Groundhog Day (1993) Poster

(1993)

Clever plot, marvelously entertaining
jorgenmw12 February 2018
One of, if not, the best performances of Bill Murray. Clever, unique and a well-written plot. A 90's classic which never gets old.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Watch it again and again and again....
Joe10 February 2018
I usually like to write a review straight after a movie (within a day) and post it, and sometimes I look back and think I should have waited longer. Thankfully for this one I didn't post straight away, as this film is one that when it sinks over the coming days really revels itself to be something so special.

Groundhog Day is one that needs little introduction, and I only finally watched it recently on the Feb 2nd anniversary, with the retro showings meaning that it was finally time to catch up with this old classic. We see our lead in a timeless loop, and as this is the deadpan Bill Murray, he is funny and heart breakingly emotive. What we see is our hero stuck in this loop over time (long time) go through the motions and find his true character.

Partnered by Andie McDowall, he is in love with her, but his awkwardness makes it difficult to create a connection with her. He loves her but can he make her love him?

This film is funny, it's beautiful and it's touching. The idea is a comedy & romance version of those old Twilight Zone episodes, and it could easily have gone so horribly wrong. But it didn't, and that is testament to the genius writing, directing and acting of all involved.

A true comedy classic, that I will watch again and again and again, and should have watched long before I just did.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A fantastic film that belongs in any conversation that considers the classics; everyone should watch this one, over and over again.
Pjtaylor-96-1380445 February 2018
One of the most layered, genuinely feel-good and emotionally powerful comedies of all time, this fantastic film belongs in any conversation that considers the classics. 'Groundhog Day (1993)' is a truly phenomenal piece of film-making by all accounts, a picture which is at once funny, endearing, touching, saddening, inspiring, enlightening, thought-provoking and an all-around amazing experience that's ironically endlessly re-watchable. There's a whole following surrounding this film and it's Buddhistic approach to spiritualism and self-improvement, which just goes to show how much the filmmakers were able to intelligently 'milk' this 'what-if' idea for all it was worth in an incredibly artistically rich way that's as inspired as it is entertaining or hilarious, and it is indeed both, something that raises this above almost all others in the genre and even medium. Everyone should watch this one, over and over again. 8/10
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Oh, the lessons we can learn from a GROUNDHOG!
Amy Adler4 February 2018
Phil (Bill Murray) is a weatherman in Pittsburgh who has been sent four years in a row to cover the event known as Groundhog's Day in Puxatawney Penn. To say the least, Phil is VERY UNHAPPY and his giant ego makes him approach the project with scorn. True, this year he has a new producer, the very beautiful Rita (Andie McDowell), but even she doesn't lift the burden of boredom off his shoulders. While the rest of the crew makes due in a local hotel, Phil actually gets digs in a lovely bed and breakfast. In any case, Phil does his duty, very begrudgingly, putting up with the constant music of the Pennsylvania Polka and the ceremony of the "little rat". Then, a blizzard arrives. Everyone is stuck and Phil is unhappy. But, there's more. The next morning, Phil awakes to the same song as the day before, Sonny and Cher's I've Got You Babe, and finds he has to live the whole Groundhog Day experience AGAIN, even though everyone else is in happy oblivion that this is anything but the day itself. This means more polka, more little rat, more pushy insurance man trying to sell him a policy since he and Phil "went to school together", more plain coffee at the B and B. Making it through the second reliving, Phil wakes to a THIRD GROUNDHOG DAY, again. And again and again. Will Phil come to realize that HE HAS BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE to become a better man and win the girl of his dreams? This very funny film has the greatest idea at its base. If you were given the chance to relive a fateful day, would you change your behavior for the good? In Phil's case, it takes more than one day, of course. As the into-himself-weatherman, Murray is priceless and the cast surrounding him is wonderful, too. Add on the great scenery, costumes, timeless script and sure direction and you have a movie experience that will never grow old, even with repeated viewings!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
What if the Same day happened over, and over, and over again?
joshfedderson3 February 2018
Yesterday was Groundhog Day and as tradition, I watch the movie Groundhog Day staring Bill Murray. This movie is a classic, and it is really hilarious.

The film is about a weather man named Phil Connors, he is a stuck up, self centered, cruel man who doesn't really care about anyone but himself. It's Groundhog Day...again. And Phil has been assigned to report on the Punxsutawney annual Groundhog Day celebration and festivities. He is less then....enthusiastic about it. Once the celebration is over a big blizzard comes to town and Phil along with his crew are forced to stay in the town. The next morning things start to get weird and crazy as Phil wakes up and finds it's Groundhog Day all over again, and again, and again, and again.

