IMDb > The Fugitive (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Fugitive

The Fugitive More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 26: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Very good thriller

Author: lisafordeay from Ireland
24 May 2013

Harrison Ford is a brilliant actor end of story. You gotta love his performance in this film and im not gonna lie here but the 80s and 90s were the best films of all compare to now(except some of them that are brilliant like Shrek,Tangled etc).

The Fugitive is based off a TV series of the same name and tells the story of a Doctor Kimple(played by Harrison Ford) who's wife got murdered by a one hand guy who lost his hand in an accident and wears a prosthetic hand.But none of the cops believe him when he is up in court as they thrown him in jail as they think HIS the one that murdered his own wife.

But when the train that brings him to jail breaks down,Richard(sporting long grey hair and a bushy grey beard)goes on the run and changes his appearance(by dying and chopping his hair) as well as shaving off his beard in order for the police not to notice him and to prove that he is an innocent man.

So when one of the FBI agents tracks him down(played by Tommy Lee Jones),Richard proves to him that he is telling the truth about the man with the prosthetic hand,but will Lee Jones' charcther believe his story and let Richard get away??

Bottom Line this movie was brilliant. You gotta love the story,you gotta love the acting and everything about this film is fantastic. I know I know its not aimed towards women like me,and I don't wanna sound racist when saying it but I for one would highly put this film in at no 20 on my list of all time favourite movies. Is it my all time favourite movie No but is it a great film YES.

Also keep an eye out for Jane Lynch(a very young looking Lynch)from Glee and Julianne Moore.

The Fugitive — A riveting chase with action and intrigue

Author: Avid Climber from Montreal, Canada
20 May 2013

The Fugitive has its plot pulled out of an 80s TV show with credible success. I don't know if the fans of the original series liked it, but I did.

The good. Captivating story. Well built scenario and characters resulting in a nice intrigue. Gripping pace that won't let you down and give you only a few pauses. Solid action and acting.

The actors. Commendable work by Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones.

The bad. Lee Jones' character and actions as well as his whole work structure are a bit over the top.

The ugly. Nothing.

The result. If you like intrigue, Ford, Lee Jones, or a story about a guy trying to clear his name, it's definitely for you. If you like action, you'll also find your entertainment. There's even a bit of romance and a cap on the violence so the ladies might find their own too.

A thriller of a thriller that tops itself in thrilling fashion

Author: Marc Israel from United States
26 April 2013

Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones do what they do best in this heart stopping man hunt. They give you their clichéd gawks, studied replies and cowboy humor. And we love 'em for it. We also have a murder investigation, accompanied by the flashbacks of convicted Dr. Kimbel while on the run. The supplemental plot surrounding a wonder drug drives the finale a bit more than necessary as Hollywood goes straight to the obligatory good versus evil fisticuffs. Up until then, the action scenes trump each other and are always held up by the drama. What man wouldn't be obsessed with finding the truth when having Sela ward taken from you in her prime? While the one-armed bandit stays true to the TV storyline, our doctor saving a little boys' life seemed a bit over the top, but this blockbuster film still holds up over time.

"Makes you think, is there a formula for filmmaking?"

Author: manendra-lodhi (manendra.lodhi@gmail.com) from India
26 March 2013

The film starts directly with the story without going into establishing much in the starting. The story starts with Harrison ford being accused of his wife's murder. Now after seeing so many movies, it is inevitable for me to think, where the plot will eventually go. But the story is simple without paying much emphasis on twists. The man is falsely accused and runs away owing to unusual circumstances and then starts to work in order to prove his innocence. There is pretty much just the running away from the police in the entire film. The plot is simple and what makes the movie worth watching are its fascinating screenplay and the power to grab your heart. The casting is one of the best. It could not have been better. From the starting itself the undoubted innocence on the face of Harrison ford as Dr. kimbley is the clue for everyone that he is falsely accused. This is the entire film. I cannot spoil the movie further because there is nothing much in the plot. Tommy lee Jones on the other hand again looks so sympathizing as the police officer that I knew from the beginning that he is going to help in the end. The movie is the best example of how a very simple plot can be so exciting. I was bound to think whether there can be a formula to make successful films. However, at times I got irritated at how he is able to escape always just from under the nose but then the innocent look on his face doesn't allow to go deeper into that. The film is very much normal and one of the best at the same times.

MESSAGE: "Everyone gets a chance."

VERDICT: "A recommended watch."

beautiful

Author: yagmurdkk from Turkey
14 December 2012

It's an old movie . My friends suggested to me this movie.I wonder this movie . After I saw book of the film . I watched the movie . I really liked this movie .I want watch this movie in cinema . there are a lot of action sequence in this movie . I love action sequences . the movie very beautiful . I am sorry of Dr. Richard Kimble . because he did not kill his wife . I suggested this movie to everyone . Many people don't know this film . because it's an old movie . there are interesting sequence in this movie . for example , Dr. Richard Kimble jumped into the dam . he is escape . I congratulate the players . I congratulate the director .

