IMDb > The Fugitive (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Fugitive

The Fugitive More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 26: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Premium Harrison Ford In Moral Struggle action flick

Author: Framescourer from London, UK
31 March 2004

Entertaining thriller, everyone brilliantly cast. The key to the success of this film is the water-cooler repartee of the marshal's office team under Tommy-Lee Jones. Life is one big crossword puzzle and they always complete theirs. So when (the never better) Harrison Ford stays out of reach it sets off a cycle of excitement and disappointment that are good foil for the inevitable action sequences.

This can't last though, as the function of the team relies of the black-and-whiteness of the situation. As Ford's Richard Kimble finally shakes off the shadow of presumed guilt the dynamic becomes more personal. I find the denouement a little unsatisfactory (it's all a bit serious) as a result.

The film is crisp and gets on with the action without romanticising Kimble's struggle for freedom. Matinee heaven 7/10

A HIT!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
9 June 2003

This movie was a real smash! My brother and saw this and I thought to myself, this is definetly a BIG HIT! Since it was filmed in the mountain area of North Carolina, that was one reason I liked it, for Harrison Ford playing Dr. Kimball it was better, you got Tommy Lee Jones playing the determined US Marshal, Now you have a blockbuster hit! Based on the Quinn Martin hit show, in which I saw, days earlier I was determined to see the movie myself. The one scene that got me was the train wreck, the train looked like a blown up Tyco toy train after the wreck, but still liked it all the way. This movie was better than the TV version, and the suspense level was great! It was so good, I did a paper on it for college: I got a B, But I give the movie an A+!

One of the greatest Cat-and-Mouse suspense movies ever!

Author: Meltdown53098533 (Meltdown53098533@aol.com) from london, ont.
27 March 2003

I didn't expect much of The Fugitive when I first slipped it into my VCR, but after I saw this movie I almost kicked myself for thinking of such a thing because it was terrific! Tommy Lee Jones won an academy award for his portrayal of a U. S Marshal sent out to find and re-capture Richard Kimble (Harrison Ford, in (you can probobly guess) another smart and likeable role). But Kimble was sentenced guilty for the murder of his wife... but he didn't do it! Now Kimble has the strong U.S marshals chasing him, while Kimble himself is chasing the man he thought did it. Yes, yes, yes of course it sounds routine, but what makes this movie enjoyable are the strong performances,a very smart story and endless plot twists to wrap it all up. This movie is truely enjoyable. 9.0/10

Surprisingly intimate and emotional action film - 9/10 stars

Author: Greg (nexthendrix25) from Sudbury, MA, USA
16 March 2003

Although it is listed most commonly as an action film, "The Fugitive" is a delightfully dynamic film, surprisingly intimate and emotional as well as dramatic and thrilling. The movie keeps the viewer on the edge with its well choreographed chase and fight scenes, and the plot thickens effectively and challenges the audience to figure out the truth. There are many decent action films that share these characteristics, but "The Fugitive" has more depth and muscle than most other works of the genre due to its touching emotional context. Ford's subtle depression, the somber city and wilderness settings, the graphic flashbacks and the haunting musical score make enable the audience to understand the characters and empathize with them. There is also a good deal of humor, much of it improvised on the part of Tommy Lee Jones and his partners, which adds to the naturalistic feel of the film and credibility of the storyline. And the extraordinary plot twist and climax keeps the film from suffering the generic letdown of many potentially good thrillers. Overall this is an excellent film with an excellent plot that reveals more subtleties every time it is watched.

Great acting, Great effect, So-so plot

Author: John from New Mexico, USA
2 February 2003

I remember watching Harrison Ford on a talk show, on which the host asked Ford "Just HOW in the world did you guys make that train crash so realistic?" Ford replied, we took a train and crashed it.

Most of the movie follows the same pattern. No high tech visuals here, but plenty of action and plenty of chase scenes. Ford is his usual charming self, though I was going to leave the movie had he not cut that ugly beard off! Tommy Lee Jones was perfect for the part of US Marshall. He's pushy. He's conceited. He's extremely effective at irritating everyone but the audience. I can't help it .. I love the guy!

The plot and writing were a bit thin though. I give this movie an '8', but only because of the acting, which I did think was superb. Don't expect to be utterly surprised or wow'd at the end. But do expect to enjoy the movie.

'Fugitive' escapes from every flaw it could've had

Author: Jerry Jones from United States
30 December 2002

*** 1/2

Starring: Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones, and Sela Ward.

A man wrongfully accused of murdering his wife must run from an obsessed detective and find the real culprit. It has intense thrills, great acting, and a fun plot makes this movie one of the most fun movies of all time.

The "Godfather" of all Chase Movies

Author: Private Pyle from New York
19 October 2002

Great Performances by Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones, slick directing by Andrew Davis and a great score make this chase movie an instant classic.A murdered wife. A one-armed man. An obsessed detective. The chase begins.

Great action movie.

Author: Vampire Hunter D from Madisonville, KY
25 May 2002

I just got done watching The Fugitive fully for the first time ever today and I love it. This movies action, plot, characters all blend perfectly to make a great murder/action movie. The acting is also some of the best in the buisness! Give this a watch, you'll love it! 8.5/10.0

Not our good old Fugitive, but a good new one

Author: pw002662 (pw002662@compuserve.de) from Bsl, Germany
19 May 2002

I was very sceptical regarding the movie, as i was a buff for the old TV serial, especially the b\w issues providing with good entertainment and grasping suspense. But the movie holds up to it, added with contemporary special effects, action and fine acting from both Harrison and T.L. Jones. However, it is all too obvious, that a good guy like Harrison could have never killed his wife. So maybe they should have swapped the roles of the two, as the Jones type might leave some doubt in terms of killing ability for crooks and wives. And who says they could have turned the end upside down from the original ?

Suspense from begin till the end

Author: Luigi Di Pilla from Riehen, Switzerland
27 April 2002

I enjoyed the 130 minutes running time every second. It is a very clever story and the script has everything to make this movie to a must see thriller for every film fan! I can only say: Don´t miss it. I saw this film at least three times and i´m still looking forward to watch it later again. I gave 9/10.