I love the humor in the movie, Bill Murray brings lots of laughs. I love the fact that he has to live the same day all over again for who knows how long? I like how he handles each day, he goes from partying maniac, to suicidal, to selfless, kind, and caring man. In the movie Phil has to learn a lesson, kind of like Ebeneezer Scrooge In A Christmas Carol, except for a different Holiday.

The Story is about a man who never has love in his life because of his attitude towards others. That all changes when he has to live the same day over again, and when he starts to notice a producer. It's the story of a man who has no love in his life, time stops, repeats itself over again, and gives this man a chance (several chances) to makes things right. In the end the selfless, mean spirited man wakes up to find his one true love laying next to him. And time moves forward as it should and the man has the girl, is changed for the good, and the most important part of all he is happy.

Groundhog Day is not only a comedy, it is a story about change and even though how much we really want to stop time, live days over again, and take another chance, it teaches us to live in the moment, look around us and be happy with what we have.

10/10 for Groundhog Day
Worst Ever
ckw52052 February 2018
This has got to be the worst movie ever! Okay maybe the second worst ever. I like Bill Murray most of they time, Andy McDowell okay, usually too gooey sweet. But this is just stupid. How in the world does this thing get an 8 out of 10? No wonder it took 28 years for to watch and now I want my 1:45 hours back, big time.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Keep trying till you get it right
blrnani30 January 2018
Some philosophies say that is precisely the purpose of life, but repeated over ensuing incarnations. By a quirk of Hollywood, Bill Murray gets to do it all in one go. It is funny that an actress I don't rate very highly plays a major role in 2 of my favourite films (the other being 3W&1F; I also liked green card, but the star of that for me was the delightful conservatory). But imho the greatness of the film hinges on the path Murray's character takes when granted apparent immortality, with desperation followed by exploitation followed by despair and suicide attempts, until he finally gets it! In the process, I don't know how many times he gets his face slapped by the object of his desires... affection... and eventually genuine love, but enough to give him a permanent disability if not for the daily reset button. Wouldn't we all like one of those! But in the meantime, there are a lot of very valuable life lessons in this film, as well as hilarious entertainment.
25th Anniversary!
Raven-196924 January 2018
The day depends on how you look at it. This truth really sinks in for celebrity weather reporter Phil Connors in returning to Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, to cover Groundhog Day. Oddly enough, he wakes each morning at the same time and place as the morning before and, unlike everyone else, retains memories from the proceeding day. At first Phil, selfish and shallow, utilizes the new-found knowledge to take advantage of others; stealing the hearts of beautiful women and bags of money. Telling people what they want to hear, of which he has uncanny knowledge, works like a charm. This is until he attempts to woo Rita, the network producer. Phil works relentlessly to get into her head and appear to like everything she likes; French poetry, the piano, acting spontaneously, ice cream and kids, yet Rita is not so easily deceived. No matter what he does, she sees right through him. To win Rita's heart, Phil must change his own.

In the 25 years since this film was released it has found a place in the American psyche. This feel good combination of comedy, fantasy and romance currently ranks #233, five places ahead of Jaws, on the widely used film database IMDb. This popularity has much to do with the film's valuable lessons regarding self-awareness and sincerity, and with the appealing star power of Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell (both are excellent here). Despite its simplicity and awful B-movie quality beginning, the film attains unexpected heights in spite of itself. This mirrors the path taken by the main character as well as the film's 25 year rise in cultural esteem. This was the first time I watched the film. Michael Shannon makes a surprising appearance.
Campers, rise and shine!
iamookay15 January 2018
An hilarious romantic comedy that tells a beautiful story by depicting awful truths. It's Bill Murray at his best, and it has an unquestionably powerful message that can be appreciated and, at the same time, enjoyed.
I Think I Saw This Before
JP15 January 2018
Phil Connors is a self-absorbed weatherman who literally hates anything and anyone good. He is sent to the town of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania to cover the Groundhog Day, along with his cheery producer and an unfortunate cameraman. The next day, it is Groundhog Day again, and the next, and then the next. He realizes he's in a time loop, unable to move on to the next day.

