IMDb > "Boy Meets World" (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Boy Meets World"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Boy Meets World" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 26:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

A Comparison to Life

Author: jag85dbsgrl from New Orleans, Louisiana
25 August 2004

I grew up watching Boy Meets World. It has always been my favorite show. They talked about everything from a child's perspective to a teenager's perspective to an adult's perspective. The relationships and problems

that faced Cory and Topanga, Cory and Shawn, and the whole bunch face everyday teenagers today. It is completely understandable, and can always make you smile. I hope it continues to air on ABC and Disney Channel. It is an inspiration to children. Boy Meets World shows all of the hardships that children can have. From Shawn's parents splitting up to his dad dying. They show the progression to a wonderful relationship between Cory and Topanga. Some episodes can make you laugh and some can make you cry. It is like a Friends episode for children. It is a wonderful story of friendships, relationships, and life.

The best show on Disney Channel!!!

Author: me from United States
24 February 2005

I don't know why, but for some reason, Disney is getting rid of their best shows and putting in new ones that are pointless to watch (ie: "Brandy and Mr. Whiskers"). But "Boy Meets World" is one of the good ones, unfortunately being pushed off to a later and later time.

This show is good for a number of reasons. The actors are hilarious, all portraying very different and very real characters. Cory's brother, Eric, is my favorite, because every show needs a little slapstick humor.

The story line is fabulous. Unlike other shows that portray sappy, stereotypical teenagers doing things no one in real life would ever do,(See "Lizzie McGuire") this show contains humor and drama held together with definite realism. The show deals with a lot of the things that teenagers go through, while making it still entertaining to watch.

I love this show, and personally don't tire of it. It is great for all ages. The younger shows have more humor and are better for younger children, while the older ones contain more drama and are great for teens to watch. I personally like both, and sometimes my dad watches with me.

Overall, this is a great show, and should not be kicked off the air.

This show was for us all, and we loved it!

Author: wondercheese from Tulsa, Oklahoma
24 August 2004

This show was great! it was heartfelt and made us feel good about ourselves. This show took us back to our youth. When we were the boys meeting the world. When we were facing life and wondered how the world would put us in a situation that was ironically impossible. This show took the impossible situation and turned it into the fun we had if we had thought about the "OH YEAH!" factor before hand. This show was for us all. It made us feel good about ourselves and our remembrance of our youth. This show was for us all, and we loved it! This show is one that will live on after its cancellation. our children will watch it and our children will love it. Admit it, who didn't shed a tear when it was over?

a very fun show

Author: The_Amazing_Spy_Rises from United States
4 January 2005

Boy Meets World is a show that reminds me a lot of NBC's 'Friends,' except for teens and younger children. Ben Savage leads the show as the character Cory Matthews. BMW shows the hardships of life from a young kid, a teen, a young adult, and finally, an adult. The show does a great job of adding humor in a lot of aspects of the show. As Cory goes on, you can see that he is maturing with time. I grew up with Cory, and he shows how hard it can be. The show does a good job of developing Cory, giving him the girl of his dreams, a loyal friend, a caring family, and a teacher/principal who has always been at his side. The show has everything that makes a good sitcom, comedy, drama, romance, and the occasional deep trouble that every teen gets in. BMW ended 5 years ago, but it is still one of the most watched shows on TV on the Disney Channel and ABC Family.

It's just so much fun to watch this show, and watch the characters develop so well. It's just a shame that none of the actors from the show besides Rider Strong and Will Friedle have gone on to bigger and better things. Look for Ben Savage to star in a movie next year, that's looking very good.

9.5/10 --spy

Despite some very unrealistic situations, this is a very good show

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
2 February 2005

"Boy Meets World", I grew up with this show. I will always admit without a doubt that this show made me laugh and cry. It dealt with real issues like sex, first days of high school and college, drugs, not fitting in, etc. Most of the problems that go into a normal teenager's life. As the show grew more and more, Erik's character changed drastically. He went from just a smooth talking womanizer to a retarded heart warmer. Mr. Feeny, it seemed like he followed these 3 students everywhere they went. Like in the last episode even Shawn says "You haven't talked to another student in 7 years!" Great line, because it was so true. But I would never turn down this show because it does have great laughs. Every season brings something special to it. I would recommend removing the flaws and you find a great show.

