IMDb > "Johnny Bago" (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Johnny Bago" More at IMDbPro »

Did anybody even bother to watch it?

Author: MayhapsItWasGoodBackThen from ImpossibleToPleaseThirtySumthings
18 February 1999

Once again there wasn't any comments about the show... Wonder why? As far as I can tell Johnny Bago was hilarious! Remember one episode with the King (You know who I'm talking about!) in it. He was all bloated but still ate all the time. Heheh! He was like a perfect gentleman at some point, and the next he was talking gibberish, mumbling, or humming some of his old songs. That specific episode was as fun as fun can possibly get!! And in gereral too the show was fun to watch.

I can't really remember what the plot was all about, but who cares about it. In fact that was probably the best thing in the whole show: You never knew what crazy things were going to happen in the episodes! Man, sometimes I just wish I could live as easy-going life as Johnny did... Just cruising around the states with an RV with no worries on my mind! [Okay, I wouldn't want to get in all that mess he usually winded up!] If you ever get the chance to see it on a re-run or whatever, I strongly recommend watching it!

Am I the only one who remembers this show?

Author: Bob Blaylock from California
10 February 1999

Johnny is the `white sheep' of a mafia family, and a terrible embarrassment to them. Just released from jail, after serving time for a crime he didn't commit, he's framed for a murder.

Not wishing to return to prison, he becomes a fugitive. In the first episode, he takes up with a kindly old man in a motorhome. The old man dies (peacefully, while fishing -- no foul play), and Johnny takes off in the motorhome, with his parole officer (who also happens to be his very spiteful ex-wife) in pursuit.

The last name, `Bago', by the way, is an alias he assumed. When the old man asked him his name, he saw the letters B-A-G-O, and not being any more imaginative than that, gave that as his last name. He was looking, at the time, at a partly-covered nameplate identifying the well-known manufacturer of the motorhome -- `Winnebago'.

In subsequent episodes, Johnny meets Elvis Presley, hangs out with a group of environmentalist crackpots, spends time among a group of migrant farm workers who think they see The Virgin Mary in a pattern of mud splattered on the motorhome's windshield, and has a variety of other highly improbable adventures.

Johnny Bago Fan Club!

Author: Chester McFisticuffs (rowboat@dazedandconfused.com) from Los Angeles
31 May 2000

I'm proud to join you three fine fellows in the Johnny Bago Fan Club.

That show was awesome! It was hilarious - just completely silly, from what I recall. I wish I had a Winnebago.

I second the motion for a Johnny Bago DVD collection!

hey, i'll be in your fan club

Author: eternalbutterfly from United States
14 March 2005

yes, all you "Johnny Bago" fans, this could be the place where we unite and discuss the show that only made it a portion of a season--but it was good!!! I honestly didn't even know anyone else had ever seen the show--I loved the humor of his crazy wife chasing after him and never being able to catch him no matter how hard she tried.

Johnny was a great show because it wasn't like the typical prime time cheesy shows they have on these days, it was very original.

One day I tuned into "Johnny Bago" (was it on Thursday nights?) and he wasn't on anymore! Every time I ask someone if they've actually seen the show, they're like "Johnny who?" I'm glad I'm not the only one out there, Johnny Bago fans unite!

Why didn't people watch good shows like this?

Author: Mike from Canada
4 February 2001

I don't remember much about the show anymore except for the fact that I liked it.....no,wait I LOVED IT! This show was silly,hilarious fun. I remember watching it every Friday or Saturday night at 11:35 p.m. I didn't miss one episode and this show should have never been canceled. One of the most underrated shows ever.

A great show which CBS cancelled...

Author: (mmc123@hotmail.com) from canada
3 April 2001

Well guys we should start a Johnny Bago fan club eh? HEHE. I was just a little kid..11 years old when this was on I remember watching it and I loved it...there were only 6 episodes and it was cancelled because of the ratings and also because csj ( the italian american organization) thought the show was harsh against italians...and the lead character was an italian..csj complained and complained to cbs and since the ratings were only so-so cbs listened to csj and cancelled the show. Other shows cancelled by CSJ were "Ganster Chronicles" "Mama Leone" and "The Tortellis".

The show was great and I wish I could find it on tape but the best thing I can do is get two of the 6 scripts..

Well Later Johnny Bago fans...

Classic Lunatic Comedy

Author: rparisious from Salisbury, Pennsylvania
4 April 2003

I just had a wonderful surprise.I thought I would be the only Johnny Bago fan and find there is an entire society out there,each member of which believes that he is the only one that was crazy over Johnny and his pals. I came in, by pure chance,half way through the Big Top episode.But managed to tape the four remaining sequels.The Elvis Caper which definitely a classic(I do not throw the word around lightly) of fantastic comedy;the Marrow Madonna;Trapped in the Mineshaft(after viewing this it is difficult to ever again take this subgenre seriously);and a strip poker game in an atomic lab which is just about to explode.There are apparently six in all. Right now my collection is in storage but within six weeks it should be available and I would be happy to exchange my episodes for the pilot and a complete copy of the Big Top episode,if anyone has them. I understand how my fellow Bagoites feel.I have never personally met anyone who knew that this series existed.However,nearly everyone with whom I have shared my tapes has asked for their own copies. A public reissue is definitely in order.

Loved this Show!

Author: robbakewell-1 from Canada
23 October 2007

Its good to know I'm not alone about being a fan of this show. No one, and I mean NO ONE, I ever mention this show to ever heard of it. I get this real blank look while they slowly repeat the title Joohhnnny Baaggoo back to me. I usually describe it as "The Fugitive" with a Winnebago! And its not a one-armed man but a headless woman. In fact, until 'Bubba Ho-Tep' the Elvis episode was my favourite take on what we all know to be true (The King faking his own death to find meaning and understanding in his life-lol!). It was silly, not perfect by any means but in contrast to the previous comment (did they actually watch more than a few minutes!?!) it was BRILLIANT! It was one of those shows that qualifies as TV too Good for TV: Cop Rock, The Tick (live action), Firefly, Quark.

loved this show and am happy to find there are others out there

Author: LittleEarthquakes from United States
16 October 2007

I loved this show and so did my dad! We never missed an episode. I wish it should show up on DVD one day or on youtube or both. It may have been a short lived show, but it was such a good one. I wish I could still remember the theme cause I did for a few years, but have since forgotten it. As has been said before...he was on the run and had hid out in this old guys motor home...well the guy heard him called him out and slammed on the breaks when he saw him...johnny fell forward and hit his forehead on the dashboard denting the Winne part in Winnebago so when he had to come up with a last name, bago was all he saw and he chose it. The Elvid episode *was* a classic as someone else has said and I loved the Franky Five Belches guy!

Johnny Bago Fan Club!

Author: Chester McFisticuffs (rowboat@dazedandconfused.com) from Los Angeles
31 May 2000

I'm proud to join you three fine fellows in the Johnny Bago Fan Club.

I second the motion for a Johnny Bago DVD collection!