I really like this movie. The story itself is clever and original. To teach a mean-spirited man a lesson by making him live the same day over and over again, it's great. It's a hilarious film with a great moral lesson. The plot is also interesting, I mean, what would you do if it was you? You can literally do anything without consequences, which can be a little scary if you think about it.

Bill Murray is hilarious, without being corny or whatever. He's just natural when he acts, he doesn't overdo things.

I think that's all I can say about this.
Perfectly-judged comedy
Leofwine_draca9 January 2018
GROUNDHOG DAY is a classic comedy of 1993 that goes to show that the best premises are the simple ones. Bill Murray is perfectly cast as a jerk of a local TV weatherman who finds himself forced to live the same mundane day over and over again. I was partly dreading this because of the focus on his romance with Andie MacDowell, fearing another vomit-inducing film in the style of FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL, but I needn't have worried. MacDowell is very good here (although the film belongs to Murray) and the romance handled sensitively. However, it's much more than just a romance. It's a film which explores the human condition and has a lesson for both Murray and the viewers in how to treat people. It's funny rather than preachy, and comes across in a very similar fashion to IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE except with many more laugh-out-loud moments.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An easily digestible, entertaining tale
joaofilipeafonso-353743 January 2018
Groundhog Day has quite the fame of being this unique classic. In that regard, Groundhog Day is a fairly entertaining story about redemption and self-discovery of one's own behavior. It has Bill Murray in a performance that boasts toward both the devilish and the heartfelt and a safely entertaining amount of jokes and gags. Some of its middle, mainly how the character of Bill Murray deals with his condition, feels somewhat unbeliavable, but the movie quickly finds a way to remind you of the charm it carries.

Andie MacDowell and Bill Murray portrait two characters whose development and conclusion allude to the various themes of Groundhog Day and, at the end of the day, are the main ingredient in the sucess of the movie's charm.
A great story 8 /10
saletehnolog9 December 2017
A great movie. It can be strange to people that one of these same scenes repeats during the whole movie. However, these repetitions carry a number of important life messages. One of them, of course, could be that each one of us can be better than he is and can do more for her environment than before.The comical situation in the film is over and I believe that they will contribute even better. The end of the movie is magnificent.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
It's February 2nd; for the -nth time.
John William H.25 November 2017
Groundhog Day came out in 1993 as a standard box office success and then it grew into something bigger and more renowned as a unique fantasy-comedy that puts another limelight on Bill Murray, showing that anything he's given he will make an impressionable and lovable appearance. He can take the premise of a man LITERALLY living the same day over and over and make a great movie out of it. I mean how can you not love the guy? His relatable and witty personality just makes up for some truly great stuff that he did with Harold Ramis and Columbia, like this film, Stripes and the original two Ghostbusters movies. Harold Ramis clearly loved Bill Murray as a friend and as a brother-from-another- mother and Groundhog Day is arguably the finest offering that cake from the two's collaborations.

I love this movie; it's about repetition but it never gets boring when you watch it again. It's fun to try and figure out how many times the film repeats itself, and it's a strong tale of douche-turned-gentleman.

For a movie that's about repeating the same day over and over, the movie itself is one of the most rewatchable movies you'll ever know.
Funniest Bill Murray Movie To Date
eric26200320 November 2017
Sure there is a thing in life that everyone deserves forgiveness. Even when we all screw up, whether one or one billion times over and over again, we must always forgive for all who have made mistakes because in the thick of it all, we as humans are all screwed up in some way. Whether we admit it or not.

Local weather reporter Phil Connors (Bill Murray) is a condescending, arrogant, sarcastic individual who has been assigned the task to cover a fluff story on Groundhog Day, right in the heart of small town Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania where Punnxsutawney Phil, the groundhog will pop his head out of his burrow, cast his shadow to tell us six more weeks of winter. This doesn't impress Phil who feels like this is insulting to his intelligence. Just as Phil was about to return to Pittsburgh, a blizzard approaches so he ad his crew which includes his producer Rita Hanson (Andie McDowall) and his cameraman Larry (Chris Elliott) to spend a night at a hotel in the area. Only to realize that the next day, it's Groundhog Day all over again and everything that happened yesterday repeats itself again the next day and the day after and so on. Phil is trapped in some kind of vortex will tomorrow never comes.

What really makes the movie "Groundhog Day" work is that underneath the comedy and fantasy plotting is that there's a low- prolific genre of mystery involved as we try to piece the puzzle as to how Phil can get out of this bubble so that tomorrow can come and a new day will happen. While he knows that his every waking moment are the same people dong the same things like yesterday, everybody else surrounding Phil are completely oblivious. And through every repeated day, he always has an advantage. An advantage to go over his day and reconsider his wrong ways and in hopes to change his ways and thoughts and to become a better person.