The Fugitive

Author: ipek-inan from Turkey
12 December 2012

Doctor Richard Kimble is a doctor who is very clever.He works Chicago Memorial Hospital.Her best friend name is Charlie Nichols and her wife is Helen who is very beautiful..One night, Richard's hospital friends get together at the party.Richard meet Dr.Alex Lentz during the party.Lentz working his new drug RDU-90.Richard thinks 'this drug is very harmful for people.In that night the party ends and he and his wife go to the their house.But when they came the house Richard's telephone was calling.Person on the phone saying:come to hospital please a patient needs you..If you are late,patient will be died.He leave her wife and goes to the hospital.The surgery ends and he comes their house.He hears different voice.The shadow want kill to Helen.Richards try to fight him.But shadow's - a man- artificial arm remains Richard's hands.The man escapes and Richard run to Helen.But Helen is dead.Richard is very upset about this situation.The court finds him guilty. And give the death penalty.He and some prisoner go to the prison by bus.But bus have an accident and however he escapes.Detective Gerard searches him.Kimble escapes from Gerard and police.He has got a big adventure.He thinks 'I must find Helen's killer'. This film is very good,big action scene,thought-provoking'who is the kill her?' and etc.. My best scenes are Kimble jumps into waterfalls and I learned who is killer...There is also a book of this film.I would recommend to everybody..

Author: David Allen (TexAllen@Rocketmail.Com) from Columbia (Lancaster County) Pennsylvania, USA
23 October 2012

"The Fugitive" (1993) works because both the man chased and the man doing the chasing are likable.

Harrison Ford plays a wrongly accused of murder physician escaping from captivity, trying to prove his innocence by locating the actual criminal who did what Ford is accused of doing (murder).

It'a a similar, though less leisurely, role to that played by Ford in "Witness" (1985) in which Ford plays a Philadelphia police detective wrongly accused of crime and hunted by other Philly cops (who are actually guilty of the crime).

The entire movie moves, and pulls the audience in because both the protagonist and his pursuer are likable characters.

The policeman doing the chasing is portrayed by Tommy Lee Jones, who got a Best Actor Academy Award for "The Fugitive" (1993) and deserved it.

The audience roots for both the man chased and also the man doing the chasing.

It is important for audiences to like characters they are presented with in dramatic movies. The more humanity, character depth, and intelligence a character shows through his dialog and actions, the better the movie, and this applies to all characters in the story, certainly all the main ones.

"The Fugitive" (1993) does this very well, better than any other famous action movie I ever saw.

Another thing which makes "The Fugitive" (1993) a superior movie is the complete absence of four letter word expletives commonly heard in most other "action movies" (espcially Bruce Willis movies). Good action movies are possible and better without the expletives. But in today's world (2012), it is unusual to see and hear a movie without them, sadly.

-------------

Written by Tex Allen, SAG Actor.

Email Tex Allen at TexAllen@Rocketmail.Com.

Visit WWW.IMDb.Me/TexAllen for movie credits and biography details about Tex Allen. Thanks.

Excellent Chase Film!

Author: g-bodyl from United States
19 August 2012

The Fugitive by far is one of the best films dealing with fugitives on the run from the law. This film has two solid leads and it reminds me of action films from the 80's. The train sequence at the beginning of the film is definitely one of the best train sequences seen on film.

This film is about a doctor who is wrongly accused of murdering his wife and is sentenced to death. He escapes from prison to prove his innocence. But can he do that with the U.S Marshals on his tail?

The acting is very good. Harrison Ford is at his best as the man on the run. Even better is Tommy Lee Jones as the head Marshal. He was great and is someone you don't want to mess with.

Overall, this is one of the best thrillers of the 1990's. This movie has a fair share of action and drama combined. I rate this film 10/10.

intriguing movie all the way about trying to catch a slippery eel

Author: (daviddaphneredding@att.net) from United States
4 August 2012

"I DON'T CARE!" "Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimball. Go find him." These lines of Tommy Lee Jones practically set the tone for the chase for the vascular surgeon who was accused of killing his wife in Chicago in this superior Warner Brothers production. The storyline, especially for me and others in my generation who watched the TV series by the same name in the 60's, is very familiar: Dr. Kimball is, to reiterate, falsely accused of killing his wife, though Deputy Marshal Sam Gerard very stubbornly refuses to believe it. An unfair judge at an unfair trial sentences Kimball to be killed, but on the way by bus to the place where the execution is to take place there is a wreck where, after an attempted killing on the bus, the bus gets swayed onto a railroad when a fast train plunges into the bus, (which is real in the movie), leaving Kimball to escape to run back to Chicago, and so he does. I was impressed with the acting. Tommy Lee Jones justly earned the Best Supporting Actor Award for 1993, and Harrison Ford aptly conveyed the fact that he was a bitter and upset man, knowing he was unjustly accused of murder and very angry that his wife was dead and he did not know who the real killer was. Sela Ward was very appealing as Kimball's wife Helen, and Jereon Krabbe portrayed well the two-faced, crooked physician. The setting was and was not drawing: the Carolina woods made a beautiful part of nature, but some of the parts of Chicago were dismal at best. I was glued to the movie because of the story itself and the concomitant excitement. My late Mother, who was in her late 70's when she watched the DVD of it with me one night, like it as well, and she was very picky. Arnold Kopelson was a capable producer, and Andrew Davis was a skillful director, and I was especially impressed with the music of James Newton Howard. Yes, it was a very impressive movie, another one of those I have watched repeatedly.

Pure Genius

Author: Alyssa Black (Aly200) from United States
25 July 2012

Harrison Ford takes on the role of Chicago surgeon Dr. Richard Kimble in this 1993 film based on the popular 1960s series. Kimble is accused and convicted of the brutal murder of his wife Helen (Sela Ward)and is to be taken to the death house when the bus he is on is wrecked by a train. Now on the run as a fugitive, he is pursued by the obsessed Deputy US Marshal Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones in an Oscar-winning role). This film is one of my many favorites for the film's elements of action, pursuit and the sheer brilliance of Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones as each man faces off to discover the truth and Jones' hunt for Ford throughout the streets of Chicago. Fans of action/adventure films should definitely check out this classic and masterful thriller.