IMDb > Adrift (1993) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Adrift (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Disappointing

Author: jamiecostelo58 from United Kingdom
8 November 2006

Adrift really ought to sail away and never return. When I first watched this a few years ago now, I thought to myself how can a well known Hollywood actress like Kate Jackson even contemplate accepting a role in such drivel? The suspense IS there in Adrift, and we can certainly believe that we do not know what is going to happen, no matter how hard we try and guess, but the cheap and 'cheerful' image Adrift gives out lets the side down. This film is basically a low budgeted version of the 1988 thriller Dead Calm, but the sense of loneliness and eeriness in that film never materialises in Adrift, and viewers will always realise the limit in budget and the weak unpretentious script.

Shock Horror! A good Kate Jackson Movie

Author: david from glasgow, scotland
25 July 2000

This is actually an okay little thriller very much in a Dead Calm vein. There's some needless sub-plot about extra-marital affairs at the start but once the action starts its pretty good.

An above average TV Movie with only a few "Thats just stupid - no-one would do that moments". The craziest being when one of the good-guys is trying to quietly escape but takes time-out on the way to noisily trash the villian's room thus putting the kibosh on the whole thing.

These things withstanding its worth 90 minutes or so of your time.

Almost nothing to say.

Author: Cissy-Fairfax from London, England
31 December 2007

Barely anything to say on this one. Couple get taken hostage by other couple on boat.

About 30 occasions along the way where they could've or should have escaped

But they never managed it.

In the end they way they do is pretty tame, so much so you expect the kidnappers to still be alive when the credits roll.

It's a job to stretch this out to 10 lines.

I suppose the lack of a 'finale' made it slightly more true to life and I made it through to the end.

Utterly hilarious!

Author: DJJ2002 from Boat with two psychos on
22 June 2003

This is the best comedy I've ever seen! Two badly acted psychos terrorise two badly acted partners on a badly acted boat! Okay I think I've overkilled it a bit now. Sorry. Anyway, I couldn't catch the plot 'cause I was laughing so hard. Actually, I told you it earlier. This is definitely a bad movie, not even so bad it's good, it's just, well, bad! Rating: 1/5