The perfect individual for this task to be a better character is his co-worker Rita, who has been quite patient towards Phil's demands, quips and general lack of courtesy. As the repeated days go by where everything's planted in terms of routine, he starts to become nicer and friendlier to Rita until one particular Groundhog Day, she finally falls in love with him and a new day begins and the curse is broken.

Though it's primarily a comedy, there are very high levels of thought-provoking factors we can all certainly reflect upon. Like Bill Murray's 1988 movie classic "Scrooged", Murray is playing a similar cranky character going through extraordinary predicaments in order to live through his mistakes and to break through these burdens in order to become a better person. Even though it's a Groundhog Day movie, there is another Christmas movie that has a similar plot as well, "It's a Wonderful Life" where James Stewart's George Bailey stuck in a life where everyone's woeful without him. In "Groundhog Day" Phil discovers that everyone would be happier if he was not involved in their lives.

Directed and co-written by longtime friend of Murray's Harold Ramis, they have collaborated in several films in 1970's, 1980's and like "Stripes" and "Ghostbusters" and though they had a fallout after this movie, it was nice that Murray and Ramis made peace with each other before Ramis' death in 2014. Unlike "Scrooged" which had a more darker, misanthropic edge to its comedy, Groundhog Day" was lighter in tone and had a more greater feeling of optimism. The change of heart was well executed as the story flowed nicely, I did fall off the edge of my chair laughing at the early scenes as Phil was giving the weather report in smarmy, cynical way and cursing at the curse that brought him on journey to redemption.

The film at the time was original in delivery with a well added twist that has morals placed in while it refrains from anything remotely preachy about it. Sometimes we need a refresher course and to comes to terms that in life, we got everything we want and more and to appreciate them while we can. Our time here on Earth is limited, we just have to make the most of it.
A charmer
Rupert Munn20 November 2017
Initially, I wasn't convinced by this film, but as it developed, the situation matured, the characters grew, and I became thoroughly invested. What an intriguing concept this is, and how cleverly it is told. The repeating day formula could easily become hammy, unfunny and tedious, but it is constructed beautifully. The key to this is the absence of long-term temporal reference - we are stuck in the same day as Phil, but without knowing how much we haven't seen. We see relationships at key points, we see plans at their inspiration and at their culmination, and the way we are constantly made to play catchup and fill in the blanks contributes to a sense that we are sharing and matching Phil's relationship with his predicament. A simple premise continually manages to find new avenues to surprise us, without ever feeling as though its movements are purposeless. There is a fantastic sense of direction here, and it makes the film far deeper than initially expected. This film plays with you gently, and charms you into engaging in what appears a mundane setup. Very well done.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
"Will Phil come out to see his shadow?"
classicsoncall30 October 2017
I was ready to question why this movie would have found a place in IMDb's 'Top 250', but I read a few insightful reviews offered by other viewers and their ideas made me stop and think. In particular, user 'KFL' had some really meaningful insights that I had to take into consideration and his comments changed my thinking about the picture. So thank you once again to IMDb and the thoughtful folks who share their ideas on these boards.

Before that, I only saw this film as pretty much a lighthearted romantic comedy. The repetition didn't bother me because slight changes to Phil Conners' (Bill Murray) routine each day kept things moving in a spontaneous manner. The interesting thing is, Murray's character was becoming a better person day by day as he got to know the residents of Punxatawney and they got to know him. Falling in love with Rita (Andie McDowell) was the impetus needed to break the spell of the time loop and was a neat way to close out the story.

And besides, any movie that includes a polka has to be a happy one. The story took place in Punxatawney, PA, so what better tune to get the town revved up than The Pennsylvania Polka!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
not bad but not too beautiful
francescomottinaccimab4 October 2017
the film falls into the monotone. You see many scenes that repeat and this is a bit annoying. All in all the movie is not bad, it's original, but the rest is just decent. I've always liked Bill Murray and even in this movie I did not disappoint, though all the other characters are absolutely out of character. is a classic Christmas movie, though much more beautiful than those other Christmas movies that we are sorry for today.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Feel good, and a whole lot more
Hari Shankar2 October 2017
I never thought there could be a "feelgood movie" to match 'It's A Wonderful Life'. Till now.

