IMDb > "Big Wave Dave's" (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Big Wave Dave's" More at IMDbPro »

Big wave Dave's needed a chance!

Author: gingasnaps from United States
17 February 2012

I can't remember when this show aired, but obviously it was only on six weeks and then canned. Did the network just make it as filler for an empty time slot? I think it had a lot of potential. Maybe the premise was shaky, and the Hawaiian sets a little too phony, but the jokes were smart, funny, and the main cast was absolutely stellar! The Ernest Hemingway riffs and theme throughout was an added touch. Too bad it didn't get at least one full season.

It was great to see the humorous side of the wonderful actor David Morse. He is usually cast as a villain, simpleton, or cop. But I think he can truly play anything! (And that of course includes doctors and Pilots! :) I would love to see him take another crack as a lead in a comedic series.

Undertow.

Author: tfrizzell from United States
5 June 2004

Hideous dog of a sitcom that lasted basically no time on CBS before it was yanked due to invisible ratings on the Nielsen Scale. Three losers (led by Adam Arkin) leave their suburban lives to run a beach resort where surfing and hot women in bikinis are the calling cards. The series suffered from stupid situations and ideas that seemed lost on the early-1990s viewing crowed. Good television actors like Kurtwood Smith, Jane Kaczmarek and David Morse all could not make up for a show that just never found itself (I do not think there was ever a reputable concept here to start with). Total disgust by big executives at CBS and total ignorance by the viewing public would mercifully give "Big Wave Dave's" a burial at sea. Turkey (0 stars out of 5).