IMDb > On the Edge of the Horizon (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

On the Edge of the Horizon More at IMDbPro »O Fio do Horizonte (original title)

Wow! Definitely one of the best!

Author: dmacioce from Neenach, CA
24 January 2000

I saw this film at an International Film Festival in LA about 4 years ago. I still remember it's intensity, and how captivated I was throughout the film. That's saying a lot, considering how many films I saw during that month, and how little publicized this particular film was. Although the film hasn't changed my life, it has definitely made a lasting impression.

Ever since then, I've been wanting to see it again, but could never find it.

I highly recommend watching this film if you get a chance. You won't forget it (or regret it).

Amazing Film

Author: arcofilms
30 September 2000

I saw this film in a Portuguese movie theater when I was visiting Lisbon years ago. I found it to be incredibly beautiful and mysterious. The French actor Claude Brasseur is really great in it and the whole feeling of the film reminds me of The Third Man. This director captured the city in an extraordinary way and plays with the camera to cross over the reality/imaginary line. Quite amazing. I returned to Lisbon years later and actually found the videotape for sale, so I bought it and have seen many times since. The music is by Zbigniew Preisner who wrote the music for Kieslowsky's The Double Life of Veronica.