IMDb > Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Hot Shots! Part Deux

Hot Shots! Part Deux More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Which is funnier: this or Hudson Hawk?

Author: Vatsun from Baltimore, USA
8 April 2003

I finally saw this movie after a long wait, and it was worth the while! The only other movie I've seen that rivals this one is Hudson Hawk stg. Bruce Willis, and I'm unable to decide which should be at the top! So sit back, relax and laugh your guts out. No brains required - and I'm not joking! If I were joking, I would say 'A rabbi, a priest and a minister walk into a bar...'

Prefered the original

Author: Quackle from London, England
23 February 2003

"Hot Shots! Part Deux" had many humorous moments, as in the original, but something about "Hot Shots 1" made it funnier. However, this follow-up to "Hot Shots" was action packed, possibly a bit too short for my liking... A few down points, but I still LOVE the take-off of Saddam Hussein! That is classic in my mind!

10 years old and is still as funny as the first time I saw it 10 years ago.

Author: (craiglappe@accessus.net) from Aviston, IL
11 February 2003

This is alot better than the first movie. The opening is just too funny. I believe in real life Saddam Hussein does wear a bra. That was a big tan on his chest. The part when the guy fell in the well was funny. And when Topper kicked the guy in the head and his head fell off. That's what you call funny. Even a guy like Roger Ebert liked this movie. He does not like these kind of movies so that was surprising. Way better than the first movie. I give it a big 10.

A beefed up Charlie Sheen but not a beefed up sequel.

Author: monkeybone (aldmarshall@blueyonder.co.uk) from Wednesbury, England
26 January 2003

Hot Shots is one of the funniest films ever and director Jim Abrahams knows how to make people role around in tears at something really silly and stupid. Unfortunately, Hot Shots! Part Deux, as good a film as it is, it just doesn't live up to the first film. Part Deux is about U.S. marines that have been captured in the Middle East and a mission is being planned to rescue them and it seems that there is only one man for the job, Topper Harley (Charlie Sheen). Once being forced back into action after discovering his former commander was captured on the previous attempt to rescue the hostages, Harley and a handful of marines (including his ex, Ramada) go to the rescue. Little do they no that there is a mole who is out to sabotage the mission.

Like the first film, Part Deux relies heavily on the visual gags to get the laughs. Obviously, if you've seen the first film then you'll know what to expect. Also, like the first, it relies on one main film to take the p*** out of, in this case it being Rambo 3 (which it undoubtedly deserves).

Performance wise, Charlie Sheen is just the same as he was in the first just beefed up a lot more. The same can be said about Valerie Golino, returning as Ramada and Lloyd Bridges, this time playing the President (brilliantly it must said).

Abrahams keeps the gags coming thick and fast right from the start which keeps the viewers mind of the very basic plot. It's also a good thing that the film is short otherwise it would just get too boring. Some of the jokes are really funny but nothing that will have you in fits.

Hot Shots! Part Deux is a good film just not as good as the original which I have to say from a personal point of view had the tears rolling streaming down my face.

Funny movie

Author: nucksfan4life from USA
18 September 2002

"Hot Shots! Part Deux" is funny because it is full of references to other movies and T.V. shows. This movie does not take itself seriously. It is a total parody of almost every movie ever made it seems like. This is the movie's best element. It was fun to watch with anticipation of what they would make fun of next. The "American Gladiators" send-up caught me completely off guard and was hilarious. I could probably watch this movie over and over again and laugh every time.

Now I will kill you until you die from it!

Author: mal karma from Argentina
14 September 2002

Lines like this make a what could be a mediocre movie into a great sequel. Tug Benson (Lloyd Bridges) steals the screen once again, as the incompetent-yet-popular US president-- I wonder who he resembles to? the spoofs are about Rambo, and although not as adequate as those from Top Gun in the original Hot Shots! are a joy. No, there is no jungle in Iraq, but who cares, if the stupidity and silliness of the jokes make you laugh harder. The guy playing saddam is terrific specially coming to the fact that he's not even a profesional actor. God they just don't make this comedies like this anymore.

A Sequel that bets the Original

Author: emilsjr from San Jose, CA
11 August 2002

Part Deux is one of those rare sequels that surpasses the original. Charlie Sheen and Lloyd Bridges are in excellent form. Although some things are a little dated, this movie is a non-stop laugh riot. One of the funniest spoofs of the ninties.

"One Pig Snout Sandwich, please."

Author: ilovedolby from New York State
12 July 2002

I almost busted a gut laughing during this movie. They just don't make enough of these slapstick humor films. In the tradition of THE NAKED GUN films, and other great rediculous comedies throughout the years like THE JERK, this was just excellent. I absolutly loved this crazy sequel, and still find myself laughing over the same things time and time again. ***

Casablanca: First Blood Part II

Author: Mikkel Hundewadt-Jensen (mikkelhj) from Copenhagen, Denmark
10 June 2002

What can I say about a movie of this caliber that hasn't already been said? The spoof or lampoon is a special genre, where you can either rise beyond the original or fall flat on your butt. So what are the key elements to a good spoof? Great dialog, good actors, attention to detail and a fondness of the movies you spoof will get you a long way. And Hot Shots! Part Deux has it all. It's certainly one of my favourite spoofs of all times. As with all spoofs this movie is a mix of many other great movies but the two storylines it follows the closest are those of Rambo and Casablanca. It's quite fascinating to see Charlie Sheen as a blend of Rambo and Humphrey Bogart and Valeria Golino as part Commando and part Ingrid Bergman with Rowan Atkinson as a somewhat weaker Victor Lazlo. From the flashbacks depicting their romance to the killing spree in the jungle and their second meeting ("Of all the secret missions in all the jungles in all the world she had to walk into mine"). This movie is simply fantastic. Go see it.

the castle pose scene

Author: sole reviewer
20 March 2002

Was this scene a spoof on year book photos or was it just a scene in the film ...you decide. This film spoofs the top gun style film crazy by poking fun at RAMBO movies and NO WAY OUT. A film that was humorous and in the tradition of THE NAKED GUN.

Page 5 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]