What's a 'feelgood movie'? A movie that, quite simply, makes you feel good. In that, feel ONLY good. Not a single bad moment. That's a high peak to ascend. 'It's A Wonderful Life' ascends it. As does 'Groundhog Day'. Or at least it comes tantalizingly close.

Like 'It's A Wonderful Life', this, too, is a fantasy film. And like 'It's A Wonderful Life', this film, too, is about goodness. Only, Jimmy Stewart, every so subtly playing George Bailey in the former, had to be SHOWN how good he WAS. Whereas Bill Murray, with a matchingly evocative depiction of Phil Connors in this, learns how good he can BECOME.

'Groundhog Day' is a purely, unabashedly spiritual film. Its premise is one that could easily have fallen flat, or become a basis for pulp kiddie fantasy fare - of an ordinary man getting stuck in a time loop where he wakes up, each day, to find it's the 2nd of February, all over again. Don't be fooled however ... that is merely the backdrop for an intensely, almost Biblically spiritual tale, of a man's transcendence - "transformation" would be too weak a word - from an intensely self-centred, unlikeable "jerk" (as he calls himself at one point), to a being of pure beauty, and goodness unalloyed. It displays how, placed in such an unenviable position, Phil traverses a gamut of emotions - from initial shock and fear, to the purely selfish realization that he can do whatever he wants without caring for the consequences, to ... well, I don't want to reveal too much - let's just say that, at first, he plays the day, and, later, the day plays him.

It's a spectacular, and fittingly understated, performance by Bill. It has often been opined that no other actor could have done the role, and, watching Bill, one does feel so. Andie Macdowell is, however, equally luminous, and provides the halo to Phil's God (as he, again at one point, calls himself). They complement each other perfectly, and, together, tell us a tale which can never be forgotten.

'Groundhog Day' is a cleansing, purifying experience. To call it a fantasy film - as Wikipedia does - is unfair, for it is SOOO much more.

Why I am giving it 9, instead of 10, out of 10. I don't know. But I am. Let's leave it at that.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Still as good today as it will be today. And today…
bowmanblue10 September 2017
If you've somehow found yourself watching the 2016 version of 'Ghostbusters' you may or may not have noticed some bloke popping up in the middle of the film, only to disappear as quickly. I barely spotted him. In fact, it took me until practically the end of the movie to realise it was Bill Murray, now reduced to a cameo in the film that – arguably – made him a household name. Whatever you think about the 'Ghostbusters' remake, after the original he was riding high and one of his follow-up roles (and possibly 'best') was as Phil Conners in 'Groundhog Day.' If you haven't watched it then, by now, you've probably seen a film that's – technically – based on it. The formula is a simple, if pretty basic one: a man is literally trapped in a day. No matter what he does, where he goes or who he meets, he simply wakes up the following morning in today. Since 'Groundhog Day' I've watched this format played out in all sorts of other films or TV programmes – everything from the 'X-files' did it, to variants of the genre such as incorporating horror and sci-fi to the mix. However, no matter how fun they were, none have really come close to watching a grown man kidnap a small rodent and take it for a joy ride through a quarry pit in small-town America.

Bill Murray plays a weatherman who hates his assignment covering a – in his mind- low-brown and pointless celebration in a small American town which has a tradition involving a groundhog (also called 'Phil!') supposedly predicting the weather for the next few months. Murray's done it for years and is totally sick of it, however, when the day ends, a freak snowstrom strands him not just in the town, but also in the day. What follows is quite an accurate account of what might occur should this happen. At first you have confusion and disbelief, followed by the freedom to know everything that's going to happen in the future (or at least for the next twenty-four hours) and finally depression at the realisation that you're never going to live any other life that what's on offer for this day.

