IMDb > "Mysteries of the Bible" (1994) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Mysteries of the Bible" More at IMDbPro »

A Great Documentary Series About The Bible

Author: Desertman84 from United States
24 April 2014

Mysteries of the Bible is an hour-long documentary series that was broadcast by A&E.It lasted five seasons from 1994 to 1998.It was all about the exploration of the greatest tales of the scriptures that has been bothering humanity for thousands of years.

Each episode is narrated by both Richard Kelly,who provides the narrative; and the late actress,Jean Simmons,who provides the quotes which provides the scriptural basis on the topic being discussed.It also contains interviews from experts,scientists and scholars who give their input on the topic being discussed.What they say will definitely astonish the viewers about surprising discoveries and revelations.Added to that,it is filmed on location particularly in the Holy Land wherein the exact locations of the events of the Bible were it was said to have happened and their supposed archaeological facts,evidences and surprisingly religious art.

I think that this series will definitely a joy to watch especially for viewers who have been interested scientific evidence and studies of the people and events contained in the scriptures.It is always interesting and never boring.It is also visually attractive.Overall,it is a great way to enrich one's knowledge of both Christianity,Judaism and surprisingly Islam.A viewer needs not to be very familiar with the beliefs of the religions mentioned previously to fully appreciate the each episode in documentary series.

Good watching!

Author: mizellie25
18 April 2014

With the voices of Richard Kiley and Jean Simmons, 'Mysteries of the Bible' is entertaining and thought-provoking. You don't have to have any knowledge of the Bible to enjoy this program, but having some familiarity with it doesn't hurt!

I wish the series was still being produced, as the quality of it was quite good and not hokey. There are guest speakers who provide their take on different 'mysteries' and how they came to be or how they were worked out, running from professors to clergy to literature experts. Even for the nay-sayers, it is interesting and well-crafted. The voices of Kiley and Simmons give it just the right touch.

Good stuff, well worth watching for all family members.

Biblical Angels

Author: Claudia160714
1 December 2012

The story of angels is very fascinating to me. Before watching this, I always imagined angels as innocent, sweet, gentle and caring beings. However, this documentary showed me another side of angels. I thought it was great how they talked about a few individual angels, and used examples from the Bible. This documentary also raises some good questions. Where and how were angels created? Did they first exist in the 6 days of creation or did they exist throughout eternity? The people interviewed in the documentary were very insightful on the topic of biblical angels. This really helped explain the idea behind angels as they had relevant and perceptive comments. Overall, I enjoyed watching this documentary as it deepened my understanding of biblical angels and how they affected people of the past.