IMDb > Body of Evidence (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Body of Evidence

Body of Evidence More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 9: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Better then 'Basic Instinct'!

Author: Lindsey_1314 from Australia
6 May 2007

If your not big on 'court-room dramas', don't get comfortable. But I think beyond the court case side of the film, its really great. Madonna plays a seductress who's victim is her lawyer who is defending her over allegations that she killed Andrew Marsh (the man shes seeing) for money. I think Madonna really does a good job at keeping this film together. And Willem Dafoe does a good job. It's not a film I'd sit down and watch with my family, but definitely a film you should watch with a partner or alone if you like Erotic Thirllers, Solving things...and Madonna being naked all the time. And don't listern to the negative comments about this film. It's a very good film. ENJOY!

In the garage

Author: caa821 from Tulsa OK
11 December 2006

I'm not a fan of Madonna's music, and her acting certainly doesn't present anything noteworthy.

Further, I don't consider myself prurient (at least no more often or to a greater degree than the average person).

However, there are occasionally scenes in movies, where two attractive persons are involved in romantic couplings which are in the upper portion of anyone's "list" for the "steam" provided.

Examples would be scenes: between Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger in "Nine 1/2 Weeks" (especially the one in the outdoor stairwell); and Michael Douglas and Glenn Close in the elevator and continuing towards, and in, the kitchen, in "Fatal Attraction."

So it is with this film, most particularly the action between Willem Dafoe and Madonna in the parking garage. May be the best of the lot (and the best part of this flick).

Not worth your time

Author: Glendon Gross from United States
21 August 2006

OK, I wanted to see this partly because I wanted to find out if Madonna can act and also thought there might be good chemistry between William DeFoe and Madonna. Well, I had to turn it off! I was watching the movie on VHS and I stopped the tape. I found it disgusting, I don't like movies that mix sex and violence in such a way that it corrupts good morals. I didn't really expect Madonna to be moral, but I found this movie to lack entertainment value. Even though the sex scenes are realistic, I think the problem is that they are too realistic.... and the relationship between William DeFoe's character and Madonna's character seems somehow very contrived. It breaks all the rules of good conduct, and the cinematography leaves little room for the imagination. Regrettably the script allows for very little character development on the part of either Madonna or William DeFoe's character. If you like aggressive women, you may enjoy this movie merely for its fantasy fulfilling aspect... but for me the perversions took away from the enjoyment of the fantasy aspect of the romance.

This movie left me with the impression that Madonna hates men. Perhaps that is the message that the script wants to convey, I'm not sure. But twisted love should have some root of sincerity in order to be convincing, IMO. S/M types will probably love this movie... but those of us who don't like pain and sex mixed will find it revolting.

I think this movie would have been much better if there had been more time allowed on screen for genuine dialog between Madonna and William DeFoe's character. As it stands, based on what I saw, I wouldn't recommend the movie to anyone.

I liked this movie

Author: rogo921 from United States
2 March 2005

After reading the reviews and comments made on this movie, I looked it up on e-bay. Sure enough, someone had it for sale. I bid $5 on it, not expecting, or wanting, to get it. But I won the bid. I sent my money and it came in the mail. I fully expected to have to admit I had wasted my money and throw it away, but I decided to watch it first. And, you know what? I liked it! It was as good as Basic Instinct, or Fatal Attraction. The suspense was good, the musical score was very well written, and played just right to get the right mood for whatever was happening on the screen. It had a very good plot, even the courtroom scenes were interesting. No fast forwarding on this film.

One way I rate a movie, is to take out the sex scenes, and see if the story still holds together. Would it play on regular TV? Is the plot strong enough to hold a TV audience? It is. A surprise ending, with a good morale. "Karma, everyone gets what they deserve in the end." A good movie, better than most I have seen lately. I'm sorry I didn't rent it years ago.

I give it a vote of 7, maybe even an 8. You "self appointed movie critics" don't always know what you are talking about.

a steamy thriller (says the BBC)

Author: onzehans (hansdelau@hotmail.com) from Amsterdam, Holland
17 January 2001

And that's what it is. And I like trial-movies. And it's not a crime to like seeing Madonna in the nude! The actor's performance is worth while watching. You know from the beginning that there will be a surprise ending, that keeps you watching and that's what you're getting.Watch it alone when you're still up late. Or together for some ideas to improve a dull relationship.

Madonna is good at acting!

Author: Anna Smith from United States
10 November 2013

Hei, I gave 6 because the script was not that great, as a thriller it could have had a better suspense. But the acting work and directing was on the level. There is nothing wrong with Madonnas acting in this film. And she looks great too. It is a typical "erotic thriller" and not of the worst kind at all. It is just an average representative of the genre and as such, on a stronger side. The script has large plot holes like most erotic thrillers but most of the people watch it to see Madonna and men watch it for Madonna getting her clothes off, isn't it. I think Madonna and her lawyer had a good on-screen chemistry and it was a fully valid chill-out film to watch. This review is written by a heterosexual woman. I do not fancy Madonna, but I like her persona and her acting and I think she was good in this film.

I thought this movie was very good and exciting...why the bad rap?

Author: REBLHeart from Philadelphia, PA
14 April 2005

I really enjoyed this movie. I saw it last summer on HBO or some cable network. It was like a really good 'Law & Order' episode...There was great suspense, strong sexual scenes, twist in the story line.and not a bad cast. Willem and Madonna really worked well together. I was surprised to see Ann Archer in the film too. It was also nice to see a young Julianne Moore. She did an excellent job. You could see a chemistry between the two. I just wonder why it was not that popular...I agree it was like a Basic Instinct. My favorite part is def the end of the film, its one of those scenes that is completely unexpected! See this movie if you have the chance.

Madonna is so sexy

Author: anonymous
17 May 1999

I really enjoyed this movie because of Madonna, Madonna, and oh yes, Madonna. The plot is a joke, but Madonna steams up the screen considerably. This seemed like the perfect role for her, because it didn't even seem like she was acting. She so adeptly teases and torments Willem Dafoe that the viewer just knows that she is this kinky and sexy in real life! Madonna, handcuff me and drip candlewax on me anytime!

Excellent Movie very Intense

Author: jason douthit (jasondouthit@yahoo.com)
16 February 1999

I have problems with everybody putting this movie down. it's a 99% remake of Basic Instinct and everybody seems to love and praise that movie. Madonna Rocks in this movie. and the movie wouldn't be as enjoyable if it weren't way over the top

There were 1 star ratings, and then this movie came along, and they had to change the voting system

Author: Medusa13 from United States
3 February 2003

Complete prurient trash. Madonna plays a woman named Rebecca who is accused of the murder of her much older lover. Cause of death? Suffice it to say she is a little too good in bed. Needless to say, her lover dies (of a heart attack?). I saw parts of this movie on TV a long time ago, and so I felt the urge to rent it, to see the whole thing. What a mistake. Though the premise of the story is laughable, perhaps even intentionally humorous, I'm surprised it ever made it on the shelves. Funnier yet, there is still a copy for rent at the store where I work. The fact that there are still copies in circulation is beyond me.

Page 4 of 9: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]