TGIF At It's Best

Author: Ginger87 from New York City
26 August 2004

"Boy Meets World" and "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" were the best TGIF shows. My friends and I used to get together every Friday night to watch these shows and they always gave us good laughs.

"Boy Meets World" told the story of Cory Matthews, his friends, and family. Through the series they got older and more mature. My favorite episode was "The Honeymoon is Over". The best scene was when Cory and Topanga bump into the little kid in the hallway. That was hilarious. I also liked the episodes "Sixteen Candles and Four-Hundred-Pound Men" and "Stormy Weather".

I really enjoyed this show because it was original and realistic. I heard TGIF came back with new shows, but it's not the same. I give this show 10/10 stars.

A great coming of age show, not as cheesy as "Saved By The Bell"

Author: movieman-192 from Sydney, Australia
8 December 2004

I must admit that i wasn't the biggest fan of "Boy Meets World" when it used to air on TV during the 90's, only recently i borrowed Season 3 from my friend & have been watching it over & over again, there isn't any cheesy dialogues in this, the reason i'm saying this is because I used to be a huge fan of "Saved By The Bell", but watching that show now you can see that there are a lot of pathetic & cheesy episodes & I also noticed that Kelly can't act well. Boy Meets World is more realistic & something more that you might be able to relate to. Ben Savage as Corey Matthews was a good actor for his age & in my opinion is equally as good as his brother Fred Savage from " The Wonder Years ". William Friedle as Eric Matthews was probably one of the better characters because he's supposed to be really dumb & plays that well. Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter is also good, he adds to the shows, everyone else is great too, but i don't wanna post a huge review. I love the scenes when they actually show Corey & Shawn or Corey & Eric fighting, i don't mean verbal they actually start pushing & shoving it's so realistic, to me that adds to their great acting it looks all so real. A great show its not the funniest but its a classic. 8 / 10

Moving and inspirational tales of adolescence

Author: Elysia (neptune693@msn.com) from Florida, USA
16 April 2001

Sometimes the lessons we learn about life when we are growing up are forgotten when we become adults; this show helps to remind us of what we learned. It is a bit campy, but that is half of the fun of the show. The characters are people that we all knew at some point in our lives, but the bond that they share is not something that we can all say that we have. If you are searching for 30 minutes of campy fun, and a chance to look back on your adolescence then this is the show for you.

Great Show

Author: ilove2dance118 from CT
17 August 2004

Boy Meets World is a great show. The first show is as good as the last. It is perfect for the whole family. There is no need to worry about swearing, nudity, drugs, or anything like that. Kids can enjoy it. There are characters that everyone can fall in love with. It is hilarious but still covers real issues like bullying, relationships, and other things that children and teenagers may face.

For those who haven't seen the show, these are some of the best/main characters: Cory- whinny and annoying, but a good guy with a great life; Sean- Cory's best friend, rough around the edges, but a great friend; Topanga- Cory's girlfriend, Smart, weird (in the beginning); Eric- Cory's brother, extremely funny, kind of like Joey from friends; Matt- Sean's half brother, good looking, rich, smart; Mr. Feeny- Cory, Sean, and Topanga's teacher from the first season throughout high school to the last season, gives great advice; Angela- Sean's girlfriend in high school and college.

With this much of a variety in personalities, this show has a character everyone in the family can enjoy.

Hooked on Boy Meets World

Author: fourzan from New Mexico, USA
15 April 2002

As a 43 year-old, English teacher, I must admit "Boy Meets World" has some of the most intricate scripts I have ever seen in teenage shows. I sometimes ask my students to view the day's episode at home and come back ready to discuss theme, plot, character, etc. Some students admit to liking the show after a few viewings. Once they understand each character and the force that drives him/her, the show pretty much seems to flow and attract the students.

Oh, yes, I am also addicted to it. I only wish I had followed it through its regular seasons. Watching the re-runs on the Disney Channel is not all that good. They skip episodes and repeat others too often.

Page 1 of 26:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]