IMDb > The Fugitive (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Fugitive

The Fugitive More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 29: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

exceptionally well...

Author: Nick Jamieson (Machiko) from Sherwood Park, Alberta
26 February 2002

This movie has a certain animosity to it, a special magnitude. Having recently seen Collateral Damage, I felt the urge to watch this again and see how it stacked up against the director's new stuff.

It does exceptionally well. Harrison Ford is a magnificent actor with numerous great films under his belt. At times in this movie, its hard not to imagine him as his Tom Clancy character, just from his appearance. The supporting cast all did great jobs, and Tommy Lee Jones is a great sarcasm actor with dry wit. This movie is a definite for Ford/Jones fans and I give it 8/10.

5 stars!

Author: R Nathan from Boston, MA
14 February 2002

Gripping thriller! The movie will keep you on the edge of the seat right from the first scene. At the end you WILL be sorry that the movie got over. One of the better performances by Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones.

let the chase begin!

Author: Real Critic
3 January 2002

If you're going to improve a routine story like a wrongly accused man trying to prove his innocence, then this is the way you should do it. Plenty of high-energy action (the train was real), suspense, and exciting chases resulting in narrow escapes. Bad casting could have hurt this film, but fortunately, Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones make great foes. Highly watchable! 3/4

Action, drama, suspense, great acting

Author: Jared Noll (j.man@prontomail.com) from Claremont, NH, USA
27 December 2001

It continues to amaze me how Harrison Ford can continue to do excellent acting jobs, but has never received an Oscar. In this thriller, Ford plays a doctor( Richard Kimble) wrongly convicted of his wifes murder. Tommy Lee Jones, who did pick up an Oscar, is the U.S. Marshall( Sam Gerard) who is bent on catching the escaped Kimble. Playing like an adapted Les Miserables, this is actually taken from a true story. Throughout the movie, Kimble evades police while trying to track down his wife's real murderer. While containing a few scenes that require a stretch of imagination, as a whole the movie is realistic, and full of edge-of-the-seat suspense.

One of the best movies ever

Author: lschoux from Luxembourg, Europe
2 December 2001

Great movie, great plot, great acting, great special effects.

Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones were an excellent casting choice. Ford is brilliant and Jones is at an all-time best.

Worth purchasing on DVD with a great soundtrack. I watched it for the n-th time and am still not tired of it.

Excellent movie and story.

Author: Pallieter Koopmans from The Netherlands
15 November 2001

Excellent movie and story, though misses an ending (a good tie-up of plot elements).

Really worth while to watch in the company of friends or a loved one.

top notch action thriller

Author: mattkratz (themattk@hotmail.com) from Richardson, TX
15 September 2001

This movie featured Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones in top form in this theatrical update of the TV series of the same name. Ford portrays Dr. Richard Kimble, who is unjustly accused and convicted of murdering his wife. Following a harrowing bus crash on his way to be executed, he escapes and begins his quest for the one-armed man who actually committed the crime, all the while being pursued by Lt. Sam Gerard (played by Jones). The film features excellent chase scenes and a finale which is not to be missed. The dam scene was one of my favorites. All in all, this movie impressed me, and Jones deserved the Oscar he won for his role in it. Get this one if just to see the chemistry between Ford and Jones!

*** out of ****

Solid action and great suspense as Ford and Jones goes Tom & Jerry

Author: Draftback from Sweden
31 July 2001

Based on the 1960s classic TV series, The Fugitive is a great action movie filled with suspense tinged with a little bit of everything. Ford plays the wrongfully accused doctor that after escaping from his prison transport becomes a fugitive. Jones puts in an Oscar winning performance as the US Marshal that goes after him.

The chemistry between the Ford/Jones duo is a pleasure to watch. The Fugitive part together with the struggle between two strong personalities makes up for two truly entertaining hours. Was followed a couple of years ago by US Marshals.

"I didn't kill my wife!"

Author: 4-Kane from Boston, MA
15 July 2001

In my opinion, "The Fugitive" is the best movie of 1993. It is also one of the few successful films-based-on-a-TV-series. Harrison Ford is good as Dr. Richard Kimble. But to me, David Janssen still the best out of the three incarnations of the wrongly accused, yet rightly resourceful doctor. Tommy Lee Jones is equally effective as U.S. Marshall Sam Gerard, Kimble's pursuer.

For the movie, Gerard's title and first name were changed. Those who have seen either of the TV incarnations of the Fugitive will recall that his name is Lieutenant Phillip Gerard. Why the change is anyone's guess.

The best lines in this film are from Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. The former shouts: "I didn't kill my wife!" In response, the latter says, "I don't care!" The message here, of course, was that Gerard's job was to nab Kimble, not determine his guilt or innocence.

This movie has it all!

Author: frodepiskoger from Nivå, Denmark
28 May 2001

Ford and Jones are doing one of their best performances ever in this movie, which probably also is the reason I like it so much. It has has suspense, action and anything you need to have in a great action movie. The story is great and with some twists it never gets boring, unlike US Marshals. If you somehow have missed this movie, I highly recommend it...!

8,5 out 10