IMDb > Wild West (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Wild West More at IMDbPro »

Adorable movie

Author: lotus_flowers from USA
20 October 2006

I agree with a comment made by the star, Naveen Andrews; the movie was ahead of its time. It is a funny and lovely film that really should be seen my more people who enjoy a good laugh and a nice storyline.

Each actor (and actress) gives a wonderful performance, and Naveen Andrews in particular knows how to deliver a good line and get the most from his scenes. Wonderful music skills are also shown off by Naveen. His skills, mixed with the songs added to the soundtrack by top country artists, give an authentic energy to the film. You really want to see these boys make it big.

Nods should also be given to Lalita Ahmed, for putting in a wonderful and hilarious performance as the boys over-protective, traditional Mother.

A slapdash cheerful affair

Author: Brian Ellis from Chantilly, VA
1 September 2001

Uneven to say the least. Pretty much a "day in the life" type of movie. It kept my attention because it showed a sub-culture that I didn't have much knowledge of (English-Indian). Add in the offbeat touch of the main characters playing in county-western band and it gets pretty engaging. The music, by the way, was pretty good (but I'm no expert of C&W music). The problem was that things came and went in the story. The husband, the thugs, the jobs, all loosely connected and never really resolved. But, all in all, not a bad way to spend some time.

Charming movie - ironic because country music is now big in UK

Author: BR GOOD from UK
8 October 2014

This was such a great 90's film that featured country music. Only now in 2014 has the youth of Britain really got into country music. So this was ahead of its time (yes, I know another review already said that). The story felt so real because it was filmed in typical London suburbs where Indian, Jewish and Irish all live together. It could have been a fly on the wall documentary or reality item because it had that look and feel about it. I wonder why this is not shown on TV ever? Film 4, as far as I am aware, never show it. One issue is that the title "Wild West" has been given to so many film now that it can cause confusion. The excellent music included covers of Nanci Griffith and Steve Earle songs. I really cannot recommend this film highly enough.

Well, there was nothing else on TV, so...

Author: DizzyDitz from California
27 March 2002

Hmmm.. Pakistanis in London...want to become ...country singers. Sounds interesting. About a million things are happening at once in this dizzying movie, so its hard to follow. It is funny betimes, but confusing the rest of the time. It just doesn't seem to gel. I don't recommend this movie if you want to be entertained, because there is a good chance you will not be. Especially because the music is country. Bad country. Rainy Day Movie.