IMDb > Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Hot Shots! Part Deux

Hot Shots! Part Deux More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

One of the best spoofs all around.

Author: willywants
21 July 2004

Topper Harley is found to be working as an odd-job-man in a monastery. The CIA want him to lead a rescue mission into Iraq, to rescue the last rescue team, who went in to rescue the last rescue team who... who went in to rescue hostages left behind after Desert Storm. The president is Tug Benson, who also likes to be in on the action. Basically, it's a send-up of all the big shoot-em-up Rambo/Robocop/T2/ Commando type movies. What can I say? fantastic. Excellent writing and performances, gut-bustingly hilarious sight gags and word play, lots of energy and never once gets even remotely boring. Every bit as good as the original "Hot shots" film, if not even better. I thought this film was even funnier than the naked gun films, or even the airplane films. Buy this film as well as the original "Hot shots" on DVD, they make a great combo. 9/10.

ABOUT THE DVD: Fox has given us a quality disk for our money. The picture is presented in 1.85:1 Anamorphic, which is generally a nice transfer (Though there is a little grain in the darker scenes) with solid blacks and vibrant colors. Audio is presented in Dolby 2.0 surround, which is quite decent, even though there aren't many surround effects. For extras we get two making of featurettes, the first being "An adventure in film-making", in which we see some behind-the-scenes-footage, the second featurette, "Early awareness", consists mostly of cast and crew interviews, as well as what it's like to do slapstick films. Both documentaries are nice little additions to an already impressive disk. We also are treated to the films trailer and a french and Spanish language track. My rating for the DVD: 8/10.

Well this is a funny movie, if you are in the mood.

Author: udeaasykle (udeaasykle@hotmail.com) from Sandnes, Norway
28 May 2004

The best moment to see a movie like this is when you are a little tired. Because if you are in a bad mood there is no point in watching this movie. This movie is like every other movie in this genre. There are spoofs the entire time so if you haven't watch a lot of the most popular movies you will miss some very funny jokes. I really think Charlie Sheen is great in both this and the first movie of Hot Shots! Besides these movies, Charlie hasn't played in anything worth mentioning. Except Spin City. But anyways you will get an hour and a half with spoofs and word games. Including Spoofs on Rambo and apocalypse now just to mention a few. I rate this movie 6/10

Time Cop likes Hot Shots 2 comedy

Author: Tom Savoiu from Sibiu Romania
31 January 2004

Dear Charlie, I am a time traveller just like you.I liked Hot Shots both movies its just like the story of my life.How do you know so much about my life? The train station the goodbye letter from ramada President Thomas Nancy Benson,Hillary Rodham Hussein,Gone with the wind,Supermen,Rocky4,Rambo, Terminator.Unfortunately my real life recently sucks.Please contact me.

funniest silly movie

Author: elsterusa from Detroit, Michigan
13 November 2003

I know that some of you think that Charlie Sheen is only good at playing young, depressing, FNGs in Vietnam War movies. That is not so. Although he is definitely better at playing one of those, he has a very healthy sense of humor stored somewhere. The First Hot Shots! was good, but this was so much better. Sure, some of the jokes get kind of old and unoriginal, but forget those. Look deeper into the movie. See?!? The rest of the jokes are hilarious! I'm so glad you agree with me. If you haven't seen this movie, get off of your butt and at least rent it. You'll at least like it.

Extremely funny movie. Very good slapstick.

Author: Jay (jhoward001) from Alexandria, Virginia, USA
30 September 2003

The cameos, caricatures, sight gags, and nonstop delivery of lines is hilarious. Very rich and funny. I am not sure how many humorous flicks that Charlie Sheen has done, but he did this one well. Makes you wonder what happened to Part Un.

"I loved you in Wall Street!!"

Author: Bones Eijnar (namriggs@hotmail.com) from Trondheim, Norway
9 September 2003

HOT SHOTS! PART DEUX (1993) spoilers((( The second Hot Shots! movie makes a fool out of the Rambo movies, and some other war pictures as Apocalypse Now!

This time Topper Harley has to save war prisoners taken by crazy terrorists lead by Hussein. So Topper has lost his love from the first movie, but meets another attracting woman and they fall in love. So down in the jungle he meets his old love again, and then, its excitement again.

The movie has taken some off the best bits from the original movie and packed new really stupid, but funny stuff into it too. This time we also can see Rowan Atkinson in a small part, you will love it, I promise you, either you will laugh or you will think its idiotic, either way you'll think its entertaining! As when Topper starts shooting down people and a timer starts counting down records sat before, as Predator and Terminator. The first time you see Topper Harley is fine, he's fighting a brutal battle against a crazy Asian guy, and he glues iron stuff on his hands, Topper Harley glues gummy bears and chocolate on them. See it, but I recommend the first, that's even better. STARS: *** 3/5

Now Funnier Than Ever

Author: Funboy1615 from United States
19 April 2003

I found Hot Shots 2 amongst my videos while I was rearranging my shelves of movies and decided to pop it in after not seeing it for a few years. I used to think it was funny but right now with the war in Iraq its even funnier. I snickered at every scene with Saddam. The scene where the "towelhead" is wearing a Holiday Inn towel on his head was so funny I fell off my sofa. With movies like these (Hot Shots-Airplanes-Naked Guns-Spy Hard-etc) they throw so many "gags" at you that even when one isnt funny theres something funny coming within a few seconds. Overall its a funny movie made funnier by current events. See it yo!

Which is funnier: this or Hudson Hawk?

Author: Vatsun from Baltimore, USA
8 April 2003

I finally saw this movie after a long wait, and it was worth the while! The only other movie I've seen that rivals this one is Hudson Hawk stg. Bruce Willis, and I'm unable to decide which should be at the top! So sit back, relax and laugh your guts out. No brains required - and I'm not joking! If I were joking, I would say 'A rabbi, a priest and a minister walk into a bar...'

Prefered the original

Author: Quackle from London, England
23 February 2003

"Hot Shots! Part Deux" had many humorous moments, as in the original, but something about "Hot Shots 1" made it funnier. However, this follow-up to "Hot Shots" was action packed, possibly a bit too short for my liking... A few down points, but I still LOVE the take-off of Saddam Hussein! That is classic in my mind!

10 years old and is still as funny as the first time I saw it 10 years ago.

Author: (craiglappe@accessus.net) from Aviston, IL
11 February 2003

This is alot better than the first movie. The opening is just too funny. I believe in real life Saddam Hussein does wear a bra. That was a big tan on his chest. The part when the guy fell in the well was funny. And when Topper kicked the guy in the head and his head fell off. That's what you call funny. Even a guy like Roger Ebert liked this movie. He does not like these kind of movies so that was surprising. Way better than the first movie. I give it a big 10.

Page 4 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]