Rumour has it that Murray disagreed with the film-makers as to what sort of film this should be. He wanted it as a deep and emotional study of the human condition when presented with such a situation, whereas the director wanted more of a fluffy family (romantic) comedy. From what I can tell both parties seemed to get their way. Yes, this film could be classed as 'fun for all the family.' There's something for everyone to enjoy. It's great fun without ever getting too dark to be difficult to explain to younger viewers. However, it does also grant Murray his wish to a degree as, despite its absurd premise, you could argue that it plays out almost exactly how it would if a human was faced with this 'capture in time.' I watched 'Groundhog Day' when it first came out in the cinema and I'm pleased to say that it's as good today as it ever was. There are plenty of good supporting cast members, my favourite was Murray's long-suffering camera man, but this is Murray's baby. The film sits firmly on his shoulders and he carries it perfectly. Enjoy its numerous imitations, but this will always be the original and best. If only the same could be said about the 2016 'Ghostbusters!' (meow!)
Decent!
mauricepfeife6 September 2017
A nice, funny and heartfelt story with a message and a great main actor who is able to to do both funny and emotional scenes. But the story as a whole feels a little bit stretched out, it is kinda predictable and I didn't find Andie MacDowells acting too good + the humor didn't always work for me (sometimes it was too dark in my opinion). =I had a nice time watching it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Seriously, how long did he spend there?
EBJ7 August 2017
'GROUNDHOG DAY'

Directed by Harold Ramis

Starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell.

Plot Overview: ​Phil (Bill Murray), a weatherman, is out to cover the annual emergence of the groundhog from its hole. He gets caught in a blizzard that he didn't predict and finds himself trapped in a time warp. He is doomed to relive the same day over and over again until he gets it right.

The one thing I knew about this film going into it was the premise. I knew nothing else about it - who the starred in it, who directed it, the names of characters; nothing. Thanks to this lack of knowledge, I thankfully had no expectations either way towards the film. I think that worked towards the film's favour. Let me say this, I do recommend this movie and like it quite a bit but I think I would have been extremely disappointed if I had even the slightest expectations. So if you haven't seen the film, I recommend it just don't go in expecting greatness or mediocrity.

Movies like this are, to me, concept movies. They thrive of their unique and interesting concept or gimmick and then use that as a crutch. That is why the concept for this movie is a great one and the reason it has inspired works such as All You Need Is Kill(Edge of Tomorrow). The story surrounding this idea is also pretty decent. We follow our protagonist through possibly decades worth of the same day, with a new focus every once and a while. We see him utilise this gift/curse to learn new skills and try to perfect the day. This is the most interesting part of the film for me. The concept of achieving a perfect day. Reliving a day over and over and over again for eternity until you complete it with no error or flaw is fascinating.

Bill Murray is great as Phil and succeeds spectacularly at showing the growth of his character. Andie MacDowel was pretty weak as Rita for me and I didn't buy anything she did or said. I did, however, buy into the romance between the two slowly building over the course of a possibly decade. Even if it did feel slightly manipulative, I did definitely see the connection building over the course of the the film.

The cinematography and editing for the film is perfectly passable and looks fine.

The movie was pretty funny and it's on the upper half of comedies that I've seen. The dramatic moments also work pretty well and are effectively utilised for full emotional impact. If I had one main flaw with the film, it is the very boring and uninteresting first 20 minutes. I'll make an estimate and say the film begins to get good around the point he sees the benefits of this gift/curse.

Honestly, I will recommend you see this movie just don't expect the second coming of Christ. I'll rate this film 7 Perfect Days out of 10.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great
azatates6 August 2017
It is a wonderful event that such a filmin is happening on days when everyday life passes the same way.Blade runner and seven samurai. It's amazing to not get a prize. It's a great movie that reflects the importance of living alone.If you are bored too much, it will be a great movie to change your gaze, even if your annoyance will go away in a big way.
Soil for thoughts
drozdofalexander26 July 2017
This is one of the best stories in the movie that I've seen. Plunging into the desperation of the main character, you start to think about your days. And the conclusions that the character makes are applicable to real life. So that each day does not look like one - on another, just be a good guy and improve the world around you.
What a crazy, funny day
videorama-759-85939111 July 2017
Groundhog Day is a film, the more you watch, the more you appreciate it. It's a film, which telegraphs many messages, especially for 9-5 er's, about a weather man, who keeps reliving the same day, where unlike the boredom of that film, Run Lola Run, the replaying scenes become more fun, as to see how Murray will react different to them. Bill Murray acts the way he wants to act, regarding performance, and we wouldn't want it anyway. He doesn't overplay it ether, as if in reality, this really did happen. He's a new anchor, who's in love with his assistant, Mcdowell, while her cameraman Elliott, is a quietly arrogant uncaring p...k. Murray too, cheats death, many times. GD has a a lot of funny moments, some real hoots, but also makes you take a good look at yourself. The dinner scene where he was scarfing on all those sugary sweets, made me slightly envious. A truly remarkable insightful film. Another winner from the late great Ramis, another cameo too. And what would the film be like, without it's title varmint.