim Abrahams for the effort to make this absolutely hilarious movie, and here's a tribute to Lloyd Bridges too (poor chap passed away recently).

For those who've watched the movie before, watch it again; you'll discover something new each time you do. For those who haven't caught the movie yet, you don't know what you're missing out on!

Ryan Stiles makes it all worthwhile.

Author: Jennifer (princess_jennifer84) from Roanoke, Virginia
21 June 2000

This is not necessarily the best movie I've ever seen, but the hilarious actor Ryan Stiles (Rabinowitz), star of "Whose Line is it, Anyway?" and "The Drew Carey Show", definitely makes seeing the movie worth it. Check it out. You'll probably enjoy it.

Deflating the Action Movie

Author: BB-15
15 November 1999

Jim Abrams and company do a brave thing. They take on one of the most popular forms of entertainment in the world, the action movie. And I must say, I love it. From kick boxing to impossible hostage rescues, this movie shows no fear or mercy. But most of all there are almost enough bullets fired here at point blank range to rival any silly super popular action film.

While the jokes are pretty routine they are not yet tired as they have become in Abrams' and Pat Proft's latest films. Charlie Sheen is perfect for the hero role. His flat acting works as a very confused Rambo. Lloyd Bridges is solid as the president. But several of the funniest moments are turned in by Jerry Haleva as Saddam Hussein.

Like the better parodies that I would compare with Hot Shots! Part Deux including Airplane! and Hot Shots! there are plenty of jokes that you only catch after several viewings.

This is a light weight comedy that shouldn't be compared to great films like Young Frankenstein or Sleeper. Yet, I've watched it more times that any other comedy in the past 2 years and it's still hilarious. I just sit back, see the bullets fly while no one gets shot (except of course with a chicken).

Page 6 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]