IMDb > Ek Hi Raasta (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Ek Hi Raasta More at IMDbPro »

Ajay Devgan's fall after 2 major hits

Author: superindrajit from Hong Kong
5 August 2011

Ajay Devgan started his career with Phool Aur Kaante which was a hit film,he carried on with Jigar in 1992 which was a major hit but in the year 1993, Ajay Devgan lost his streak of hits. 1993, Devgan had 5 movies from which only one was a major hit. Ek Hi Raasta was his first release and it was a disaster. The movie is nothing good, there is just another plain Ajay Devgan who is training to become an army officer and his captain doesn't like him because he is poor. Plus, he has a foe who likes to get him into trouble. The stroy is similar to PAK's college parts but instead of a college, we have an army headquarter. But, the story becomes a mess after Raza Murad the terrorist is introduced and Devgan is blamed and sent to prison for robbery. Here we also have another Ajay Devgan story where he is framed and breaks out of prison and puts an end to injustice by the villain. But. there is no connection between him and the terrorist. There are many flaws and plot holes in the story and stupid comedy is thrown in for entertainment. If there is something good about the film, it is the action. Otherwise, the rest are nothing but total letdowns. The movie had a horrible trailer and the many people left the halls in the interval. The movie grossed a few lakhs and was given the right to be a box office bomb. After this movie, Devgan had three more flops and 1 major hit. The major hit was Divya Shakti and there he was applauded for his powerful performance. This movie is worth watching not even once so it is a must avoid. Watch PAK or Jigar not this, a must avoid!!!

Ajay Devgan at his finest

Author: mohsin ali khan from Pakistan
31 May 2010

This movie belongs to Ajay Devgan. One of his best performances I have seen and overall the movie was a fair deal. I really did not get bored through out the movie. Full fledged action sequences and some very good emotional scenes. Music could have been better but it was not bad for me. Script was also so much tight. A must watch for Ajay Devgan fans. Raveena Tandon looked so beautiful in this movie. It was the time when she was in full boom (aatish e jamal) as we say here. Mohnish Behl and Kulbhushan Kharbanda also acted well in their capacities. Saeed Jaffery was OK. But I would have preferred Amrish Puri or Danny in his role. So was the case with Raza Murad. He also fails to let me feel hatred for him.

It's all about the beefcake

Author: davo from Eugene, Oregon
3 August 2009

We got this by mistake, it was in the sleeve of the 1956 B.R. Chopra film of the same (or similar) name but different plot. Despite the presence of Raveena Tandon as the attractive love interest, Priya, the film is really all about the manly virtue, smooth moves, moral rectitude, good looks and killer instincts of the good soldier Karan, played by Ajay Devgan. Karan is the son of the dutiful orderly to the colonel. Being the son of an orderly exposes Karan to some class discrimination from a jealous rival. Karan's father gets to do some tearful scenery-chewing as he pleads the righteousness of his son, who is being framed. There is a kind of funny musical number (the disco-like Yaar ko Milne) with a bunch of soldiers dancing around in camouflage fatigues. Possibly one of the more lurid scenes is after Karan has been tortured, and cut and bruised, he practically gets a lap dance from Priya when, during the number Pyar Ke Kitne, almost literally rolling in the hay, she slides down his body for some crotch-worship, then gets all wet in the time-honored Bollywood tradition. I pretty much tuned out the savage bloodbath Karan perpetrates as he saves the day during the final section of the movie.