first rate

Author: dtucker86 from Germany
7 April 2002

I first read Nancy Ziegenmeyer's story in an issue of Reader's Digest. I also read about her in People and Good Housekeeping and of course read her book as well. This is a fine film about a courageous woman. What got me about the film was it showed Nancy as warts and all. She was promiscuous and did have an affair before the rape. Still, she showed a lot of courage in speaking out the way she did to help others. Also I like the fact that the man who raped her was sentenced to life in prison with no parole.

Exceptional Movie a must see

Author: jameswilliams784 from United States
17 June 2014

WOW, what an exceptional movie this is. True story about a rape victim and the aftermath and how she becomes a strong advocate for rape victims. I have read the book (which is very good) and the movie follows the book fairly well. We understand that Nancy has her flaws, she had an affair before the rape but Nancy with her flaws is a strong woman in the end. The acting is great especially Patricia Wettig, by far her best performance. Great storytelling, great supporting actors, the movie moves a a good pace. My only disparaging thought about this movies was that it was a made for TV movie. Not enough people see this type of movie and its a story that needs to get out. If you get a chance to see this movie or read the book by all means do so.